Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Are we really being tight arses over 500k? This club at times, unbelievable.

I'll pay the extra 500k then 
    info@cafc.co.uk,..sure they'd be glad to hear from you..👍
    I don't need to email them mate, who do you think bought us lads Alfie May? 

In regards to Nombe, I wouldn't get your hopes down just yet, no smoke without fire here and it's not like they're not willing to sell, just gonna take some patience I imagine. A club like Exeter (no disrespect to them) can't afford to let fees like half a mill disappear, I don't think they will get the 7 figures they want but I can see them selling him this window. More a hunch than anything 

Either way the huge positive from this is that we are targeting proper players in the league and not league 2 players like last window and we can afford some sort of fee to get them. 

• Laddick01 said:
    FSLN1 said:
    This is just a rumour, but I've heard from very good sources that we've bought Exeter. 

That's the whole city, not just the football club. 
    @RonnieMoore

Have you heard anything on this?
    Patience. Ronnie is just checking the Plymouth Evening Herald.

• FSLN1 said:
    This is just a rumour, but I've heard from very good sources that we've bought Exeter. 

I heard this to and apparently we have lent it to Swindon…..
  • FSLN1 said:

Guessing we got some left over change from the deal? :)
  • We're being linked with a defender who's just left Halifax, apparently he's turned Barnsley down....Jesse Debrah (what a name) originally from Croydon.

Also linked with Lincoln and Walsall..

On a side note, Barnsley fans don't seem too optimistic about their season scrolling through twitter. Seems like their recruitment hasn't been up too much 
    Rumour he failed a medical at Barnsley.
  • Sponsored links:

• FSLN1 said:

Confirmed.

Better check with Rich first eh...🤔
  • Surely there's no way a league one club who are allegedly struggling financially are going to get 1m for a player who has a year left on his contract and has possibly already told the club he wants to go.
  • edited July 2023
    Chill everyone...they are playing hard to get, he will be in the camp before Orient...not ITK by the way...😉
  • Surely there's no way a league one club who are allegedly struggling financially are going to get 1m for a player who has a year left on his contract and has possibly already told the club he wants to go.
    There’s still a month plus left of the window. They will have a decision to make by late August.

Either the money they got from other outgoings is enough, or they compromise and we get a deal done.

That’s the way I see it. Could be a deadline day situation…
  • mendonca said:
    MrBurns said:
    I'm confident it's correct we've had a bid accepted 
    I doubt it. Probably noises from Exeter to make the market aware that he is available for approx £1m, if that is what they want. Making a deal come across as if it is more advanced provides this publicity. 
    Quoting myself here as I really don't think this is anything but Exeter making their demands clear to the market.
    There’s still a month plus left of the window. They will have a decision to make by late August.

Either the money they got from other outgoings is enough, or they compromise and we get a deal done.

No, no not on deadline day, that’s like feeding a pig cherries to Golfie who whose keeping a reasonably lower profile on the striker situation at the moment. 😉
  • FSLN1 said:

Confirmed.
    Boom!!

Lets get this done!
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:
    Surely there's no way a league one club who are allegedly struggling financially are going to get 1m for a player who has a year left on his contract and has possibly already told the club he wants to go.

No, no not on deadline day, that’s like feeding a pig cherries to Golfie who whose keeping a reasonably lower profile on the striker situation at the moment. 😉

Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I wonder if it's TRUE he didnt play in their PSF but with the youth/U1's against WSM instead. 

Playing the long game if it isn't. 
    Just checked their Pre Season fixtures.

They had a behind closed doors "match" against Bristol City at 1pm on Tuesday THEN travelled to Western Super Mare for a game at 7.45pm. In which Nombe scored. 

So he wasn't dropped or sent to play with the kids. 
    I didn't say he was, but the match report on there website says it was mainly an academy team with MOST of the first team playing Bristol City.
    Ok, fair enough. 

• New tagline for the forum…
    I think CL is more aligned to another offshore sports forum I frequent that has the tagline;

“Awful analysis, incorrect conclusions, zero insight

Wrong about pretty much everything”

• Not one for us... But Stanley Mills has joined Oxford on loan from Everton - Thats Danny's Son
  • Not one for us... But Stanley Mills has joined Oxford on loan from Everton - Thats Danny's Son
     I thought he was a professional athlete?
  • https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/transfer-news/exeter-city-no-plans-sell-8634319

No quotes but worth posting nonetheless. They estimate Exeter have raised £2.5m this summer between Ampadu, Key and Collins transfers.
  • 30th August at 9pm…

@CAFCOfficial on Twitter: Nice to see you Sam Nombe! Striker pens a 3 year deal at the Valley #cafc
    I was actually thinking this, their twitter admin has set them up for a serious potential egg on face moment. 

'Time to tame the terriers' comes to mind 🤮
     I thought he was a professional athlete?

That's his brother, George. He runs middle distance stuff.