Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2023/24 Betting Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Other than a (perceived) good transfer window, we’ve given punters and bookies nothing to indicate we’ll be challenging, not a single thing so far that’s the reality.  
    This is very true. But, 80/1 quarter odds first 3 so 20/1 for the place. Bolton 6 points ahead of us are 4/1 favs, Derby 3pts ahead are 6/1. On that basis I do believe that 80/1 is too big, a worth a small interest. As is the 28/1 to win the playoffs. If we make the top 6 be easy to lay some of this off. 

I know we will get the bet £20 lose £20 comments. But, a pro gambler will tell you, when the market is wrong and value exists then have a bet. 
  • Options
    Other than a (perceived) good transfer window, we’ve given punters and bookies nothing to indicate we’ll be challenging, not a single thing so far that’s the reality.  
    This is very true. But, 80/1 quarter odds first 3 so 20/1 for the place. Bolton 6 points ahead of us are 4/1 favs, Derby 3pts ahead are 6/1. On that basis I do believe that 80/1 is too big, a worth a small interest. As is the 28/1 to win the playoffs. If we make the top 6 be easy to lay some of this off. 
    Betting is all about having fun and going with your gut, if it feels too long go for it mate!  
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Skybet just increased the odds of us finishing in the top half to 5/4. After the Orient win we were 1/5 on. Even with our terrible start we are only 3 points off 11th. Hard to imagine we are not better than at least half of these league 1 sides.

We have been border line top half for 2/3 seasons now.  Don't think 5/4 would tempt me sadly albeit I would view it as more likely than not.  Would prefer at this stage 2/1 odds on accy of Gills top 7; Leeds top 6; Luton bottom 3 and Barnsley top half all of which I see as pretty much certainties.
  • Options
    If anybody used the betfair exchange to place a bet on the Charlton game between 4:14-4:39 ish and are wondering where their money is - every bet in that timeframe was voided because they didn't suspend the betting after the equaliser. Wankers.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Bobs lot have been running an offer for a few weeks whereby if you stake £10 (at odds of 1.2 or higher) on a prominent premiership game of their choosing, they will give you £2 in bet credits for every goal scored up to  maximum of £10.
    This week i have put £5 on there being more than 2.5 goals, and £5 on there being fewer than 2.5 goals, both at odds of 1.9, thus guaranteeing a return of £9.50, ie a loss of 50p. Cumulative bets are allowed to get to the £10.
    Worst result is a loss of 50p if the game finishes 0-0, best result is a profit of £9.50 if there are five goals or more.
    As i write, City score a penalty. Thank you, bob's lot.
    Edit: and chelsea equalise
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Bobs lot have been running an offer for a few weeks whereby if you stake £10 (at odds of 1.2 or higher) on a prominent premiership game of their choosing, they will give you £2 in bet credits for every goal scored up to  maximum of £10.
    This week i have put £5 on there being more than 2.5 goals, and £5 on there being fewer than 2.5 goals, both at odds of 1.9, thus guaranteeing a return of £9.50, ie a loss of 50p. Cumulative bets are allowed to get to the £10.
    Worst result is a loss of 50p if the game finishes 0-0, best result is a profit of £9.50 if there are five goals or more.
    And I'm sure in the near future you won't be eligible for this promotion.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Probably not, but the TS and C's don't yet prohibit it.
    My early approach was a £10 single on fewer than the highest number of match goals with odds of 1.2 or better which gives slightly higher possible gains and losses, and that went ok too.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
  • Options
    365 offering me a half decent cashout.

• Options
    I’d be really tempted to take that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd be tempted to take half and let the rest ride
  • Options
    These are the best prices available across all bookmakers:

Chesterfield 1/150
    Wrexham 1/20
    Derby 4/9
    Leeds 1/14
    Luton 2/9

That accumulator now amounts to exactly even money so the true cash out value should be a minimum of £343.49. Unless you have a reason for taking the money, I would let it run because if the prices were right when you placed the bet (as they clearly were) then they look half a dozen plus times better now. I currently have more than 50 bets running with associated cash outs on some good, some bad and some pretty damn ugly bets but I don't intend to take any of them at this stage of the season because there's nothing more galling, to me anyway, than taking an early pay out only to then sit and watch the original bet come up.  

• Options
    Yeah, I will be leaving it running.
    I had staked a total £250 before the season on accys so am half tempted to take that and let everything else run free but I think it looks a decent chance of a good outcome so will leave it for now at least.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Are you sure that the bet itself doesn’t have to be £10 on a single bet. Not 2 at £5…….
  • Options
    I'll be after them if it does given the Ts and Cs state: 
    Multiple qualifying bets can be placed on the qualifying fixture, providing the cumulative total equals £10 or greater
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Multiple qualifying bets can be placed on the qualifying fixture, providing the cumulative total equals £10 or greater
    That sounds like your ok….. 
  • Options
    365 offering me a half decent cashout.

Do not take that mate!  You’re in there.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    That sounds like your ok….. 
    Yup, just been credited
  • Options
    May 2+ goals and Leaburn score a header  - 20/1

Thank you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    May 2+ goals and Leaburn score a header  - 20/1

Thank you.
    It's a good bet, but awful odds. Still well done, i was looking at a couple with May scoring and other things and wasn't even getting evens so i didn't bother, a shame they couldn't add cards in yesterday. 

By awful i mean someone scoring two goals and a header should be like double in my opinion, but obviously they are low because of the opposition. 
  • Options
    I was surprised how good the odds were for goals last night. I was on over 4.5 and over 5.5. Wish I’d had the balls for over 6.5 too (obvs).
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    JaShea99 said:
    I was surprised how good the odds were for goals last night. I was on over 4.5 and over 5.5. Wish I’d had the balls for over 6.5 too (obvs).
    What odds did you get? Prior to shortening massively at team news/few hours out from KO, -1 around 4/6 and -2 13/10ish I think I saw seemed fairly generous. Even the early 1/4 for a straight win felt like the proverbial printing money....

Suspect many were concerned from first leg to show the flair to place big. Didn't check but anyone know what we went to when drawing at HT?
  • Options
    I had a small bet on over 6.5 goals on Betfair at 14.

Didn't look likely at half time but 1-4 on the hour mark I was worried we would stroll the last 30 minutes but it all worked out in the end.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    What odds did you get? Prior to shortening massively at team news/few hours out from KO, -1 around 4/6 and -2 13/10ish I think I saw seemed fairly generous. Even the early 1/4 for a straight win felt like the proverbial printing money....

Suspect many were concerned from first leg to show the flair to place big. Didn't check but anyone know what we went to when drawing at HT?
    13/8 and 4/1
  • Options
    Harrogate are 5/2 to beat Swindon at home tomorrow and I can't see why the odds are so long. Swindon have lost their last five matches. I suppose I could research it further, but I've lumped on anyway. Seems like free money, but don't take my word for it. I've doubtless missed something significant like a huge injury crisis or suspensions kicking in.
  • Options
    Harrogate got worst home record in L2 @IdleHans

• Options
    Cheers, so they have. Ah well, gotta win at home sometime, perhaps tomorrow's the day!

• Options
    Harrogate got worst home record in L2 @IdleHans

Apart from their first game of the season where they lost at home to Forest Green everyone of their home games has been to a top 9 team, a very difficult run.  5/2 to beat Swindon looks decent to me.
  • Options
    14.20 Cheltenham Notlongtillmay.......scores again for Charlton.