Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Pigott would be an awful signing, even if he was 5th choice!!

he has scored 6 goals in his last two seasons at league 1 level. The hated mr Bonne has score 14 league goals in the same time. 

Is Bonne good enough to be back up?
    No No and No regarding Bonne. 
    Agreed. But Pigott gets mentioned every window and is a poor version of Bonne who is himself, very poor
  • I get the whole "can't play X up top on their own" bla bla bla nonsense, but you absolutely can, assuming you have an idea of how to play X up top.on their own. We can have Leaburn, May and Ladapo as 3 the  main forwards and get the best out of all them.

Luckily, for us, we don't have a clear way of playing nor much of a first team to worry about "changing styles"!

I also get that point but want you can't do is set up a team based on the strengths of X and then swap him out for a totally different type of player and change nothing else.

You have to have a method, or preferably methods, of scoring goals, creating chances, getting the ball up the pitch etc etc
  • edited July 2023
    Dillon Phillips has signed for Rotherham.
  • edited July 2023

• There really is a MELTDOWN happening here, we are a month away from the first game, anyone would think it is next week, just chill, have a 🍻🍻 or two,...all will be good, trust me, I know fu*k all, and that's enough for me...🙄
    I suggest you read previous summer transfer threads where a few of us had the same concerns & were constantly told to be patient, its early July, we have until Sept 1st yadda yadda yadda.

And sadly we were proved right. 

Went into last season with no left footed left back & very light up front. Nothings changed upfront & we are lacking even more players.

But everything will be fine I'm told. 

Confused me there Golfie, criticizing whist agreeing...i think...🤷‍♂️
  • Scoham said:
    Could it be possible that we can fund the May transfer without TS having to dip into his own pocket? Through Wollacott money, season ticket money or any other players we sell, the reported 250-300k fee should be affordable before the takeover from money that’s in the club already 
  • NabySarr said:
    Scoham said:
    Could it be possible that we can fund the May transfer without TS having to dip into his own pocket? Through Wollacott money, season ticket money or any other players we sell, the reported 250-300k fee should be affordable before the takeover from money that’s in the club already 
    Potentially but it will be in budgets/spending plans/cash flows etc that would have been submitted to the EFL for the S&S tests.

We have no idea, nor probably should we, of what "extra money" is avaliable, if any.
  • Fumbluff said:
    Are we still pinning all our hopes and dreams for the next season on an old boy from the mighty Cheltenham Town…?
    Just checking how far we’ve fallen….
    Keep looking down, there's a long way to go yet...
  • Sponsored links:

• Piggot'l be the new Bonne I reckon...
  • edited July 2023
    Pigott would be an awful signing, even if he was 5th choice!!

he has scored 6 goals in his last two seasons at league 1 level.
    Scored a great goal against us, of course. 😩
  • edited July 2023
    The race in on to see who can get Pigott  as their 4th choice striker.
  • I think we're going to lose Miles for a game or two quite often as the oppo has found out that the only way to stop him is to kick him off the pitch. It happened last season and here we are already. Obviously this means we'll be without both Chucks and Miles often during the season, so we're back to the question, "where are the goals going to come from?".
  • Update on the super new-era CAFC summer transfer window 2023 to date:::

Pages of transfer thread  153
    Transfers of new players  1

Ratio of pages per new signing 153-1.
    Only 1,683 total pages of thread required for new team at current ratio.
    We can do it. 
    We have made 2 signings though... Sorry to piss on your chips mate...
    Four, technically, given that Thomas and Hector were out of contract when they signed up. But that's probably me being pedantic.
  • Maybe Holden has another player in mind and is not that keen on May?
  • NabySarr said:
    Scoham said:
    I think the Woolacott money was spent on bringing Isted in. A greater signing on fee & something for his agent. That's how I read it when we were told we beat Barnsley to his signature. 

And season ticket money is what is keeping the club going over the summer months.
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    Update on the super new-era CAFC summer transfer window 2023 to date:::

We can do it. 
    Four, technically, given that Thomas and Hector were out of contract when they signed up. But that's probably me being pedantic.
    Well, to be even more pedantic their contracts would have been due to expire on 30th June, so as they signed before then they never stopped being our players, so they were just contract renewals
  • fenn3098 said:
    Maybe Holden has another player in mind and is not that keen on May?
    I think we are still in for other striker targets but May has always been on the radar for us and will I think join before the players fly off on Sunday. 
  • Update on the super new-era CAFC summer transfer window 2023 to date:::

We can do it. 
    Please don't apologise for urinating on my food. My fault entirely.  Most embarrassing. I must have dozed off in all the excitement. I completely forgot about the high profile goalie who replaced that bloke from Swindon who broke his finger. 

That does make the ratio is a much healthier 76.5 -1.

And only 841 pages of posts for that new team.

• .ShootersHillGuru said:
    We lost an international goalkeeper for a bloke that's played more games for non-league clubs than professional football. 

Lost Innis and replaced him with a player that is on paper and until proven otherwise no better than Innis 

Kept a player we had last season and another that none of us were particularly keen on other than squad strength.

Completely stagnant window so far
    Heaven knows I’m miserable now 
    Morrissey GIFs  Tenor
  • .ShootersHillGuru said:
    We lost an international goalkeeper for a bloke that's played more games for non-league clubs than professional football. 

Lost Innis and replaced him with a player that is on paper and until proven otherwise no better than Innis 

Kept a player we had last season and another that none of us were particularly keen on other than squad strength.

Morrissey GIFs  Tenor
    Knowing our luck, he's our new midfield enforcer!
  • We lost an international goalkeeper for a bloke that's played more games for non-league clubs than professional football. 

I am actually in a stellar mood, only a few nights ago I saw one of my favourite bands in the flesh and my lower back doesn't hurt today. I'm just giving an honest breakdown of the window. Signings don't count if they are just making up the numbers we had in the first place unless they are of course significantly better players. 

I'll perk up if we replace players like JRS and sign genuine competition/upgrades on our current squad.
  • We lost an international goalkeeper for a bloke that's played more games for non-league clubs than professional football. 

This 'international goalkeeper' you mention.....

Non league - 31 appearances
    Norwegian 4th division - 13 appearances
    League Two - 47 appearances
    League One - 18 appearances

The goalkeeper we've signed has made 19 appearances in League One and 3 in the Championship.