Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Uboat said:
    Once again Reams makes himself look like a tit. 
    His acolytes will continue to tell us that he’s never been wrong though. 
    Harsh. Everyone gets it wrong sometimes, our people in the know have got it wrong plenty of times too. He’s got plenty right over the last couple of months 
    How dare you.  He has never been been wrong and his groupies will come after you. 
  • Don’t Exeter have to pay 35% to his previous club. That’s a fair old whack. Can see why at this point they’re sitting tight.
    Ah but 35% of naff all is....
  • Are there any other L1 strikers we could be looking at?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/top-scorers

I think most on the top scorers list can be ruled out as they play for the bigger clubs in the league or are now in the Championship.

Collins at Bristol Rovers has an even bigger asking price than Nombe.

We missed out on Smith and have signed May.

I doubt Brown at also Exeter would pass Holden’s test.

Who in L2 is young enough to make the step up?

Championship players such as Ladapo are also another option if they become available.
  • Scoham said:
    Are there any other L1 strikers we could be looking at?

I think most on the top scorers list can be ruled out as they play for the bigger clubs in the league or are now in the Championship.

Championship players such as Ladapo are also another option if they become available.
    He’s at Bristol Rovers now.
  • Ben House is a good player but doubt Lincoln would sell to a rival
  • Don't see anyone else on the League 1 list or the League 2 list - the only name that cropped up to me the other week was Luke Armstrong who got 16 for Harrogate last season 
  • Scoham said:

I guess the point is that beyond the obvious top scorers in L1 list (not a dig at you linking it by the way), few of us would have any idea, but hopefully Andy Scott and the scouts may have.

Might be some 20 year old that Fulham or West Ham or whoever just let go who'll be great in L1.
  • edited July 2023
    Scoham said:

Not too many realistic options out there in England, perhaps we’ll look abroad or a prem loan / under 21.

Personally if we’re priced out of Nombe who I like I’d ask about Humphrys. 

Humphrys = Wigan
    Langstaff = Notts County
    Watters = Barnsley
    Wickham= Free
    Afobe= Free
    Joao= Free
    Deeney = Free
    Lyle Taylor (ducks for cover) Free
    Chris Martin = Free

• Sponsored links:

• Don’t Exeter have to pay 35% to his previous club. That’s a fair old whack. Can see why at this point they’re sitting tight.
    Couldn't we sign him on a season long loan for a £500k fee, with an agreement he signs with us next summer on a free?. That way we get our player at a reasonable price, Exeter get to keep all money and MK get sod all. 
    How does that benefit Exeter who want, let's say 700k for him now? 
    How do you put an agreement in place for a player under contract with another club? He could see a better offer and opt for that. I think the legal side makes this idea a bit of a no-go.
  • This could rebound big time on Exeter, just tough that they have to pay MkDons 35% sell on, that's their problem, and supposedly expecting £1.2 Mill or whatever, is just silly business, when he could just sit tight and leave for naff all next year...
    Unsure of the true value of our offer for Nombe, but could very easily see them saying take it or leave it, and move onto their next target if not resolved very soon..
    Just trying to reconcile conflicting messages from Cawley and Exeter sources.

Pure speculation, but we have made an offer and Nombe would already have been tapped up. If he has indicated to Holden he is keen to join us on terms offered and no one else, then the message the club have fed Cawley is just common sense.  We have not said we are no longer interested or don't expect to agree a deal.

The noise from Exeter fans must have come from some source, and it could be Exeter are resigned to letting him go for the fee offered if Nombe has said he will not agree terms with anyone else. Exeter would still wait until the end of the window before accepting offer, just in case.

• mendonca said:
    Don’t Exeter have to pay 35% to his previous club. That’s a fair old whack. Can see why at this point they’re sitting tight.
    Couldn't we sign him on a season long loan for a £500k fee, with an agreement he signs with us next summer on a free?. That way we get our player at a reasonable price, Exeter get to keep all money and MK get sod all. 
    How does that benefit Exeter who want, let's say 700k for him now? 
    How do you put an agreement in place for a player under contract with another club? He could see a better offer and opt for that. I think the legal side makes this idea a bit of a no-go.

Maybe that's around what Exeter may eventually settle for, just a bit more than £750k  ....... as long as they get 500k clear for themselves + we pay MKD the rest?

• Scoham said:

Not too many realistic options out there in England, perhaps we’ll look abroad or a prem loan / under 21.

Personally if we’re priced out of Nombe who I like I’d ask about Humphrys. 

Humphrys = Wigan
    Langstaff = Notts County
    Watters = Barnsley
    Wickham= Free
    Afobe= Free
    Joao= Free
    Deeney = Free
    Lyle Taylor (ducks for cover) Free
    Chris Martin = Free

Connor Wickham on a short term or 1 year deal would be interesting - did very well for FGR, scoring 6 in 16 but not so at Cardiff. Would certainly fill the target man role and compliment May nicely. 
  • You’d think Sonny Perkins would be helped by a season long loan in league 1 this year. Huge hype around the kid but didn’t get a look in at Leeds last season and can’t see them starting him in the Championship. 

From London so a move here wouldn’t unnerve him. Only question is whether you want another young kid to rely on. I’ve never seen him play but the hype around him suggests there’s a lot of talent to work with. 
  • Ben House is a good player but doubt Lincoln would sell to a rival
    He would link up well with Hector. Then we should get in Gaby Kiki from Sheriff Tiraspol.
  • Sponsored links:

• There’s no truth, until the Exeter owner thinks he has an offer acceptable 
  • mendonca said:
    Exeter Manager and Richard Cawley have no clue of what's going on.
    Tell us what's the truth then.
  • It’s refreshing to see Charlton being linked with players who will cost a few bob.

It's been a good few years with so much optimism going into the new season .
    Was our last 'big money' signing Ajose?
  • edited July 2023
    It’s refreshing to see Charlton being linked with players who will cost a few bob.

It’s been a good few years with so much optimism going into the new season .
    Tbf we spent nearly £2m combined on Lavelle, Kirk, Stockley and Jaiyesimi. It’s refreshing to see us being linked with good players 
  • Dack signs for Sunderland
  • Scoham said:

Exeter sold Jevani Brown to Bristol Rovers early in the window, Joey Barton’s test unsurprising less scrupulous than Dean Holdens!
  • mendonca said:
    Exeter Manager and Richard Cawley have no clue of what's going on.
    Hopefully Nombe has, because what happens if we sign him but he carries on playing for Exeter?  TBH it might have already happened.
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Dack signs for Sunderland
    But the stag do promised us a dance.