Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    Don't see anyone else on the League 1 list or the League 2 list - the only name that cropped up to me the other week was Luke Armstrong who got 16 for Harrogate last season 
    Luke Armstrong is a player who could be the target man we may need for May. Very physical striker who I believe was one of the best aerial dual winners last season (think Stockley 21' season as a comparison). 

Only issue is he has a contact for another 2 years, hasn't really played above league 2 level, isn't exactly prolific and would command a fee. With him being league 2 and only managing 16 goals with 40+ games it's not great. Certainly one if I was a manager I'd have a look at though to see if he could work in a system.

Macaulay Langstaff from League 2 is probably the most promising of the bunch, I don't see Notts County playing ball though..
  • Oggy Red said:
    In time honoured fashion, their manager telling fans what they want to hear.

Exeter will of course need a replacement signed or ready to sign before they will let Nombe leave.
    Only common sense - they won't sell if it leaves them without a main striker for the opening game of the season next week.

That’s deffo signing tomorrow 
  • bobmunro said:
    Are we really being tight arses over 500k? This club at times, unbelievable.

I'll pay the extra 500k then 
    They want 1.2 mill 
    They won't get it.

A bit like @RonnieMoore
  • edited July 2023
    Oggy Red said:

Exeter will of course need a replacement signed or ready to sign before they will let Nombe leave.
    Only common sense - they won't sell if it leaves them without a main striker for the opening game of the season next week.

🤔
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Don't see anyone else on the League 1 list or the League 2 list - the only name that cropped up to me the other week was Luke Armstrong who got 16 for Harrogate last season 
    Luke Armstrong is a player who could be the target man we may need for May. Very physical striker who I believe was one of the best aerial dual winners last season (think Stockley 21' season as a comparison). 

Only issue is he has a contact for another 2 years, hasn't really played above league 2 level, isn't exactly prolific and would command a fee. With him being league 2 and only managing 16 goals with 40+ games it's not great. Certainly one if I was a manager I'd have a look at though to see if he could work in a system.

Macaulay Langstaff from League 2 is probably the most promising of the bunch, I don't see Notts County playing ball though..

Langstaff is definitely the most promising but I can see Notts County dismissing any enquiry that wasn't multi millions. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Langstaff is definitely the most promising but I can see Notts County dismissing any enquiry that wasn't multi millions. 
    Jamie Vardy went from Conference to Championship for £1m ages ago now.

Longstaff will be twice that at the very least - Its no doubt why he's still @ Notts County
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Longstaff will be twice that at the very least - Its no doubt why he's still @ Notts County

I was thinking at least £2m and that's before we see what he can do in League 2 , that price will only go up if he hits the ground running this season. 
  • Scoham said:
    Are there any other L1 strikers we could be looking at?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/top-scorers

I think most on the top scorers list can be ruled out as they play for the bigger clubs in the league or are now in the Championship.

Collins at Bristol Rovers has an even bigger asking price than Nombe.

We missed out on Smith and have signed May.

I doubt Brown at also Exeter would pass Holden’s test.

Who in L2 is young enough to make the step up?

Championship players such as Ladapo are also another option if they become available.

Not too many realistic options out there in England, perhaps we’ll look abroad or a prem loan / under 21.

Personally if we’re priced out of Nombe who I like I’d ask about Humphrys. 

Humphrys = Wigan
    Langstaff = Notts County
    Watters = Barnsley
    Wickham= Free
    Afobe= Free
    Joao= Free
    Deeney = Free
    Lyle Taylor (ducks for cover) Free
    Chris Martin = Free

If we can't get Nombe then thats who I'd go for. 
    Wouldn’t come cheap though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Speaking to a mate who supports Exeter, says Nombe is amongst the best in the league for his money and he's gutted he's potentially off. I said about how Cawley had downplayed it but he said there's a lot of noise their end about it being done or close to. Not ITK at all but take that for what it's worth 
    Amazing how there is a Charlton fan that  has a mate supporting a club where we have interest in a Player. 

• Based on what Cawley has said it sounds like our initial and only enquiry/offer for Nombe was some time ago. Probably around the time when we signed May.

I think Nombe and May are quite similar so I’m not convinced we are back in for Nombe now we have May on board.

If you listen to Holden’s interview after the Millwall game he talks about us ‘missing a focal point up front’. That would suggest Dean is more after a Ladapo type than someone like Nombe.
    We don’t know who we can get from some of the prem academy’s?
  • My Exeter season ticket holder 'friend' has read some forums and heard that Nombe is off to Charlton! 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

The price they'd want plus the fact it's a gamble as he's 26 and has never played league football is definitely what is putting teams off.

If he has a good season this year then i've no doubt he'll get a championship move next summer.
  • Wonder if it's time to start looking at who could be available from championship clubs as they're surplus to requirements? It's a shame Tyreece Simpson went to Northampton on loan earlier in the week. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Oggy Red said:

But you have told us it was off, it was a done deal, we are talking to Exeter, the agent told the player we were interested about 3 weeks after you told us we were.  I take it his agent doesn't read your posts?

Throw enough shit at the wall and some of it will stick.  At least one of them is right.

Admire your stamina.
    Think I reported what was being said on other sites ..the deal is not off. 
  • Sponsored links:

• The only reason why the Exeter Fan Page (the first place that broke the news about Nombe) said he was joining us because he got his haircut in South London yesterday. Seems that others jumped on the bandwagon after that. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Oggy Red said:

But you have told us it was off, it was a done deal, we are talking to Exeter, the agent told the player we were interested about 3 weeks after you told us we were.  I take it his agent doesn't read your posts?

Throw enough shit at the wall and some of it will stick.  At least one of them is right.

Admire your stamina.
    Think I reported what was being said on other sites ..the deal is not 

the Exeter fans tonight still expect him to join us 
  • The only reason why the Exeter Fan Page (the first place that broke the news about Nombe) said he was joining us because he got his haircut in South London yesterday. Seems that others jumped on the bandwagon after that. 
    I had my haircut today, and there's been no transfer gossip about me at all 
    There has, you've been let go on a free to ITTV.
  • edited July 2023
    The only reason why the Exeter Fan Page (the first place that broke the news about Nombe) said he was joining us because he got his haircut in South London yesterday. Seems that others jumped on the bandwagon after that. 
    I had my haircut today, and there's been no transfer gossip about me at all 

i heard it was a six figure offer... 

barbie, ken, action man,  optimus prime, Donatello and a vintage big boss man
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Oggy Red said:

Admire your stamina.
    Think I reported what was being said on other sites ..the deal is not 

the Exeter fans tonight still expect him to join us 
    Talking to yourself now and managing to misquote yourself.