Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Southbank said:
    seth plum said:
    Terell Thomas is a good signing.
    No sign yet of any signings that will improve the first 11, they will be the signings that matter, not the Thomas types.
    Apart from the keeper that is 
  • So, Methven's toilet talks proving to be spot on. Free's & loans he said. First 2 in 👍👍.
    That was January , CM has no major say in this takeover Jim Rodwell leading this group with JF 
    You keep banging that drum like we're all banging our heads against the wall having to read it time and again
  • NabySarr said:
    So, Methven's toilet talks proving to be spot on. Free's & loans he said. First 2 in 👍👍.
    Why is everyone obsessed with paying transfer fees? How many fees did we pay in 2018/19? Surely just from looking at our current squad you can see that paying a transfer fee doesn’t mean the signing is better (in our case it’s usually worse). 

Frees and loans are fine if they are good players, we don’t necessarily need to pay fees to get promoted (though it would be nice and maybe easier if we get 1 or 2), just need to get the best frees/loans that are available in league 1 
    It depends on the market some seasons the free agent market is stronger than others
  • Of course there are good players out there available on frees but the issue is we have our 1st pre season game this weekend and so far we will struggle to name a squad on Saturday 
  • Arkwright said:
    LTKapal said:
    Rothko said:
    ha, the geography there is interesting, didn't realise the Cotswolds had move to the south Yorkshire dales
    Implication is probably settled there and moved family there whilst playing for Doncaster, it’s still a load of shite though.
    Even more odd that Alfie May has been known recently to play the odd game of cricket for Farningham - I always understood that was where he was from. 
    May’s missus is from Doncaster 
  • Southbank said:
    seth plum said:
    Terell Thomas is a good signing.
    No sign yet of any signings that will improve the first 11, they will be the signings that matter, not the Thomas types.
    Apart from the keeper that is 
    The keeper that came in as a like for like replacement for the one that left? It would take a very special kind of logic to say he is definitely an improvement. Fortunately you happen to be  a very special kind of poster, I guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jordan Ibe on trial with Chesterfield. 27. I’ve obviously missed something here so no idea what’s gone on with him in recent years. 
  • Jordan Ibe on trial with Chesterfield. 27. I’ve obviously missed something here so no idea what’s gone on with him in recent years. 

https://youtu.be/RrT5K9LHECY
  • Jevani Brown has signed for Bristol Rovers. Perfect match for him and Joey Barton.
  • ButtleJR said:
    I understand where the confusion has arisen. To be clear: For convenience, May is having his CAFC medical in Doncaster - CAFC being Crewe Alexander FC .
  • edited June 2023
    Jevani Brown has signed for Bristol Rovers. Perfect match for him and Joey Barton.
    His initiation was to stub a cigar out on a youth team  players eye lid.

Chesterfield are promotion favs and seem to be spending money but having taken Will Grigg who looks a busted flush and sort of player to avoid they are now looking at Ibe who is certainly one to avoid.  Can see them getting this season wrong.
  • AndyG said:
    Of course there are good players out there available on frees but the issue is we have our 1st pre season game this weekend and so far we will struggle to name a squad on Saturday 
    No we won’t .. 
  • Jevani Brown has signed for Bristol Rovers. Perfect match for him and Joey Barton.
    He also, weirdly, previously played for a team called Barton Rovers
    Once cost Bournemouth 15m
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Jordan Ibe on trial with Chesterfield. 27. I’ve obviously missed something here so no idea what’s gone on with him in recent years. 
    Once cost Bournemouth 15m
    He looked a real talent when he first broke through at Liverpool. Some were even comparing him favourably with Raheem Sterling. I think he may also have had a serious injury after leaving Bournemouth. 

not so weird when you read the non-league sides he played for.  An awful lot very local to each other.  Barton Rovers play around 7 miles from Luton.
  • edited June 2023
    Jevani Brown has signed for Bristol Rovers. Perfect match for him and Joey Barton.
    my cousin manages them
  • reserves said:

reserves said:
    I haven’t read through these recent posts or any other threads so sorry if this is old info. 

Heard from someone inside the club that a potential signing is at the training ground today and if it comes off I think most would be very happy. 

Could be a good sign for the future ownership, certainly would make me feel more positive. 

I’m not gonna say who I’ve been told it is as wouldn’t want to jinx it. Serendipity if we annoiced him on the morning of the 29th. 

It’s a player from team that finished beneath us that many have mentioned would be a fantastic signing, I’d be shocked if we were the only one in for him. 
    May be useful, maybe not. 

The player I was referring to above, from what I've heard, hasn't been back to the training ground since visiting at least twice back when I posted this.
    Has he signed for another club?
  • reserves said:

reserves said:
    I haven’t read through these recent posts or any other threads so sorry if this is old info. 

Heard from someone inside the club that a potential signing is at the training ground today and if it comes off I think most would be very happy. 

Could be a good sign for the future ownership, certainly would make me feel more positive. 

I’m not gonna say who I’ve been told it is as wouldn’t want to jinx it. Serendipity if we annoiced him on the morning of the 29th. 

It’s a player from team that finished beneath us that many have mentioned would be a fantastic signing, I’d be shocked if we were the only one in for him. 

The player I was referring to above, from what I've heard, hasn't been back to the training ground since visiting at least twice back when I posted this.
    Oshilaja isnt coming back then no? 
  • reserves said:

reserves said:

Does that mean you can give the name now ?
  • nagAddick said:
    reserves said:

reserves said:

Does that mean you can give the name now ?

I could be wrong but think he has basically in the post without out right saying it