Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• NabySarr said:
    Need to ship out DJ, Kirk & Lavelle.

Then we do you think we need?

1 x RB
    1 x CB
    1 x LB
    1 x CM
    1 x CAM
    1 x LW
    1 x RW
    1 x ST

3 out and 8 in sounds about right?
    Would probably get 2 Right wingers instead of the left winger as Campbell and CBT both prefer the left. I think we need 2 strikers as Leaburn is quite injury prone and we can’t rely on Chuks 

Ideally get 2 left backs as well but that may be less likely, so hopefully we get Sessegnon as the RB so Thomas is down to 3rd choice LB
    Don't quite get that about Leaburn being "injury prone", the sort of phrase you might well use with Chuks, but not Leaburn, who has just completed his first season, agree he suffered a bit last few games, and was maybe overplayed a bit, due to team selection options, but injury prone...🤷‍♂️
    I think he was injured a fair bit while he was with us from 16-18. Which is why he kind of came out of nowhere last pre-season when many thought it would be Kanu getting the opportunities. It was probably due to him growing so much so might be less of an issue now, he’s obviously not Chuks level but I still think he’s likely to pick up a couple of injuries and will need his minutes managed 
  • NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:
    Need to ship out DJ, Kirk & Lavelle.

Then we do you think we need?

1 x RB
    1 x CB
    1 x LB
    1 x CM
    1 x CAM
    1 x LW
    1 x RW
    1 x ST

3 out and 8 in sounds about right?
    Would probably get 2 Right wingers instead of the left winger as Campbell and CBT both prefer the left. I think we need 2 strikers as Leaburn is quite injury prone and we can’t rely on Chuks 

Ideally get 2 left backs as well but that may be less likely, so hopefully we get Sessegnon as the RB so Thomas is down to 3rd choice LB
    Don't quite get that about Leaburn being "injury prone", the sort of phrase you might well use with Chuks, but not Leaburn, who has just completed his first season, agree he suffered a bit last few games, and was maybe overplayed a bit, due to team selection options, but injury prone...🤷‍♂️
    I think he was injured a fair bit while he was with us from 16-18. Which is why he kind of came out of nowhere last pre-season when many thought it would be Kanu getting the opportunities. It was probably due to him growing so much so might be less of an issue now, he’s obviously not Chuks level but I still think he’s likely to pick up a couple of injuries and will need his minutes managed 
    It’s exactly why all three of Leaburn, Kanu and now perhaps Casey should all be managed with time playing. I think Miles got a raw deal last year in that respect although to his credit he came through. Doubt either Kanu or Casey are genuine first team options and should in preference both go out on loan. It’s why we need two strikers in to allow for Miles having some respite. If he’s relied on week in week out I can see him picking up injuries and hampering his development. 
  • Redhenry said:
    I don't agree with a lot Golfie has to say, but he has a point, one year deal for Hector is disappointing...

One year deal is worse than a two year deal but that’s as far as I’d go.

In contrast a one year deal is better than no deal at all, it’s better than a rival signing him, it’s better than a championship side signing him, he’s better than Inniss, he proved end of last season he was more than good enough.  

This is positive.  
    Keep telling yourself that :)
  • edited June 2023
    Valley11 said:
    Encouraging interview with Hector.

’We didn’t have the team last season but he’s (Holden) going to build a team to meet that objective (promotion)’

Presumably Hector’s decision to sign early is partly based on assurances that we’re going to have a go this year. Let’s hope he and Holden haven’t been sold any flannel by the new owners, and Holden is actually given the resources and freedom to build a promotion-winning squad. 
    I think what Hector meant was: "We didn't have the team last season, but personally I would've kept them all on as squad players."
  • Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    I don't agree with a lot Golfie has to say, but he has a point, one year deal for Hector is disappointing...

One year deal is worse than a two year deal but that’s as far as I’d go.

In contrast a one year deal is better than no deal at all, it’s better than a rival signing him, it’s better than a championship side signing him, he’s better than Inniss, he proved end of last season he was more than good enough.  

This is positive.  
    Keep telling yourself that :)
    So which part of this am I wrong on?

“In contrast a one year deal is better than no deal at all, it’s better than a rival signing him, it’s better than a championship side signing him, he’s better than Inniss, he proved end of last season he was more than good enough.”
  • 1 year contracts are shite FACT
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

In his shoes would you sign for two years? With all the takeover uncertainty around? I certainly wouldn’t. 
    I was surprised he signed so early in the window if I’m honest. 
  • Redhenry said:
    1 year contracts are shite FACT
    Have you not taken into account that the players could be hedging their bets in case the takeover fails. 
    Could it not be us?  He’s had a bad time with injuries in recent years, we got stuffed offering Aneke a long term contract.  
  • Redhenry said:
    We wouldn’t have been saying that if that’s what we gave Watson (without an extension clause) or Aneke and were able to release them 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    Have you not taken into account that the players could be hedging their bets in case the takeover fails. 
    Could it not be us?  He’s had a bad time with injuries in recent years, we got stuffed offering Aneke a long term contract.  
    Sorry are we still talking about Hector?

If so what injuries has he had? 
    He’s had three seasons stop start with minutes no?  If it’s not down to injuries then I stand corrected 👍🏻 
  • Redhenry said:
    Yeah, we only had that JRS bloke for a year, what a waste that was!
    Not a waste no. But we now have to replace him.

Good luck finding a wideman/winger who is going to score us 12 goals next season. 

And the 1 year contract stuff is just like having a loan player. So we will be going into the new season with 7 or 8 of these 1 season wonders.

lets just see where we are in July 2024. Stable or squad rebuilding AGAIN
  • Redhenry said:
    He hasn't, where are you getting this from?
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    He hasn't, where are you getting this from?
    Ive just retracted on a post above.  

So whilst you’re here is signing him on one year better than not at all?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    Sorry are we still talking about Hector?

If so what injuries has he had? 
    He’s had three seasons stop start with minutes no?  If it’s not down to injuries then I stand corrected 👍🏻 
    Nope he just happened to be 3rd choice and neither of the the first two never got injured.

One person said he was injury prone when we first signed him, which was wrong, and it seems to have been repeated ever since.
  • Redhenry said:
    Yeah, we only had that JRS bloke for a year, what a waste that was!
    Well where are we now? It was successful loan spell for himself and his parent club, but the reality is we gave a Palace player a platform to increase his value and his goals didn't promote us. 

No point arguing if we would have been relegated without him as we will never know, but JRS being here didn't progress us as a club. 

Only positive maybe that Premier league clubs may look at the success loan players have here (typically) and keep using us to elevate their players. 

You have to see the point that loan players and one year contract extensions aren't a massive positive unless they are used to bolster an already strong squad and give us a bit of momentum on a promotion charge. Our best attacker/player last season had no longevity with this club and our best defender doesn't want to commit his long term future to the club, not the best situation 
  • Maybe Hector was given a one year contract so as not to block the path of our younger players 
  • Maybe Hector was given a one year contract so as not to block the path of our younger players 
    Or that’s all he wanted 
  • I just think Hector considers himself better than mid-table League One, and he's likely correct. Fact is given his age and lack of game time prior to joining us with the time out, he is where he is. I'm happy with a year contract, it's a year longer than Ness and Elerewe have a great role model to play alongside as well as his expertise in defence helping us out this year. 

Our season hinges on a knife-edge, it all depends on whether you have faith that the rumours regarding SE7P Ltd looking to spend money on 5-6 talented signings have any legs. If they do then we should be in or around playoffs when you add those signings to Isted, Hector, Dobson, Leaburn, Fraser etc, if they don't and we continue our previous transfer targets of the last few years then we won't and it'll be another torrid time. 

Let's get this takeover done and we'll see where we are at the end of the window.
    will be sold in january if we are not in top 6
  • Plymouth's Conor Grant has signed for Port Vale.

He has been mentioned a few times in the past.