Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2023/24 Betting Thread

123457»

Comments

• Has anyone found a bookies that is not Paddy Power that will take multiple teams in the same division in an accy.

IE if I want to bet for Leeds and Middlesbrough top 6 in the Championship only Paddy Power offer that service which is very limiting.
    No mate I’ve always looked for this.  
    I managed to combine a couple in L1 on BetVictor and could have added a PL relegation to the bet but just not so certain on that choice.

I Never usually add Charlton to my bets. Don't know what I am thinking after one signing of a second choice keeper... 🤣.  The others look pretty likely to me.

Nice, just out of curiosity why Middlesbrough?  Think the rest of the bet is solid.
  • Has anyone found a bookies that is not Paddy Power that will take multiple teams in the same division in an accy.

IE if I want to bet for Leeds and Middlesbrough top 6 in the Championship only Paddy Power offer that service which is very limiting.
    No mate I’ve always looked for this.  
    I managed to combine a couple in L1 on BetVictor and could have added a PL relegation to the bet but just not so certain on that choice.

I Never usually add Charlton to my bets. Don't know what I am thinking after one signing of a second choice keeper... 🤣.  The others look pretty likely to me.

Nice, just out of curiosity why Middlesbrough?  Think the rest of the bet is solid.

Not done tonnes of research but;

a) finished 8th last season only finishing 4 points off play offs. 
    b)Carrick has signed a new contract as manager so is committed and is well connected for the loan market and I would expect a strong name for attracting perm players too.
    c) They are a very stable, well run Championship club with a fair amount of room under FFP rules and typically spend a bit each summer.
    d) they only had 4 loanees last season and one of them did not play too much so again, not too much disruption.  With their perm players only Paddy McNair has left and he only played half the time last season.
    d) the 3 relegated teams will get the max parachute payments and will be up and around it but none are completely convincing.  Leeds seem the obvious winners (subject to their FFP issues). The only other clubs with parachute payments are Norwich and Watford but neither look great and will have to have an eye on those payments finishing next season.

Overall I think the Championship will be really open next season with no obvious candidates outside of Leeds.