Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lloyd Jones signs on a two year deal

Comments

• Options
    He's just a white Naby Sarr

• Options
    No idea how good this lad really is, and whether he’s good enough for where we want to be,  time will tell I guess, but welcome to the club Lloyd.
  • Options
    No idea how good this lad really is, and whether he’s good enough for where we want to be,  time will tell I guess, but welcome to the club Lloyd.
    Same, tbh at this level its hard to know anyway. I didnt know most of the players Powell broght in either though.
  • Options
    I’m guessing based on his reviews that for our level he’s decent but has spent his time playing with lower level teams and players. I mean that respectfully but having a very competent Hector next to him and “better players in front of him could bring him onto the next level. Truth is we won’t know but the signs are good.
  • Options
    Really shows how much attention we pay as fans to opposition players when we say we haven’t heard of him and he scored against us about 10 games ago 😂 

https://youtu.be/P0Pu6DQ4vi4

Looking at the highlights of that game, he seems to want to play the offside a lot, but no one on their team seemed to be listening to him 😂

For his goal, I loved the instinctiveness he had to follow their first header. We definitely need a bit more of that. 

Definitely seems like a positive signing and a player that won’t let you down.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    Really shows how much attention we pay as fans to opposition players when we say we haven’t heard of him and he scored against us about 10 games ago 😂 

https://youtu.be/P0Pu6DQ4vi4

Looking at the highlights of that game, he seems to want to play the offside a lot, but no one on their team seemed to be listening to him 😂

For his goal, I loved the instinctiveness he had to follow their first header. We definitely need a bit more of that. 

Definitely seems like a positive signing and a player that won’t let you down.
    If you memorised every player that scores against us, you wouldnt be able to remember your own name.
    I remember the hooked finish. But not that the scorer would be on his way to stardom following it.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Good news I presume, although tbh I hadn't heard of him until today.

Only heard of him when Cawley said there was interest last week. Agree good news IF he is better than Ryan Inniss (gone) and Lavelle who I presume we will look to loan out or sell, so Mitchell and Deji don't feel there is no route to 1st team football at the Valley.
  • Options
    I think last season we scored only about half a dozen goals from defenders.
    Each set piece I was willing Innes to get a goal, but I can’t remember one, our goals from defenders was paltry, although that Sessegnon one was spectacular.
    If Jones can weigh in with about one goal every nine games then it will be a definite plus, the odd goal from Hector will also represent an improvement.

• Options
    So as I understand it we have got Larry Lloyd 
    and Joey Jones playing for us this season.

Have some of that what a pairing.😎
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He did it, he said we don't belong in league 1, what a fantastic player 
  • Options
    I’ll reserve my judgment until I’ve seen his tunnel jump.
  • Options
    I don't know who some expect sign we are a league 1 club with not a decent budget
    Our defense needed to be improved with his experience I can see him running the show at the back exactly what is needed
    We have been all over the place for far to long back there
  • Options
    Decent goal against us, but he was left way behind for our first & JRS got away from him for our 2nd.
  • Options
    So as I understand it we have got Larry Lloyd 
    and Joey Jones playing for us this season.

Have some of that what a pairing.😎
    They didn't take any s***.
  • Options
    Was Phil Chapple the last defender we signed from Cambridge?
    You’re forgetting Darren Purse.😂😂😂
  • Options
    Sounds like he had an op recently and won't be immediately joining pre season. 
  • Options
    A procedure no less.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    A procedure no less.
    I'm assuming a Charlton procedure to be an open form of surgery. Call me scarred!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    After being told how good Lavelle and O'Connell (ok he was fine but not at lcb), we remain sceptical, but it seems our scouts are doing some good work. 

Which 4 end of season awards would he have won? I didn't realise there were so many intra-club awards in L1!

I don't think anybody thought Lavelle was a good signing!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can’t remember who the CB was we tried to sign at the time but Lavelle was not our first choice but the next one on the list.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    RedChaser said:
    I can’t remember who the CB was we tried to sign at the time but Lavelle was not our first choice but the next one on the list.
    I believe the story was that we were bringing in Lavelle - he was in a hotel room waiting to come and sign his contract - when we heard Kerr was available and decided to pursue him. We didn't get him and so completed the Lavelle signing.
    You’re right 👏 just read back on his thread the transfer was on off on, so 1st choice, 2nd choice and then1st choice again. Apparently TS phoned him up to get the deal back on and over the line.
  • Options
    He he has defo travelled to Spain as seen him in a pic on Kirks Instagram 
  • Options
    He has trained today 
  • Options
    Incredibly comfortable on the ball and looks quicker than I expected
  • Options
    Took his goal at Wealdstone very neatly - calm and composed.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Was talking to a guy last week who is a Cambridge season ticket holder.  Raved about Jones, said he was a 'monster'.  Looked like a upgrade on Inniss yesterday.