Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karoy Anderson

Comments

• Options
    edited March 7
    Coventry is the natural captain after George and karoy can just carry on establishing his game after having a really good month since Jones turned up.
    Anderson even on Tuesday was good out of possession it was just his ball skills were lacking and I'm sure he will love to start or get on against Carlisle.
    No sure about Coventry, having seen his interview. Seems quite shy.
  • Options
    He's the reason I'm not too disappointed that Dobbo is leaving. Coventry and Anderson in the middle of the park next season has the potential to be really exciting. His exposure to a struggling League One team will stand him in good stead, making mistakes now will benefit him and the team next term.
    Two things Len……Dobo leaving is far from a certainty, if you know something that the rest of us don’t, then please feel free to inform us.
    Secondly, whereas young Anderson has a real chance of becoming a seasoned pro in our set up being worthy of automatically taking over from Dobo I don’t see that as a definite scenario as things are right now.
    His on the ball ability is somewhat lacking, particularly his passing IMHO.
  • Options
    He's the reason I'm not too disappointed that Dobbo is leaving. Coventry and Anderson in the middle of the park next season has the potential to be really exciting. His exposure to a struggling League One team will stand him in good stead, making mistakes now will benefit him and the team next term.
    Two things Len……Dobo leaving is far from a certainty, if you know something that the rest of us don’t, then please feel free to inform us.
    Secondly, whereas young Anderson has a real chance of becoming a seasoned pro in our set up being worthy of automatically taking over from Dobo I don’t see that as a definite scenario as things are right now.
    His on the ball ability is somewhat lacking, particularly his passing IMHO.
    Dobson has signed a pre-contract - it must have some legal standing or it would be pointless doing it, so as it stands, the probability of Dobbo leaving look fairly high to me. We will see how it pans out, but as it stands, this looks like Dobbo's last season for us.
    Anderson looks the real deal, but he showed on tuesday he is still young and will have the odd duff game, so while he should be starting a great deal next season, I'm not sure he is ready to be a 'first name on the sheet' player just yet. But there again, four months ago, I though he needed a loan out to a team like Dartford or Wellin, so what do I know.
  • Options
    I can only judge on what i've seen and i think its fair to say that he's a real mixed bag - probably our most influential player for a couple of those games against the top sides recently and really good against millwall in pre season, linking up with Asimwe in particular. The last game and a half he has been absolutely shocking on the ball with most of his passes going astray. I'd say his attributes are definitely his engine / stamina and ability to get his foot and head in and cover a lot of ground - ideally suited to pressing the cdm and defenders in the role NJ is using him in - same as Bowyer did with Gallagher. Of course his awareness on the ball and when receiving in tight areas will improve - it has too - but there's no doubt that his main attributes are physical whereas say Coventry's would be his football brain and technique.   
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    I’d bench Karoy on Saturday. Give him a bit of a breather.
    He looked a bit flat on Tuesday. He’s only really had minutes recently under NJ. Apples leaving him out has probably left him a bit behind in fitness and that’s catching up on him a bit.
    It's probably the first time he's ever had to play with this kind of intensity this often without much time between - as a younger guy he was always likely to hit a wall eventually and need a breather. It all adds up after a while.

I wouldn't drop him completely as that wouldn't help his confidence but putting him on the bench seems wise.
  • Options
    edited March 7
    thenewbie said:
    CafcSCP said:
    I’d bench Karoy on Saturday. Give him a bit of a breather.
    He looked a bit flat on Tuesday. He’s only really had minutes recently under NJ. Apples leaving him out has probably left him a bit behind in fitness and that’s catching up on him a bit.
    It's probably the first time he's ever had to play with this kind of intensity this often without much time between - as a younger guy he was always likely to hit a wall eventually and need a breather. It all adds up after a while.

I wouldn't drop him completely as that wouldn't help his confidence but putting him on the bench seems wise.
    If Karoy had been left out on Tuesday, he would have been rested not dropped. In the same way the likes of Coventry have been rested. The high intensity football we're currently playing does sap the energy.
  • Options

There’s an entire thread on it, after this season Dobbo is no longer our player, he’s off to Hungary. 
  • Options
    Just looked Karoy up on wiki and his second name is Zidane lol….Karoy Zidane Lovebourne Anderson is a professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for League One club Charlton Athletic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Bakinson scoring makes it an easier decision, reward him and give Anderson a rest though keep him on the bench. Although I wouldn’t call either of them goalscorers they both get in the positions to score the odd goal here and there, which is ok for where we are. Next season we’ll a midfielder who can score double figures. 
    Carlisle will sit back and defend, I really don’t think that’s the game for Bakinson. I’d start Anderson and hope the confidence that’s built up will mean he can show more of what he can do with the ball in a game where we will have plenty of it 
  • Options
    edited March 7
    Of course Anderson has been great recently and there is no reason he won't be great on Saturday. On Tuesday he wanted a bit more time than he had and there were some signs of this in games where he played much better. It is part of his learning and will make him an even better player. Having said that, he may need a rest given the fact he is covering so much ground in games and I like Bakinson so that wouldn't be an issue for me. Jones will have the data and I trust his decision based on that.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Bakinson scoring makes it an easier decision, reward him and give Anderson a rest though keep him on the bench. Although I wouldn’t call either of them goalscorers they both get in the positions to score the odd goal here and there, which is ok for where we are. Next season we’ll a midfielder who can score double figures. 
    Anderson and barkinson have played the attacking midfielder role between them for 3 games and scored 3 goals.  Thats not a bad record
  • Options
    edited March 7
    In the U18s and U21s he was very much a creative midfielder creating and scoring goals.
    Same was true of Scott Parker, but that's not really what he ultimately became once he got into the senior side. 

I think there's a tendency to think that to be an attacking midfielder you have to be some kind of League One Kevin De Bruyne, but that's not really the case. To score goals from midfield at this level you obviously need a bit of composure and ability to strike ball cleanly, but a lot of it is just about getting into the box as often as possible. If the rest of the team is setup and able to get the ball into the box often as well then you will score goals. Jacko wasn't blessed with outstanding technique or vision but he got plenty of goals and assists by just doing that. Worked for Bowyer too at a much higher level than this. I always think Frank Lampard is the ultimate example of this.
  • Options
    Lets not get carried away with all this, Anderson is good but it seems if you come through our academy we talk them up to be world beaters, seem to remember people calling out for the likes of Elewere, Barker and Ness as the next superstars and look what happened with that.
    Let’s just let him develop without heaping too much pressure on him with our expectations.
  • Options
    If we are going with three centre mids next season he definitely has to be one of the six with Conor Coventry.

We’ve also got Terry Taylor in contract who’ll be one of the six. Sign Bakinson or Camara on a permanent and that leaves two gaps to fill in the centre mid group.

I’m still hoping Fiorini gets a chance to play before the end of the season, not given up on him yet given his credentials and experience aren’t much different than Coventry’s.
  • Options
    Karoy is the real deal. What? Like Gomez, Bowyer, Parker?  

We love to over rate our players. This particular player has a good engine. He may be a good passer, but we haven't seen it.

He gets brushed off the ball and regularly gets caught in possession, as his first touch is not good.

I said in the pre match thread he should have been rested on Tuesday. He had a shocker. Surely Jones won't repeat the mistake in Saturday?
  • Options
    Karoy came on as a 74th minute sub in Dallas against the US.

Jamaica were winning 0-1 until a 96th min own goal. USA went on to win 3-1 after extra time.

Hector played the full 120 minutes in a back three.
    Telling how poor a team is if Hector is the inchpin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 23
    PopIcon said:

Jamaica were winning 0-1 until a 96th min own goal. USA went on to win 3-1 after extra time.

Bit harsh, good to hear he's back fit.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

That was their Nations League semi final, after they beat Canada in the quarter final. Jamaica have been a much better side in last year or so…
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Bet you are bundles of fun when somebody gives new news 😃
  • Options
    I was impressed with Karoy yesterday. Worked his wotsits off.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

That was their Nations League semi final, after they beat Canada in the quarter final. Jamaica have been a much better side in last year or so…
    I was right again.

There was a reason Hector was let go.
  • Options
    edited May 20
    Wonder if he'll be off to the Copa America this summer

Be interesting to see when players have to report back, as Jamaica's last Group game will be against Venezuela on 30th June

They also have a couple of World Cup Qualifiers soon too, so he may not get much of a summer break

Jamaica national football team - Wikipedia
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:

I was right again.

There was a reason Hector was let go.
    What do you mean? Jamaica are a good side, regardless of what anyone thinks of Hector.