Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Retained List - Published

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Good luck to him but good that Morgan has moved on. Deeply frustrating player that didn’t do it anywhere near enough. 
    Hope he does well wherever he ends up of course. 
    Like Millwall in the Prem. Are you sure? 

(Did I say that? Wash your mouth out, Oggy! )

• Options
    Big clear out and honestly not too disapointed either way.

Innis, Bonne and Gilbey wasnt shocking tbh.

Clare and Morgan have been hot and cold this season but will miss Clares versatility as other C Lifers have pointed out.

Harness i thought would be in with a shout as assumed neither AMB or Wollacoot would accept being number 2
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Wow am very surprised about those names. 

Suspect Terrell Thomas will snap up the new deal, whereas things are remained to be seen with Henry and Hector. 

Wont celebrate anyone leaving just yet. We released Washington and Purrington with great success last season after all

Shame that Harris O'Connor is moving on from the U21s, I liked the look of him when he appeared for us the season just gone 
  • Options

Clare and Morgan have been hot and cold this season but will miss Clares versatility as other C Lifers have pointed out.

Harness i thought would be in with a shout as assumed neither AMB or Wollacoot would accept being number 2
    Surprised we're keeping both AMB and Woolacott- both will want a starting place.
  • Options
    Wow ! Well happy with that !!
    unexpected and a HUGE clearout
    shows how much work there is to do now !!!
    Wait until you see what replaces them .  If it means that we are actually bringing good players in, it’s good news but have no faith in nepotism Martin and his black box 
  • Options
    The scale of the clear out gives me optimism that something positive is still happening behind the scenes.
  • Options
    Wow, that is a heck of a clear out.

As I thought, Claire's "knee injury" and Innisss' "we don't want him getting a 6 match ban" just excuses for them not playing in the last match.

But really surprised that Morgan has gone, given how he has played in all the last dozen or so games.

Well that's the clear out many wanted. I just hope there are a number of quality replacements lined up or we are up that famous creek good and proper. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Leaves us very short of Goalkeepers now as well, what with Nathan Harvey also being released (?)

Means that Kone (Played for the U18s last night, and U21s a few times this season) is currently third choice
  • Options
    Surprised Morgan has gone,seeing as how regularly he played under Holden,Disappointed about Innis as  I liked him,but there you go.Just hope Hector and Thomas sign or we are in trouble at CB.The clear out that many people wanted has happened,I await with some trepidation their replacements.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Swisdom said:
    I'm not convinced I fully agree with the list but I guess it ALL depends on funds and who we are planning on bringing in - which in turn depends on who will be owning us.

If there is a plan - then that's good but if this is still very much up in the air then I am a bit concerned

Personally think there's a few in the llist who will move on (Woollacott for one) still not sure about Payne, Chuks is a great player but is permabroken!

One thing's for sure - this will be a hell of a rebuild
    Thing is, I am not convinced it will be. It should be. It needs to be, if next season is going to mean anything. 

But that doesn't mean it WILL be. Kids, crocks and cheap options ahoy as Sandgaard cuts and cuts until either someone finally gets him to actually set a price or he gives up completely, seem just as likely frankly.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    So pleased Bonne Gonne.  Thought it was madness bringing him back.
    I took this as a given, he'd never get past the no dickheads rule.
  • Options
    Good start. Be interesting to see where they all end up
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Surprised Morgan has gone,seeing as how regularly he played under Holden,Disappointed about Innis as  I liked him,but there you go.Just hope Hector and Thomas sign or we are in trouble at CB.The clear out that many people wanted has happened,I await with some trepidation their replacements.
    Fully expect Lucas Ness to be one of the first choice starters @ Centre-Back next year

Hopefully get Hector alongside him (Thomas as third choice), and they can form their partnership of Mentor and Student again

Remains to be seen then who the fourth choice would be... New signing | Mitchell | Lavelle are the options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has anyone told Leuth yet ?
  • Options

Surprised we're keeping both AMB and Woolacott- both will want a starting place.
    Don’t they both have contracts that run through next season? The list released today doesn’t mean we’re definitely keeping any player that’s still under contracts, it just means that we won’t offer new deals to those on the released list whose contracts expire on 30/06/23. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I haven't included any of the loanees coming back as I believe they'll all be moved on again one way or another
    They would all have to find clubs who would pay a fee for their services......would you? If the answer is no then I'm afraid we are stuck with them. 

Imo Lavell is more than adequate & so are DJ & Kirk. Chin is not League 1 quality imo & happy to see him leave.

But in essence I reckon most of the loanees coming back will still be here come August. 
  • Options
    Cautiously happy with the released list. I could have been convinced to keep Clare if he was cheap but it’s not a major tragedy if he goes. 

Cautious, because it really depends on who comes in to replace those departed…
  • Options
    The whisper was that Henry was offered a new contract a few weeks ago but hasn't as yet signed.

Maybe that's the club's way of ensuring a development fee if he's likely to move on?

• Options
    Thought we would only try to keep Thomas if we could offload Lavelle. I guess he might be on his way (back to Morecambe?).