Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• nagAddick said:
    nagAddick said:
    reserves said:

reserves said:
    I haven’t read through these recent posts or any other threads so sorry if this is old info. 

Heard from someone inside the club that a potential signing is at the training ground today and if it comes off I think most would be very happy. 

Could be a good sign for the future ownership, certainly would make me feel more positive. 

I’m not gonna say who I’ve been told it is as wouldn’t want to jinx it. Serendipity if we annoiced him on the morning of the 29th. 

It’s a player from team that finished beneath us that many have mentioned would be a fantastic signing, I’d be shocked if we were the only one in for him. 
    May be useful, maybe not. 

The player I was referring to above, from what I've heard, hasn't been back to the training ground since visiting at least twice back when I posted this.
    Does that mean you can give the name now ?

I could be wrong but think he has basically in the post without out right saying it 
    For some reason I can’t work it out 🤦‍♂️
    It’s Alfie May
  • Oh of course 
  • nagAddick said:
    reserves said:

reserves said:
    I haven’t read through these recent posts or any other threads so sorry if this is old info. 

Heard from someone inside the club that a potential signing is at the training ground today and if it comes off I think most would be very happy. 

Could be a good sign for the future ownership, certainly would make me feel more positive. 

I’m not gonna say who I’ve been told it is as wouldn’t want to jinx it. Serendipity if we annoiced him on the morning of the 29th. 

It’s a player from team that finished beneath us that many have mentioned would be a fantastic signing, I’d be shocked if we were the only one in for him. 
    May be useful, maybe not. 

The player I was referring to above, from what I've heard, hasn't been back to the training ground since visiting at least twice back when I posted this.
    Does that mean you can give the name now ?

I could be wrong but think he has basically in the post without out right saying it 
    Yes he says Serendipity. Can only mean we're signing John Cusack
    Damnit... I thought I had more time to get this one in!!

• In previous seasons we have waited until much later in the window before resigning our existing injury-prone squad members. 

This really made me chuckle.

looking forward to Graham Shinnie joining on deadline day 
  • Has he signed for another club?
    No
  • I think its become clear that until the takeover has been completed all we will be signing are frees & loans. Now, some frees are ok, even decent (Taylor) -  but many will be mulling over various offers & an uncertain ownership may put a few off. 

We wont be paying a fee for anyone until the new owners come in, and then I reckon it will only be a few hundred thousand here or there. In the meantime, anyone that will command a fee will mean we have to shift someone out first like we did with Woolacott (so maybe Kirk, DJ or Lavelle) and even then the money we bring in might only be enough as a sweetener/larger agent fee, rather than a fee to a selling club.

Therefore, seeing as the takeover will take another month or so I dont see us signing many players and like our recent transfer windows it will be a mad rush in late July / early August to find a few players that will give us even a full squad. 
  • I think its become clear that until the takeover has been completed all we will be signing are frees & loans. Now, some frees are ok, even decent (Taylor) -  but many will be mulling over various offers & an uncertain ownership may put a few off. 

We wont be paying a fee for anyone until the new owners come in, and then I reckon it will only be a few hundred thousand here or there. In the meantime, anyone that will command a fee will mean we have to shift someone out first like we did with Woolacott (so maybe Kirk, DJ or Lavelle) and even then the money we bring in might only be enough as a sweetener/larger agent fee, rather than a fee to a selling club.

Therefore, seeing as the takeover will take another month or so I dont see us signing many players and like our recent transfer windows it will be a mad rush in late July / early August to find a few players that will give us even a full squad. 
    Some people will probably claim your being negative and a downer, but tbh I think you're spot on. 
  • Sponsored links:

Some people will probably claim your being negative and a downer, but tbh I think you're spot on. 
    So do I, so he should certainly keep posting it on a regular basis in case anyone misses it. 😉
  • Reckon he was on our radar, and as ever Gallen and Co have a list they work through, of semi realistic targets that they contact. No doubt if Isted said no too, the next name on the list was a low prem/high championship loanee, and another couple of free agent keepers
  • Hopefully any deal to sign Alfie May is just parked until the new owners take charge, I know there can be an obsession in modern football with signings needing to be about a future resale fee but I believe we have lacked a experience & character the last couple of seasons so would be delighted if he joined us. 
  • edited June 2023
    I understand we are in limbo and the new owner hasn't got the keys yet as checks are being done to make sure the house isn't made of straw and are the buyer's legit (😂)  BUT even if it's a free signing who decides what the salary is to be?

Sandgaard, with Peter Storie the go between and conduit between Charlie and the secret Seven ?

This is a dark fairy tale and it's Grimm Bro's.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Out of JoJo , the guy Vigeroux from O's who we were linked with and this fella, I reckon he is by far the best option but I do still AMB could be as good if not better still 
    Orient bloke on his way to Burnley 
    No he isn't, they're about to sign someone from Belgium. Vigeroux will end up in the Champ
    Nice knowing you all. Ronnie has made me look like a fool, I can’t show my face round here again 
    See ya tomorrow...😉
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Out of JoJo , the guy Vigeroux from O's who we were linked with and this fella, I reckon he is by far the best option but I do still AMB could be as good if not better still 
    Orient bloke on his way to Burnley 
    No he isn't, they're about to sign someone from Belgium. Vigeroux will end up in the Champ
    Nice knowing you all. Ronnie has made me look like a fool, I can’t show my face round here again 
    Don't ever darken your doorstep again.

Thought i said that on the previous page :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    I think its become clear that until the takeover has been completed all we will be signing are frees & loans. Now, some frees are ok, even decent (Taylor) -  but many will be mulling over various offers & an uncertain ownership may put a few off. 

Thought i said that on the previous page :)

I think it's different this time. If the takeover happens, we actually have signings teed up. I hope...

• ValleyBen said:
    Hopefully any deal to sign Alfie May is just parked until the new owners take charge, I know there can be an obsession in modern football with signings needing to be about a future resale fee but I believe we have lacked a experience & character the last couple of seasons so would be delighted if he joined us. 
    ....hope you are right but if you were May, would you be willing to sit 'parked' pending the resolution of an open-ended takeover? I wouldn't.
  • edited June 2023
    meldrew66 said:
    ValleyBen said:
    Hopefully any deal to sign Alfie May is just parked until the new owners take charge, I know there can be an obsession in modern football with signings needing to be about a future resale fee but I believe we have lacked a experience & character the last couple of seasons so would be delighted if he joined us. 
    ....hope you are right but if you were May, would you be willing to sit 'parked' pending the resolution of an open-ended takeover? I wouldn't.
    Yes I would if….

- I was still getting paid by Cheltenham
    - could train with Cheltenham all summer
    - could go somewhere else on deadline day if I had to
    - Charlton were close to my family
    - Charlton were the best club ‘interested’ (with regards to potential salary / success).
  • edited June 2023
    meldrew66 said:
    ValleyBen said:

There must be a cut off date, it may show how keen he is to play for us...  no pun intended
  • he was playing in the play off semi, remember that night!
  • edited June 2023
    MarcusH26 said:

Vigouroux to Burnley confirmed as people were posting last week. 

Very similar to Ben Hamer to Leicester.
    You go from playing every week to being a bench warmer and helping Kasper Schmeichel in Ben's case. Plus at least a 100% pay rise back in day. 

Vigouroux can be the bench warmer for Burnley, work with the 1st team keeper Muric and play some league cup games.
    Plus at least 400% pay rise in the money rich Premier league of 2023.
  • MarcusH26 said:

You go from playing every week to being a bench warmer and helping Kasper Schmeichel in Ben's case. Plus at least a 100% pay rise back in day. 

Vigouroux can be the bench warmer for Burnley, work with the 1st team keeper and play some league cup games or come in if Nick Pope gets a knock.
    when did Pope go back to Burnley?
  • edited June 2023
    MarcusH26 said:

Vigouroux can be the bench warmer for Burnley, work with the 1st team keeper and play some league cup games or come in if Nick Pope gets a knock.
    when did Pope go back to Burnley?

🤦‍♂️What a Freudian slip to concede a goal.

Of course it was Arijanet Muric who was number 1 and had a spell at Man City as a reserve himself.

Cheers Large 👍 

• meldrew66 said:
    ValleyBen said:
    If he has set his sights on playing for us and no serious sized competion like for example Derby have made an offer then I can believe a player would wait, the takeover is meant to be completed by worst case scenario a week or two before the season starts.

It is not like he is out of contract so risking going unpaid.