Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• thenewbie said:
    Personally I think our bid has been accepted. But the club aren't telling Dubai, Reams, Cawley, yet because it may encourage other clubs to come in and match the bid.

Apparently Nombe was at Exeter training today, so furthest we could be is at accepted bud stage. An Exeter fan reckons he's clearing out his stuff from the training ground, but probably on the wind up as how would he know, and would he do that before signing with us - unlikely.
    I'm guessing it's something of this sort - we've sounded them out, we now know the figure they're asking and agreed in principle but not actually made a formal bid as we're looking at clearing a few wages out first - basically saying "yes we'll pay.... but not yet."

So we've got contact, the interest is very much real but we are some distance off actually closing the deal - hence Cawley insisting that nothings done yet. 
    Cawley’s said we’ve not gone back in, the complete opposite of having a bid accepted. He’s not said we’re negotiating or trying to, his article suggests nothing is happening.
  • Scoham said:
    thenewbie said:
    Personally I think our bid has been accepted. But the club aren't telling Dubai, Reams, Cawley, yet because it may encourage other clubs to come in and match the bid.

Apparently Nombe was at Exeter training today, so furthest we could be is at accepted bud stage. An Exeter fan reckons he's clearing out his stuff from the training ground, but probably on the wind up as how would he know, and would he do that before signing with us - unlikely.
    I'm guessing it's something of this sort - we've sounded them out, we now know the figure they're asking and agreed in principle but not actually made a formal bid as we're looking at clearing a few wages out first - basically saying "yes we'll pay.... but not yet."

So we've got contact, the interest is very much real but we are some distance off actually closing the deal - hence Cawley insisting that nothings done yet. 
    Cawley’s said we’ve not gone back in, the complete opposite of having a bid accepted. He’s not said we’re negotiating or trying to, his article suggests nothing is happening.
    That's what I'm saying, we've been in touch, we know what they want and RIGHT NOW we're not actually working on that deal. But the contact has been made.

From their side now they know of concrete interest they are pushing it out there to try and start a bidding war. If they know/believe a figure they want, now there's the chance to try and pressure someone (us or another) to get it done quickly and pay closer to their valuation than ours.

I'm backing Cawleys version but I think we will be signing Nombe before the end of the window, just not imminently.
  • I wonder if it's TRUE he didnt play in their PSF but with the youth/U1's against WSM instead. 
  • Sponsored links:

• It does make you wonder why people come across so confident in their sources when there is the potential for egg on face! 🍳 
  • I wonder if it's TRUE he didnt play in their PSF but with the youth/U1's against WSM instead. 

Playing the long game if it isn't. 
  • I've said it MANY times on here before, when Cawley doesn't deny it, that's the only time I'm actually starting to believe, and won't truly believe, until that time WIOTOS
  • edited July 2023
    I wonder if it's TRUE he didnt play in their PSF but with the youth/U1's against WSM instead. 
    Think its a bit unfair playing the Under 1s. I think i'd back even myself to get a couple
    Is that all!..🙄
  • I wonder what other strikers would be on the radar other than Nombe and JCH. I don't really know anyone outside of L1
  • Starting to get a bit weird to be honest. May? Nombe? Camara? Edun? It's like instead of the black box there's just an algorithm that spools through the players who have been mentioned most on here and puts in bids for them. We never get what we want, I'm starting to feel more uncomfortable than happy to be honest, reminds me of 2011/12 when people were going on about Wiggins and Green and then they actually turned up. I'm not equipped to have expectations anymore, I don't like it.
    Anyone else having the feeling they'll wake up in a minute ? 

ie A Bobby Ewing moment ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• follett said:
    Cawley definitively saying we haven't gone back in for him either ..
    STOP PRESS ! 

Richard Cawley has surprised the Addicks by moving to Exeter on an undisclosed fee.
    Maybe that's it, a straight swap...👍
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I wonder if it's TRUE he didnt play in their PSF but with the youth/U1's against WSM instead. 

Just checked their Pre Season fixtures.

They had a behind closed doors "match" against Bristol City at 1pm on Tuesday THEN travelled to Western Super Mare for a game at 7.45pm. In which Nombe scored. 

So he wasn't dropped or sent to play with the kids. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

They had a behind closed doors "match" against Bristol City at 1pm on Tuesday THEN travelled to Western Super Mare for a game at 7.45pm. In which Nombe scored. 

I didn't say he was, but the match report on there website says it was mainly an academy team with MOST of the first team playing Bristol City.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I didn't say he was, but the match report on there website says it was mainly an academy team with MOST of the first team playing Bristol City.
    Ok, fair enough.