Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2023/24 Betting Thread

Comments

• Options
    Bromley @ 1.90 home to Fylde also seems very generous.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Cheers, so they have. Ah well, gotta win at home sometime, perhaps tomorrow's the day!

On reflection, the draw @ 4.1was the obvious bet. Luckily I had this to offset a bit of the loss
  • Options
    Cost me my bet. Kids crying. Cheers @IdleHans

• Options
    When the fun stops….
    Order a curry.
  • Options
    Cost me my bet. Kids crying. Cheers @IdleHans

'...Muldoon’s finish capped an excellent display from a Town side who were unfortunate not to come away with all three points'

Not just your kids. We was robbed.

• Options
    Johnnie Jackson's daughter riding in the Shetland pony race at Cheltenham. It was on around 3.15 pm. 
  • Options
    Little double on Chelmsford and Yeovil tomorrow at 2.8 or so
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    IdleHans said:
    Bobs lot have been running an offer for a few weeks whereby if you stake £10 (at odds of 1.2 or higher) on a prominent premiership game of their choosing, they will give you £2 in bet credits for every goal scored up to  maximum of £10.
    This week i have put £5 on there being more than 2.5 goals, and £5 on there being fewer than 2.5 goals, both at odds of 1.9, thus guaranteeing a return of £9.50, ie a loss of 50p. Cumulative bets are allowed to get to the £10.
    Worst result is a loss of 50p if the game finishes 0-0, best result is a profit of £9.50 if there are five goals or more.
    As i write, City score a penalty. Thank you, bob's lot.
    Edit: and chelsea equalise
    Are you sure that the bet itself doesn’t have to be £10 on a single bet. Not 2 at £5…….
    Theyre doing it again this weekend on Everton/Man U but they've bumped up the qualifying bet odds from 1.2 to 1.5. Doesnt alter my approach, still spiltting my tenner across over and under 2.5 goals, though I dont see this game being a goalfest

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    Can see Yeovil going to town on welling. They are struggling defensively at the moment with injuries.
    If Yeovil get one, the get more in my opinion.
    15/4 -2 goals
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    IdleHans said:
    Can see Yeovil going to town on welling. They are struggling defensively at the moment with injuries.
    If Yeovil get one, the get more in my opinion.
    15/4 -2 goals
    I see what you've done there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good tip on Yeovil :#
  • Options
    To be fair, Welling got a few players in yesterday that were new to the team.
    New captain from Bromley, and last year’s goalkeeper back.
    Coupled with a defensive change.

Well that’s my excuse.

Will tip WSM to stuff Welling next weekend, if it gets similar results.
  • Options
    Mike said:
    Good tip on Yeovil :#
    Bollixed it with chelmsford too. Having a betting shocker at the moment 
  • Options
    Shame  so many of you had Palarse on the betting thread to win !
  • Options
    Looks like an easy £5 to collect from William Hill today for those with an account;
    "Get EVS (was 1/500) on there being a shot on target when Man Utd travel to Newcastle. Both sides are averaging over 4.5 per game this term."
    - Max stake is £5 so assuming there are at least one shot on target (i think 2 really as elsewhere it says 1+) that's a £5 win.
  • Options
    My Skybet account was hacked.
    All my bets cashed out and the money placed on some random virtual greyhound race which lost. Then account suspended it seems. 
    Skybet recreditted the cashout money but refuse to reinstate my bets that were looking like very very likely winners (Gills/Ipswich top half; Bolton/leicester top 6 and Luton relegated). 
    The cash out is less than a third of the winnings.  Pissed off.
    Is there a regulator I can approach. I only want the account restarted to where it was before the hack and I can't see Skybet have even lost anything.
  • Options
    Wayne Rooney’s Birmingham can fuck right off 
  • Options
    All my bets cashed out and the money placed on some random virtual greyhound race which lost. Then account suspended it seems. 
    Skybet recreditted the cashout money but refuse to reinstate my bets that were looking like very very likely winners (Gills/Ipswich top half; Bolton/leicester top 6 and Luton relegated). 
    Is there a regulator I can approach. I only want the account restarted to where it was before the hack and I can't see Skybet have even lost anything.
    That’s shocking
  • Options
    That’s shocking
    Used to be that you write to Racing Post (greenseal?). Bets are not enforceable in law afaik, but racing post offered this arbitartion service. I used it once in pre internet times for a charlton football bet (40 years ago!). @bobmunro will likely know. Otherwise the Gambling Commission website may provide a starting point though they won't help directly in sonething like this.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    You can try going to IBAS but you won't get it resolved any time soon unfortunately. As for Skybet, I'm not surprised they've taken that stance. From my own personal experience they're absolute slags to deal with
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s shocking
    Used to be that you write to Racing Post (greenseal?). Bets are not enforceable in law afaik, but racing post offered this arbitartion service. I used it once in pre internet times for a charlton football bet (40 years ago!). @bobmunro will likely know. Otherwise the Gambling Commission website may provide a starting point though they won't help directly in sonething like this.
    Not sure Bob will remember your bet from 40 years ago mate …
  • Options
    Never ceases to amaze me how poor some of these bookmakers are in their customer service. Firms like Sky, Betfair, Paddy Power an Betfred promote themselves as big players. However, have the cheek to be a bit shrewd around your gambling and they close you down or limit you so severely it’s not worth using them. 

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Thanks all.
    It is the fact they suspended my account (I hadn't even noticed) so they clearly knew something was amiss, then implicitly they accepted it was hacked (ie refunded the lost weirdo bet on virtual greyhound race), but won't simply restate my position which I find odd.
    They haven't even lost money as the hacker didn't manage to take anything out of the account.
    They won't tell me what happend/how someone got access or anything.
    It really is poor form.  More annoying than the cashed out bets is the fact I don't know what else of mine could theoretically be at risk of hackers have passwords etc as I have no idea how they accessed this account
  • Options
    Thanks all.
    It is the fact they suspended my account (I hadn't even noticed) so they clearly knew something was amiss, then implicitly they accepted it was hacked (ie refunded the lost weirdo bet on virtual greyhound race), but won't simply restate my position which I find odd.
    They haven't even lost money as the hacker didn't manage to take anything out of the account.
    It really is poor form.  More annoying than the cashed out bets is the fact I don't know what else of mine could theoretically be at risk of hackers have passwords etc as I have no idea how they accessed this account
    I'm very skeptical about "the house" and tbh I don't think anyone would hack you to then place a bet on a virtual greyhound race and lose. If I were you id be pointing fingers at SkyBet for having some play in it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    ^ it had crossed my mind but I don't tend to believe in conspiracy theories and the amounts involved were not worthy of a company acting like that (not that they would/should for any amount of course but for this amount even less reason - winnings would be low hundreds).  The way they have behaved since certainly makes you question it though!
  • Options
    Thanks all.
    I'm very skeptical about "the house" and tbh I don't think anyone would hack you to then place a bet on a virtual greyhound race and lose. If I were you id be pointing fingers at SkyBet for having some play in it. 
    Nonsense. I'm no apologist for SkyBet (of course) but they would not, as a company, undertake such actions deliberately - risk their licence for a few hundred pounds?

The nature of the 'hack' is somewhat dubious though - clearly a malicious action rather than trying to obtain financial benefit. I would guess that it was either someone AC knows who may have had access to account login details, or a rogue employee of Skybet - and if the latter Sky would be able to identify any individual staff member responsible via an audit trail.

It might be worth raising it with IBAS but Sky can always argue that it is the customer's responsibility to make sure account login details are not shared. They could also argue, from a reasonable position, that they met half way by cancelling the dodgy virtual greyhound bet.  
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Thanks Bob and Bertie re IBAS

No one has my log in details to the account except myself and they are not written down anywhere. 

Before reopening my account Skybet told me I needed to confirm I had changed my email to dual authentication but wouldn't say why -  all I can assume is that my email was hacked?

But they won't tell me (I guess wouldn't even know) and even if someone got into my email I don't get how they would then access my account as they could likely find my username but not my password/code to then access.  I have checked junk/deleted etc folders for an email resetting my password which surely would have been generated and there is nothing.

Like I said all very weird as to get any money out of the account would involve sending it to a bank account in my name I assume,.and that doesn't seem an easy thing to do so no idea what the point of it all was except to piss me off. 😂.

I have complained to SkyBet officially and will follow up with IBAS if needed.

• Options

No one has my log in details to the account except myself and they are not written down anywhere. 

Before reopening my account Skybet told me I needed to confirm I had changed my email to dual authentication but wouldn't say why -  all I can assume is that my email was hacked?

But they won't tell me (I guess wouldn't even know) and even if someone got into my email I don't get how they would then access my account as they could likely find my username but not my password/code to then access.  I have checked junk/deleted etc folders for an email resetting my password which surely would have been generated and there is nothing.

Like I said all very weird as to get any money out of the account would involve sending it to a bank account in my name I assume,.and that doesn't seem an easy thing to do so no idea what the point of it all was except to piss me off. 😂.

I take it your virtual greyhound bet was for quite a few hundred quid?
    I wonder how many people bet a few hundred quid on virtual greyhound racing.
    I'm surprised they let the virtual greyhound bet go, unless you usually do a few hundred quid on that.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I take it your virtual greyhound bet was for quite a few hundred quid?
    I wonder how many people bet a few hundred quid on virtual greyhound racing.
    I'm surprised they let the virtual greyhound bet go, unless you usually do a few hundred quid on that.
    It was for a touch less than a hundred as the cash out amount on a handful of smallish accys that if not cashed out and won would have got something like £300 (one of the cash out amounts was 2p!!)
    I have only ever bet on football on that account I think (the only other thing I have ever bet on on any account is Cheltenham and the Grand National). I bet pretty infrequently.
  • Options
    Definitely sounds more like someone has got hold of your pin and is fucking about, rather than a hack