Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited June 2023
    It’s Hector, confirmed on Facebook.

https://fb.watch/ltAa9W512Z/
  • HecTOR!
  • Blooming hec
  • One year deal though, not a big gamble for either party.
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    One year deal though, not a big gamble for either party.
    Frustrated at this, at least stick a clause in to trigger another year! 

Presume it’ll be a ‘if we go up I’ll stay’ type thing
  • Are people really seriously talking about relegation 2 months before the window shuts and in week 1 of pre season?????

go into pre season with this squad isn't great but we have time.

go into the season with this squad and we will be looking over our shoulder.

even with this poor squad, we are still better than the promoted teams, port vale, Cambridge etc.

chill people, you will make yourselves ill. 
    Do you really believe that even with the current poor squad we are better than the promoted teams and better than others like Port Vale? If so then wow. 
    Yes. As I said, 6 weeks to go until jim white evening! 

I've just received a message saying hector has signed. I'm not sure if it's been posted yet on here yet as this is the first message I've seen and read. In a space of an hour, our squad has been massively improved.

if we play 4 at the back, our centre backs are hector, ness, Thomas and either Mitchell or elewere (spelling). You believe that Carlisle centre backs options are better than that? How about Cambridge, how about orient?

a midfield 3 of Dobson, frazer and mcgrandles is a good league 1 trio. Not saying it's good enough for promotion but definitely better than the 4 promoted teams can put out.

if you honestly believe Carlisle are stronger than us then I see your wow and raise you with a double wow.
  • TelMc32 said:
    Is he trying to hold in a fart in the middle image?
  • Quality addition.
  • I think it’s a great signing. Got himself up to speed with us and now has a full pre-season. We needed a quality, experienced head to bring on Ness & Michell and I think they’ll both be all the better for having Hec as a mentor.
  • Another Right-Back to compete with Egbo
    Another Left-Back as First Choice, ahead of Thomas at the very least
    Another Centre-Back to replace Lavelle please
  • edited June 2023
    mart77 said:
    Hector is a very very important signing. Still hoping we get the Cambridge lad Jones too.
    Agreed on both. On paper, Hector, Jones and Ness (with Thomas as back up) would be a fairly strong selection of CBs, probably would  want another for numbers but a decent start, especially if they get a preseason to actually gel together and get an understanding which they didn't last time out.

• Sponsored links:

• Get in!! Great to keep him even if it’s for only a year.
    Wish it was for longer but hopefully it will be when new owners are in place.
  • Another Right-Back to compete with Egbo
    Another Left-Back as First Choice, ahead of Thomas at the very least
    Another Centre-Back to replace Lavelle please
    I’d be very happy if we could bring in Sess, a left back like Edun and a decent CB. Only 7 defenders but Sess’ versatility means 2 RB’s and 2 LB’s. 
  • thenewbie said:
    mart77 said:
    Hector is a very very important signing. Still hoping we get the Cambridge lad Jones too.
    Agreed on both. On paper, Hector, Jones and Ness (with Thomas as back up) would be a fairly strong selection of CBs, probably would  want another for numbers but a decent start, especially if they get a preseason to actually gel together and get an understanding which they didn't last time out.

I’m torn on that from your selection as I don’t want to leave Elerewe out in the cold if he has improved after his loan.
  • Do we think it’s Hec and Ness as the 1st choice pairing and we’re now looking for depth or do we want another starter? 
  • Chuffed as nuts with Hector re-signing. Too good for this league so think him staying is massvie plus. 
  • fenaddick said:
    Do we think it’s Hec and Ness as the 1st choice pairing and we’re now looking for depth or do we want another starter? 
    Imagine that’s what we’re going after Lloyd Jones for, unless Holden wants three at the back
  • fenaddick said:
    Do we think it’s Hec and Ness as the 1st choice pairing and we’re now looking for depth or do we want another starter? 
    Would rather sign someone to start over Ness.
  • Southbank said:
    Fantastic news!!! We are signing the same players who got us to 10th last season. Brilliant. I am buying my season ticket right now. Can't wait.

Now we know why the budget was fixed. We are paying the same players the same money as last season

WTF? 🫤