Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saudi Professional League 23/24

Comments

• Options
    I thought he did renew last year - didn't his last contract expire and everyone though was going Madrid but signed new two year contract
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    CAFCsayer said:
    Would be brilliant if PSG make him train with the kids all season
    Why? Because he doesn't want to go and play in a crap standard league when he's at his peak? Seems to be PSG's problem rather than his.
  • Options
    Stays til 1st August, get his €60m loyalty payment, then either stays for one season and moves to Real Madrid next season, or PSG have to accept a bid this summer.

I think his heart is set on Madrid, and save for an ageing Joselu they don't have any strikers, so I won't be surprised to seem them bite the bullet and get him this summer
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I thought he did renew last year - didn't his last contract expire and everyone though was going Madrid but signed new two year contract
    Yeah just checked and you're right.

I thought at the time it was announced he signed a 3 year deal, which is why i thought he signed in 2021 and it ended next summer. But he signed in 2022 for 2 years with an option for a third year, but stupidly PSG left the option to the player.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Would be brilliant if PSG make him train with the kids all season
    Why? Because he doesn't want to go and play in a crap standard league when he's at his peak? Seems to be PSG's problem rather than his.
    I’m not saying it isn’t psgs problem, I just don’t particularly like Mbappé and would like to see Frances main superstar play 0 minutes in the year before a major tournament 
  • Options
    I find it funny how much money PSG have spunked just to finish 1st (and once 2nd) in a one horse domestic race. 
  • Options
    That's grim
  • Options
    Al Hilal have signed Brazilian forward Malcom, who was the top scorer and player of the year in the Russian league for champions Zenit last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Neymar has agreed to join Al Hilal on a 2 year deal. 
  • Options
    Absolutely no respect for that shirker.
  • Options
    Sure he'll look back on being Brazil's record goalscorer etc and think he's had a great career, but Neymar should have been the next Ballon d'Or winner after Messi and Ronaldo, the fact he got in a sulk about Messi being the main man at Barcelona and left for PSG cost him that.
  • Options
    Absolutely no respect for that shirker.
    Doubt he'll mind on 2.4mil a week.
  • Options
    They do realize that Neymar is always injured when It's his sister's birthday ?

The line in the sand is being moved and the take over is on its way.
  • Options

As long as it's not his brother's birthday, he's probably OK.
  • Options

Someone picked up on the fact that Neymar was either injured or suspended when it was his sister Rafaella's birthday and he would've a trip home to Brazil. Neymar have a tattoo of his sister on his arm and she has a tattoo of his eyes !
    As he has a private jet at his disposal as part of his contract I'm sure AL Hilal will fly sister and family over and get her a cake.

• Options

Someone picked up on the fact that Neymar was either injured or suspended when it was his sister Rafaella's birthday and he would've a trip home to Brazil. Neymar have a tattoo of his sister on his arm and she has a tattoo of his eyes !
    As he has a private jet at his disposal as part of his contract I'm sure AL Hilal will fly sister and family over and get her a cake.

I can hear the Addams Family song in my head
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Someone picked up on it?  It's literally been mentioned everywhere, every year for about 5 years now.
  • Options
    Who saw that coming eh
  • Options
    The first requirement for them to enter should be 'ok but your teams have to follow the same FFP rules as European clubs'.

Should be a short discussion.
  • Options
    Surprised sky sports or TNT haven't picked up the TV rights yet, surely that's only a matter of time? 
  • Options
    Surprised sky sports or TNT haven't picked up the TV rights yet, surely that's only a matter of time? 
    I'm sure at the weekend I heard that DAZN are going to show games.
  • Options
    Yep Dazn have the rights, which is gonna halt any popularity as unless you already have it, next to no one is gonna purchase it solely to watch the league. If it was on sky people might have watched it when it was on.

The champions league thing is very unlikely but I don't rule anything out with UEFA. They're generally quite strict on FFP and geography
  • Options
    follett said:
    Yep Dazn have the rights, which is gonna halt any popularity as unless you already have it, next to no one is gonna purchase it solely to watch the league. If it was on sky people might have watched it when it was on.

The champions league thing is very unlikely but I don't rule anything out with UEFA. They're generally quite strict on FFP and geography
    Bit like last weeks AJ fight, they may have pulled it from PPV, but you'd still had to pay £20 unless you were a member. 
  • Options
    Yeah they do, Gerrard's team Al Ettifaq v Al Nassr was on the other night. Popularity doesn't seem to have caught on out there yet though as the stadium was not even close to being full.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    follett said:

The thing is Saudi don't need money from tv deals, but to grow their league and popularity they absolutely need it to be shown to a wider audience. 

But to be honest outside of the games involving the big 4 teams owned by PIF who've been signing all the superstars, i don't think anyone cares. But i guess that's probably similar to fans in Asia and Africa who want to watch games involving the big 6, but couldn't care less about watching Bournemouth v Luton.