Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Options
    Not one for us... But Stanley Mills has joined Oxford on loan from Everton - Thats Danny's Son
     I thought he was a professional athlete?
    Thats his Brother... George Mills
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Surely there's no way a league one club who are allegedly struggling financially are going to get 1m for a player who has a year left on his contract and has possibly already told the club he wants to go.
    There’s still a month plus left of the window. They will have a decision to make by late August.

Either the money they got from other outgoings is enough, or they compromise and we get a deal done.

That’s the way I see it. Could be a deadline day situation…
    Quite possibly but it’s risky for us. We definitely need a striker and if it fails on deadline day it could leave us with just May and Miles. I think we’re already investigating alternatives to be honest.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    No signings for a day!!!!

Crank up the takeover thread.
    No signings I'm today
    I wonder if he ever reads these lmao
  • Options
    If we really are in for him then I’m sure we will get him.Player power tends to kick in these situations and if he wants to go that may well force Exeter’s hand- I hope so
    COYR
  • Options
    Right. Nothing to see here. Suspect Dean Holden was bang on by saying we’ll see some outs before we see more in’s. I suspect we’re in for a week or more of not much happening.,
  • Options
    Sorry if this has already been posted, but sounds like a deal is not imminent for Nombe. Obviously could still happen and would be a great signing. 

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-did-make-approach-for-exeter-city-striker-sam-nombe/
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:
    SDAddick said:
    Sorry if this has already been posted, but sounds like a deal is not imminent for Nombe. Obviously could still happen and would be a great signing. 

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-did-make-approach-for-exeter-city-striker-sam-nombe/
    Hearing we after Alfie May as well!
    Actually, given the 8 hour time difference, I posted this just in time thank you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never heard of Terry Taylor until an hour ago. Now I'm convinced he is the new Josh Cullen 
    Much taller.

Also, I thought that about Gavin Killkenny. 
  • Options
    That was a rollercoaster of 7 pages, having not checked all day.

Nombe…maybe, yes, yeS, yES, YESSSSS

….no 
  • Options
    Maybe another club has contacted Exeter with a counter offer?
  • Options
    https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/transfer-news/exeter-city-no-plans-sell-8634319

Despite being strongly linked with a move away from St James Park, it is believed that Exeter City have no immediate plans to sell striker Sam Nombe. The former MK Dons man is said to be courting interest from League One rivals Charlton Athletic, who have been put off by City’s £1 million valuation of their star striker.

The Addicks have already signed Cheltenham’s Alfie May this summer and want to pair him with Nombe. But the Grecians have rejected their £500,000 offer and are desperately hoping to keep hold of the popular frontman, especially as his former club would be entitled to a significant 35% sell-on fee themselves.

• Options
    Must admire Exeter, beautifully played. If our new lot show half the shit housery, then we will be light years ahead of the Banjobollox and Son era of "bring me your sick and injured".
  • Options
    Are we really being tight arses over 500k? This club at times, unbelievable.

I'll pay the extra 500k then 
    They want 1.2 mill 
  • Options
    Are we really being tight arses over 500k? This club at times, unbelievable.

I'll pay the extra 500k then 
    They want 1.2 mill 
    They won't get it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Would rather see Collins from Bristol Rovers but still think we will see the Exeter boy in a Charlton shirt sooner rather then later .. 
  • Options
    When Scott was in charge of transfers in January, he moved a good few players out, loans and transfers, we need him to do the same now for players we do not need at the moment or at all
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Would rather see Collins from Bristol Rovers but still think we will see the Exeter boy in a Charlton shirt sooner rather then later .. bid still on the table
    You'd think if we were buying the whole city of Exeter, they'd throw the table in for free? Or are we buying it unfurnished?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    If this was the Charlton of (literally) pre-yesterday then I would accept there was a measure of  leap of faith by a player who signed (& fair play to those that did), but this is now the Charlton of post-yesterday and the quality of the signings so far look like they have made us a serious contender for promotion. That doesn’t mean that everyone will automatically choose Charlton to join but staying put or going somewhere else if Deano wants them might not necessarily look too clever as the window closes and the season is underway. In the case of Exeter as a club, only they will know whether they need to sell or not but I suspect if Nombe is good, he will want to be paid more and have some success along the way and then he is almost certainly going to be moving on at the end of his contract and his resale value will be falling as each day goes by once this window has closed. Charlton’s (reported?) bid of £500k could look pretty good in retrospect. Playing chicken is a two way street.
  • Options
    Yeah I don’t think we should shift much higher than £500k. Seems like a balanced bid - you would think 700k would be top end in the circumstances, 300k would be bottom end 
  • Options
    This could rebound big time on Exeter, just tough that they have to pay MkDons 35% sell on, that's their problem, and supposedly expecting £1.2 Mill or whatever, is just silly business, when he could just sit tight and leave for naff all next year...
    Unsure of the true value of our offer for Nombe, but could very easily see them saying take it or leave it, and move onto their next target if not resolved very soon..
  • Options
    Don’t Exeter have to pay 35% to his previous club. That’s a fair old whack. Can see why at this point they’re sitting tight.