Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Rossman92 said:
    jams said:
    Like the look of Pompey's business so far 
    It’s been the same the last few seasons with, though they still have not made the play offs.

Have to think eventually it will click though. 
    Yeah Pompey doing a load of business early seems to be a broken record every transfer window, yet here we are still playing them 
    Substitute playing and add beating
  • Rossman92 said:
    jams said:
    It’s been the same the last few seasons with, though they still have not made the play offs.

Yeah Pompey doing a load of business early seems to be a broken record every transfer window, yet here we are still playing them 
    Exact same thing was said about Ipswich last season. Now look at them.

• Redrobo said:
    jams said:
    Is it really that good? Or are people more impressed because they signed more than 1 player?  
    I doubt ours will be any better, a mixture of free signings and loans is all I can see heading our way 
    I think this will be our best window in years.
    Why?
    It’s quite a low bar so not that unlikely 
  • Rossman92 said:
    jams said:

No it was not Golfie and you need to stop peddling this fallacy.

Youve been told multiple times by different posters that we had signed more players then Ipswich in the early part of last season. You seemingly keep on ignoring this fact, and I don’t understand why.

There’s a thread on the Mandela effect and this feels like it could fit in there!
  • Rossman92 said:
    jams said:

To be fair, it was also said about them the season before 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Rossman92 said:
    jams said:

For Ipswich it came to fruition over two seasons after buying in bulk with the likes of Bonne, Pigott, Fraser ( the irony) who failed to make an impact but they suddenly got it right and the 4 nil thrashing of Cafc in that last game of 21/22 was an omen of the excellent season they had in 22/23 and a bigger thrashing for Cafc with 6 of the best and the gap between the two clubs was enormous. 

The moral to this story is it will take at least two windows to correct the mistakes of the past.
  • Rossman92 said:
    jams said:

Ipswich spent 4 seasons in the league and were among the higher spenders for all of them before finally getting promotion.

All it proves is that getting the right players (and manager) is far more important than when you get them or for what cost.

Are there advantages to getting things done earlier, yes there are. But it's not the be all and end all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    jams said:
    Is it really that good? Or are people more impressed because they signed more than 1 player?  
    I doubt ours will be any better, a mixture of free signings and loans is all I can see heading our way 
    Why?
    Dean Holden selecting the players he wants to recruit
    Leaburn staying
    New owners
    New money
    Most of the u18’s signing contracts, including Patrick Casey. I heard clubs were circling him and I could not be more chuffed that he has stayed with us for the next three years. 42 goals last season!
    No dickheads policy
    It just all seems so much more positive.

Other than we have been shafted for years, why are you feeling so negative? Are you hoping TS stays or happy he is going?
  • Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    jams said:
    Why?
    Leaburn staying
    New owners
    New money
    Most of the u18’s signing contracts, including Patrick Casey. I heard clubs were circling him and I could not be more chuffed that he has stayed with us for the next three years. 42 goals last season!
    No dickheads policy

Other than we have been shafted for years, why are you feeling so negative? Are you hoping TS stays or happy he is going?
    Not negative just cautious and wounded after the shit we have suffered for years and no, I don’t want TS to stay however…….

There is no proof Holden is selecting the players, just talk 

Leaburn could be sold at any time 

We don’t have new owners, they are still being investigated by the EFL

There is no evidence of “new money “ being injected into the club 
    saved me posting. 
  • Jones fits the right kind of profile, big centre half that comes well regarded from his current club and looks to be a threat from setpieces too. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Jones fits the right kind of profile, big centre half that comes well regarded from his current club and looks to be a threat from setpieces too. 
    Came through at Liverpool so would hope he’s better than Inniss with his feet as well 
  • Doesn’t appear on the squad list on Wikipedia. Someone’s got the hump with him
  • Sponsored links:

• England U19 and U20 caps.

• Is he a long term target or the back up plan to Hector?
  • NabySarr said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Jones fits the right kind of profile, big centre half that comes well regarded from his current club and looks to be a threat from setpieces too. 
    Came through at Liverpool so would hope he’s better than Inniss with his feet as well 

Yeah would expect him to be decent with his feet too. 
  • Do not know to much about him, and I know football does not work this way, but looking at the seasons he has played substantially in League One he has either been relegated, flirted with relegation or been part of a team which has had one of the worst goals against records.

Which makes me more than a little wary.

• Oggy Red said:
    England U19 and U20 caps.

Innis was Eng U16 captain
  • Ness, Hector, Jones, Thomas/Mitchell would be a very decent set of CB options
  • TelMc32 said:
    Didn't Lavelle win loads of awards at Morecambe?
  • Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    jams said:
    Why?
    Leaburn staying
    New owners
    New money
    No dickheads policy

You would have written the same the last 3 summer transfer windows with TS either about to take charge or in charge
  • TelMc32 said:
    Didn't Lavelle win loads of awards at Morecambe?
    Don’t forget Penney at Queens Park 😂