Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:

Having a bad day Rich?!
    There's not much of a better answer is there?  He's said as plainly as possible in the second message, people push back you leave them to it.
  • Options
    Personally I think our bid has been accepted. But the club aren't telling Dubai, Reams, Cawley, yet because it may encourage other clubs to come in and match the bid.

Apparently Nombe was at Exeter training today, so furthest we could be is at accepted bud stage. An Exeter fan reckons he's clearing out his stuff from the training ground, but probably on the wind up as how would he know, and would he do that before signing with us - unlikely.
  • Options

• Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Cawley Vs @Addick_8
    haha I am standing by the fact we have had a bid accepted.
    Huge pressure on here but I am sticking with it. 
    Can you tell us broadly speaking why you think this? 
  • Options
    Someone rattled Cawleys cage lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If we do get Nombe in and possibly another striker on loan, I wonder if we'll actually start to see a bit more of Chuks with the pressure on him to play reduced. It's not for anyone to diagnose strangers but Chuks has been injured so many times and has probably had so much physical pain that mentally he must be far more attuned to any tweaks he feels in his body. If we have a very competitive front two where May, Leaburn, Nombe and another are competing to get into the line-up I wonder if the mental burden will ease on Chuks a bit and he can get onto the bench a bit more, feel less like he's got to get out there and be an option to be thrown on at the end of games. The Chuks we know is probably the best player to bring on in the league and counter-intuitively we might actually see him more when we need him less and reap the benefits.
    I do wonder if we will try something completely different with Chuks now.  No point trying to get him 90 minutes fit, because it's not going to happen.

Can you get someone 20 minutes fit?
    If the most that a professional athlete can manage is a 20 minute spell one or twice a week, then his contract should be terminated with immediate effect.

Clearly he is not able to perform his duties as a professional footballer, and he should be medically retired, or his contract terminated.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Cawley Vs @Addick_8
    haha I am standing by the fact we have had a bid accepted.
    Huge pressure on here but I am sticking with it. 
    Can you tell us broadly speaking why you think this? 
    He is Sam Nombe ;)
  • Options
    Honestly this big rush and desperation to be the "first" to know about everything and first one to "announce" stuff is just a bit sad. It'll happen if it happens, otherwise it won't. 

What exactly does anyone gain from knowing 48 hours before hand if someone has signed anyway?
    Tomorrows fish and chip wrappings 
  • Options
    Sounds like Exeter are trying to generate a bit of gossip and winkle out any other clubs who may be interested in their player. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Having a bad day Rich?!
    I think I'd be a bit pissed off if (as a respected journo) people were believing keyboard warriors with no history to the club than me. 
    Yeah but it was hardly a rude tweet, journos should be questioned otherwise where's the integrity? Rich does seem to get a bit precious about things if he is ever questioned, I should know he blocked me after asking him a question on Twitter before.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    if we sign Nombe how will we announce it?

with a backdrop of The Cranberries signing Zombie?  or will it be something along the lines of a "Nom nom nom" meme
    Nombeee rather than Nomb. :D
  • Options
    Surely if itk on our side and on exeters side are saying a bd has been accepted it should be true.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Having a bad day Rich?!
    There's not much of a better answer is there?  He's said as plainly as possible in the second message, people push back you leave them to it.
    Chill. Im messing about, must be a pain at times.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Having a bad day Rich?!
    I think I'd be a bit pissed off if (as a respected journo) people were believing keyboard warriors with no history to the club than me. 
    Chill. Just messing. Imagine it is a ball ache at times.
  • Options
    Personally I think our bid has been accepted. But the club aren't telling Dubai, Reams, Cawley, yet because it may encourage other clubs to come in and match the bid.

Apparently Nombe was at Exeter training today, so furthest we could be is at accepted bud stage. An Exeter fan reckons he's clearing out his stuff from the training ground, but probably on the wind up as how would he know, and would he do that before signing with us - unlikely.
    I'm guessing it's something of this sort - we've sounded them out, we now know the figure they're asking and agreed in principle but not actually made a formal bid as we're looking at clearing a few wages out first - basically saying "yes we'll pay.... but not yet."

So we've got contact, the interest is very much real but we are some distance off actually closing the deal - hence Cawley insisting that nothings done yet. 
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Honestly this big rush and desperation to be the "first" to know about everything and first one to "announce" stuff is just a bit sad. It'll happen if it happens, otherwise it won't. 

What exactly does anyone gain from knowing 48 hours before hand if someone has signed anyway?
    So why open and read a "Summer transfer rumours" thread? You might as well just follow the club's official website instead of moaning.
    Not moaning though was I? I'm saying grown men arguing about who is more "itk" is a bit sad.
  • Options
    DH said deals would be announced through the proper channels .. if they don’t tell their own TV station ( Terry transfer) there not going to tell the local press first 
    Apart from the fact that Cawley has broke every single transfer of our window so far ~48 hour before they happen, you mean?
    He didn’t with Taylor in fairness, was pretty late on that. I suspect the deal ended up happening pretty quickly, but he only really confirmed in when it was widely reported elsewhere.