Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Patrick Casey signs a 3-year pro contract

Comments

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    His celebrations are a bit naff... Get rid
    and take the cameraman with him.
    Who is the winger providing all the crosses? We haven’t had one of those for years. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Patrick is not too dissimilar to Daniel Kanu AT THAT AGE  from the times I have seen him play.

Not especially pacy, doesn't appear to have a trick up his sleeve but the hardest part of the game, finishing, he is VERY good at.  His instincts are good and that's  something that can't really be taught.

Daniel is improving his game and getting bigger and stronger so I would expect the same to come from Patrick in due course.

Certainly an exciting talent and one we should continue to monitor and manage but not rush to put pressure on him
    How would you compare them to, say, Charlie MacDonald at that age?
  • Options
    sm said:
    Hal1x said:
    Who is the winger providing all the crosses? We haven’t had one of those for years. 
    #7 is Henry Rylah.  Very tricky and quick with decent delivery.

The cross for the header looks like Jason Adigun but it's hard to tell as it was filmed on a potato in a box and my internet is unstable at the moment
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    sm said:
    Hal1x said:

The cross for the header looks like Jason Adigun but it's hard to tell as it was filmed on a potato in a box and my internet is unstable at the moment
    Twitter reported that the fourth (?) was from a Adigun cross
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Patrick is not too dissimilar to Clive Mendonca AT THAT AGE .......

Not especially pacy, doesn't appear to have a trick up his sleeve but the hardest part of the game, finishing, he is VERY good at.  His instincts are good and that's  something that can't really be taught.
    That's what I first thought you said.  :)
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    sm said:
    Hal1x said:

There is a decent case to be made that Adigun played better than Casey yesterday.
    Mind you, five goals…….
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Swisdom said:
    sm said:
    Hal1x said:

There is a decent case to be made that Adigun played better than Casey yesterday.
    Mind you, five goals…….
    I too like Adigun. Got in free yesterday via season ticket - what a bargain ! 10 goals, red card, non stop ! More tonight please 1st team .........................................
  • Options
    Am surprised we haven't seen Adigun in the first team yet either. Guess a bit of a logjam of CMs doesn't really help him but someone I would have expected to have made a EFL Trophy squad by now 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Am surprised we haven't seen Adigun in the first team yet either. Guess a bit of a logjam of CMs doesn't really help him but someone I would have expected to have made a EFL Trophy squad by now 
    maybe a loan to a national League or NLSouth would be better with a decent run of 1st team games in "mens football" 
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    maybe a loan to a national League or NLSouth would be better with a decent run of 1st team games in "mens football" 

Probably for the best to get him probably a similar loan to Anderson at Aldershot last season or the multiple spells Aaron Henry had at Wealdstone. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    An absolutely wonderful array of finishes there. Let's hope we send him to non-league soon. Want to see what he does with far less time and space. But as Swisdom said, reminds me of Kanu. Lots of goals in the U18s, but the rest of his game needs work and there's a question of how will that finishing translate to men's football. 

I expect Casey, Rylah, Kedwell, and Adigun will all go out on loan to non league this season, maybe once we're out of the cups.  
  • Options
    I feel like he’ll be like a Jordan Rhodes type. No part of his physicality is outstanding, but he can find space, anticipate where the ball is going to land and ultimately, finish. That’s the part of the game you cannot teach
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I wonder if M'bick has signed a contract. A risk putting him near the first team without that.

I think Adigun's expires this summer, if not involved he will be thinking about a move for game time...do we have sufficient power to say a loan hinges on signing an extension? Probably not with 6months to go. Shame to lose him.
  • Options
    Adigun’s 20 in December, maybe he’s not progressed as hoped?
  • Options
    Ready or not he can't be worse than watching Tedic.
    Completely agree, Tedic can't run in behind, doesn't win much in the air, can't finish and his hold up play isn't great. Would much rather use a youngster or a change in formation/style than watch Tedic up front on his own.
  • Options
    "Pat" got a name check in MA's post match interview as did Mbick although he added he didn't want to rely on the kids.

He praised "Teddy".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Pat" got a name check in MA's post match interview as did Mbick although he added he didn't want to rely on the kids.

He praised "Teddy".
    I agree - Tedic made a difference with his physicality.  Casey would have been gobbled up by Davies at this stage of his career but Tedic stood up to him a bit more
  • Options
    Ready or not he can't be worse than watching Tedic.
    Finishing probably not, rest of his game he could definitely be worse. Tedic didn’t impress but if we’re going to play Casey in the first team it can’t be as a lone striker. Physicality is probably why Mbick got on the bench ahead of him.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

He praised "Teddy".
    I agree - Tedic made a difference with his physicality.  Casey would have been gobbled up by Davies at this stage of his career but Tedic stood up to him a bit more
    I thought Tedic did well when he come on last night, looked a handful! Could have scored at least one.
  • Options

He praised "Teddy".
    Understandable... We've seen what can happen when the kids are thrown in far too early as well - Nice to know though that Appleton is fully aware of Casey at the very least.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Swisdom said:

He praised "Teddy".
    I thought Tedic did well when he come on last night, looked a handful! Could have scored at least one.
    But didn't because he skied it from 4 yards out!
    His effort was there but he has looked ineffectual every time I have seen him.

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Swisdom said:

He praised "Teddy".

Think the word I'd use is rusty
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Swisdom said:

He praised "Teddy".

Yes, doesn't mean he had a bad game does it!
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Swisdom said:

He praised "Teddy".

Fair enough. We will agree to disagree. He skied one, was offside ruining a break for another, fell flat on his face with no one around when the ball was played to him on another break. 
    As I said, he tried and so I am not criticising as he can only do his best.  He has some physicality and tried to win headers with limited success.  For a striker I just don't see him scoring or influencing games anywhere near enough to make him worthwhile. I hope he proves me wrong.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Swisdom said:

He praised "Teddy".

Fair enough. We will agree to disagree. He skied one, was offside ruining a break for another, fell flat on his face with no one around when the ball was played to him on another break. 
    As I said, he tried and so I am not criticising as he can only do his best.  He has some physicality and tried to win headers with limited success.  For a striker I just don't see him scoring or influencing games anywhere near enough to make him worthwhile. I hope he proves me wrong.
    I hope he does too. It seems obvious that Tedic is not a natural finisher but he's still a handful for defenders. 

He gets in good positions, distracts defenders and creates space for team mates - but of course, being a forward is seemingly only judged on here by goals scored. 

To hit form, every footballer needs to play and have a run of games - but Tedic hasn't really had that, has he? 

• Options
    Tempting though it may be, playing still 17 year old Casey in the aspirational first team at this point would be a substantial risk.