Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• JCH is a class above Noumbe. People saying he’s a dick head but seems to have got his act together.
    It depends where JCH is on the dickheadometer, he sent some homophobic tweets back when he was 18, he paid the fine, apologised, went to an education class, appears to have behaved since.  Surely forgivable?  Or am I missing something.

• 24 hours is up. 

I would give a bit of latitude when it comes to signings. As long as its announced today then I'll take that as "within 24 hours". 
  • JCH is a class above Noumbe. People saying he’s a dick head but seems to have got his act together.
    It depends where JCH is on the dickheadometer, he sent some homophobic tweets back when he was 18, he paid the fine, apologised, went to an education class, appears to have behaved since.  Surely forgivable?  Or am I missing something.
    Yeah I agree. I’m sure we all did things when we were 18 that we wouldn’t do or say now.
  • Peterborough owner on a podcast said that the 3 teams that are in for JCH are all league 1 teams allegedly..

Who do we think then? My guesses are Bristol Rovers due to the sell on they have, Derby County as they need a striker and I'm not sure on the third. I would have said Oxford but they seem to be pushing for Marriott 

It's quite incredible that some of our fans wouldn't be happy with him. Swansea, Birmingham, Blackburn, Plymouth and a fair few other championship sides fans want him. 

Surprised Dmac has said it's only league 1 clubs in for him. Can't find the clip of him saying it mind, only read it on social media 

That geezer is full of s***, remember his dealings with peanut head?
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Holden has mentioned in his press conference that he's got a good relationship with Brentford and Thomas Frank. Wonder if there could be any potential loans from them? 

Romeo Beckham. Plays as a forward.

Also used to play for Inter.

(Inter Miami that is ;) )
  • JamesSeed said:
    shirty5 said:
    Today’s South London Press
    Thought DJ played quite well and tried hard in the U21 game v. Wigan. Clearly with scouts in mind. 
    I want to be clear; I'm not advocating for DJ to be given yet another chance... but... I thought he looked alright when he came on on Saturday when he played more centrally. It was when he got into the channel and delivered a couple of non-entity crosses that he looked his usually poor self. Plan A would be to sell him, but if no one else wants him we'd be silly not to continue to at least try and find a role in which he can contribute, otherwise it's just a total waste of wages. Perhaps he can be of some use to us in a squad role in a modified central midfield role. He might be a more natural swap for Camara (bit quicker, some ball carrying ability, maybe the odd goal in him) than someone like Taylor.
  • Sponsored links:

• all seems very quiet on the RB who played for the u21s against Wigan

any update anyone?
    There no rush to sign him he can sign outside the window .. expect he will join sooner rather then later perhaps they want to see another under 23 game 

In your pursuit of wumming and/or rose tinted goggles, you would suffer any old s***.  Your posts are a nonsense.
  • Miles returning is good news when good news is thin on the ground. 
  • edited August 2023
    Curbs would say that Leaburn will be like a new signing for us
  • I want to put on record that I have no views on Cosgrove.
  • returning to full training but he's missed all pre season so I don't expect to see him involved for another three/four weeks.
    He will have been doing a lot of fitness work the last couple of weeks that he’s been training away from the group. I’d expect to see him on the bench in the papa johns game next midweek if he doesn’t make the Fleetwood game. Just hope we sign a striker so we don’t have to rush him back too soon 
  • Breaking News! Bullshit spouter in spouting bullshit shocker! 

• Latest update is that he's had no updates. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    That Leaburn post, to a cynical weary fan, might look like the softening up for no striker signings next week news. 
    Or it’s just a random positive social media post about one individual player returning to training. 
    You decide. 
    Or helps to say we’re not desperate when trying to agree a deal for a new striker ? 
  • Wonder if Miles being 2-3 weeks off will adjust any potential targets? Will we try and " get by" with Chem Campbell playing central for a bit and add a PL kid instead of Cosgrove? 
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Josh Parker started the 2019 playoff final remember. Sam Cosgrove would be fine in the right team - if he occupies defenders so other players can thrive, that is one way to be more effective. It's a team sport
    Yeah. I was trying to make the Josh Parker comparison but couldn't remember his name!
  • DOUCHER said:
    Valley11 said:
    That Leaburn post, to a cynical weary fan, might look like the softening up for no striker signings next week news. 
    Or it’s just a random positive social media post about one individual player returning to training. 
    You decide. 
    Or helps to say we’re not desperate when trying to agree a deal for a new striker ? 
    Maybe, though that would suggest any deal isn’t close enough to be completed today.
  • No need for a new striker now ? 
  • If I were running a football club you'd have to pay me to take Kirk or DJ off your hands and I can't see why anyone else would think differently 
    But that's exactly what Curbs said the other week. We need to pay someone to take them! In the form of a wage subsidy, so probably only going to go on loan, whereby the loaning club pay a part of their salary and has a get out clause to get rid if needed. 
  • Talal said:
    I expect Kirk and DJ will get loans at the end of the window when clubs are desperate to get any old crap in. 
    Do you think that there's any likelihood of us having a break clause in the loans. How awful would things need to get to recall them?
  • redbuttle said:
    Redhenry said:
    thenewbie said:
    We don't need Cosgrove to score goals, we need him to win/hold up the ball so that May can score goals (and hopefully Leaburn too once fit). 

It wouldn't be super exciting as signings go but it makes sense to me.
    I don’t want a striker that doesn’t score goals thanks 🤣
     We've already got one that does though?

When have Charlton ever had two out and out goal scorers?
    Mendonca and Hunt 
     Hales and Flanagan. 
    Tees and Tracey
    You forgot H Power 

Hales and Horsefield.
    played about 70 games together scoring between them 57goals 73/74 &74/75.
    Yes I did forget that...