Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Redrobo said:
    Croydon said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    jams said:
    Like the look of Pompey's business so far 
    Is it really that good? Or are people more impressed because they signed more than 1 player?  
    I doubt ours will be any better, a mixture of free signings and loans is all I can see heading our way 
    I think this will be our best window in years.
    Why?
    Dean Holden selecting the players he wants to recruit
    Leaburn staying
    New owners
    New money
    Most of the u18’s signing contracts, including Patrick Casey. I heard clubs were circling him and I could not be more chuffed that he has stayed with us for the next three years. 42 goals last season!
    No dickheads policy
    It just all seems so much more positive.

Other than we have been shafted for years, why are you feeling so negative? Are you hoping TS stays or happy he is going?
    Zero proof of any new money whatsoever.
    Given that the potential new owners have spent a fortune trying to buy the Club and have overcome huge obstacles just to get this far, and given that they must be supporting the offers made to so many of our youth players, and given that at least one of them is seriously rich, what is your gut feeling on their ability to pass the EFL tests and then build a team to get promoted?
    Unless I have missed it, I wasn't aware of any confirmation on who the new owners arre. Freidman has been mentioned online, but have you seen any documentation lodged anywhere official that confirms his billionaire involvement? Until that's confirmed, I won't be expecting our best window in years.

I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong of course, I would love nothing more than for us to blitz this league. Just seems like there's a lot of faith being put into pretty vague information currently 
  • I still think Hector will sign. I thought he did really well, but don’t think he did enough to show any championship club he is worth signing to be in their starting 11.
  • Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    jams said:
    Is it really that good? Or are people more impressed because they signed more than 1 player?  
    I doubt ours will be any better, a mixture of free signings and loans is all I can see heading our way 
    Why?
    Leaburn staying
    New owners
    New money
    Most of the u18’s signing contracts, including Patrick Casey. I heard clubs were circling him and I could not be more chuffed that he has stayed with us for the next three years. 42 goals last season!
    No dickheads policy

Other than we have been shafted for years, why are you feeling so negative? Are you hoping TS stays or happy he is going?
    Au contraire. New owners means new money. 
    Fair point, but there's no evidence of how much new money there is 
    No evidence of new owners yet, just names on paper being investigated by the EFL
  • sam3110 said:
    What we need to avoid is players who played for Ipswich, then signed elsewhere, then we sign them, as that delivers us dross like Marcus Bent and Darren Ambrose
    I wish we had that standard of dross now.
  • Scoham said:
    May I please be the first to chant,

Da, da Da DA....        El Mizouni

Where's my season ticket application form now I need it ?
  • edited June 2023
    redbuttle said:
    cafc4life said:
    what is this obsession with us being after Ipswich rejects
    What like Darren Bent and Matt Holland
    Or the the Hermanator and Ray Crawford back in the day 😉
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Was very highly rated when younger, had a few injury issues when younger held him back, but seems over them now.
    would be a very good signing. Upgrade on Innins 
    Still appears nothing happening at CAFC, even though there was a suggestion of another body though the door 🚪 this week, admittedly there’s still tomorrow.

Any updates?
  • Redrobo said:
    Croydon said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    jams said:
    Why?
    Leaburn staying
    New owners
    New money
    No dickheads policy

Given that the potential new owners have spent a fortune trying to buy the Club and have overcome huge obstacles just to get this far, and given that they must be supporting the offers made to so many of our youth players, and given that at least one of them is seriously rich, what is your gut feeling on their ability to pass the EFL tests and then build a team to get promoted?
     Got any proof of that? Other than "It's wot Tommy said."
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Was very highly rated when younger, had a few injury issues when younger held him back, but seems over them now.
    Still appears nothing happening at CAFC, even though there was a suggestion of another body though the door 🚪 this week, admittedly there’s still tomorrow.

Any updates?
    They’ve got to announce a kit today or tomorrow for us to wear on Saturday so maybe we will get a new signing wearing a new kit 
  • Lots of talk about an improved budget. 
    I shall wait until we actually start spending money before getting over excited. 
    The proof of the pudding and all that.
    It may just be wage budget which is improved - ie able to attract players on £5k a week rather than £3k a week. No matter how much money is available wages or fees, it is all about how wisely it is spent and how aligned management are to the signings. Hopefully the black box/laptop is somewhere near the seabed of the North Sea…
  • NabySarr said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Any updates?
    They’ve got to announce a kit today or tomorrow for us to wear on Saturday so maybe we will get a new signing wearing a new kit 
    Tomorrow 09:30
  • There are a multitude of reasons why we may not sign Alfie May, but we definitely spoke to him on more than one occasion. I’d like to hope that it is because Holden thinks we can get better but we shall see if that turns out to be the case. 
  • mart77 said:
    There are a multitude of reasons why we may not sign Alfie May, but we definitely spoke to him on more than one occasion. I’d like to hope that it is because Holden thinks we can get better but we shall see if that turns out to be the case. 
    This. May might not have fitted into Holdens view of how he wants things which is fair enough but unless we have someone else lined up who is going to score a hatful of goals then we won’t be promotion material. 
  • mart77 said:
    There are a multitude of reasons why we may not sign Alfie May, but we definitely spoke to him on more than one occasion. I’d like to hope that it is because Holden thinks we can get better but we shall see if that turns out to be the case. 
    I doubt we will sign many (if any) better players than Alfie May, but we will hopefully be signing better suited players to the way Holden wants us to play 
  • Sponsored links:

• This happens to me every window. I start by feeling underwhelmed by the potential targets ( May and Tunnicliffe) , do my research and end up disappointed when they don't sign.

I would have accepted May but I hope we are in for better players. Going down a Division for more money doesn't feel like a positive move.
  • Never understand the meltdown people have when we ‘miss out’ on a player we were never in for 
    While I agree, tbf to the ‘meltdowners’, in-the-know posters have at recent times this summer claimed May was a target and was having a medical - so hardly surprising some are disappointed when news emerges that he’s now signing for a League Two club. 
  • TelMc32 said:
    Is he the big fella we need to replace Inniss?
    At 6'3" he apparently only weighs 75kgs, which is very light for that height. Your standard CB in the Premier League is around 90kgs.
    Perhaps it doesn't matter at our level, but I still feel we need a beast at the back.
  • cfgs said:
    TelMc32 said:
    A new rumour and must be close of likely to happen if Rich has broken cover with it.
    A n the words of Clinton Baptiste, I’m getting the word Lavelle
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    IMO if May goes to Gills then he clearly ain’t good enough for a Lg1 promotion push
    Exactly this. It's like the Cole Stockton saga all over again. Why aren't we in for him, club is showing no ambition if we don't sign him, he's exactly what we need etc etc. And yet despite what we think on this forum, not only do Charlton not sign him, but no other top half league one club (or in May's case potentially ANY league one club) sign him either. 

I'll be the first to admit i'm surprised we're not interested given his record but i've not seen much of the player at all, but the fact that at least a dozen sets of league one managers/scouting teams who could afford to sign him clearly aren't interested says a lot.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Any updates?
    Let’s just see what happens. Lots of things can change.. Jonny Williams prime example. Until the ink is dry and released in to the media anything can happen 
    Hedging your bets or

Its Happening GIFs  Tenor
  • JamesSeed said:
    TelMc32 said:
    Is he the big fella we need to replace Inniss?
    At 6'3" he apparently only weighs 75kgs, which is very light for that height. Your standard CB in the Premier League is around 90kgs.
    Perhaps it doesn't matter at our level, but I still feel we need a beast at the back.
    It’s probably not accurate which can be the case for lower league players. Around the time we signed Dale Stephens several sites said he was 5 ft 7 when he was about 6 ft.
  • Dubai have u heard anything recently regarding Sess ? Cheers 
  • cafc4life said:
    It's always been thus .... there was Captain Clean Shorts and Herman. And Danny Haynes, although he was our own reject first.  And a couple of others, I've forgotten. Plus Fraser,of course. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    cafc4life said:
    It's always been thus .... there was Captain Clean Shorts and Herman. And Danny Haynes, although he was our own reject first.  And a couple of others, I've forgotten. Plus Fraser,of course. 
    Of course for older fans there was Geoff Hammond although he came via Manchester City.