Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karoy Anderson

Comments

• Options
    Those websites ratings are not great, particularly for a player like Karoy who has impressed more for what he has done without the ball which you can’t really pick up in the stats available on sites like FotMob/whoscored/sofascore
  • Options
    Dare I say it, but I see a shade of Aribo in him.
    He's got some engine. Gets up and down with ease. Only going to get better and better.
  • Options
    Part of the future of the club he really is!!

If clubs want to give Appleton another job - Just look at the turnaround from this lad, to prove they should steer very clear
  • Options
    Guess our academy isn't so overrated after all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    this kid is going all the way to the top.....hopefully with us

• Options
    This lad has absolutely transformed since Nathan Jones arrived.
    He was getting quite a bit of (slightly OTT?) criticism earlier in the season, despite being a very young man, but the last few games he’s looked fantastic. Still a bit raw, but looks a real player.

Almost more important is his passion. In the game against Lincoln, his reaction to Ladapo scoring was exactly what you want to see from your players: genuine passion. Today, his reaction to Kanu winning the pen was similar. And as for his goal? Awesome. This lad feels the joy with us and he feels the pain.

Along with Daniel Kanu, who’s showing a similar upturn in form, his improvement was one of the main things I wanted to see from Nathan Jones’ appointment: he’s known as a good coach of young players, and the form of Karoy and Daniel are early signs that he’s going to get this right.

There was another moment when kanu won a slightly lucky free kick on the left from a throw in and Anderson was right over there celebrating. Loved to see that attitude of wanting to win and it's been a long time since I've out players have actually been together fighting as a proper team.
  • Options
    Not sure what Jones has done to him (maybe a confidence thing) but he just looks like he has so much more belief than he did those games after pre season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The commitment and effort he's shown is being rewarded by Jones since his arrival, and sadly rather typical fashion for recent Charlton, we have spent a lot of money on midfielders only for the pick of the bunch to be a kid straight out the academy, shows what employing a proper manager could do and think of the money that could of been used on other areas if we didn't buy 100 CM's in January 

• Options
    PWR but only just as I'm finding it difficult to type as I can't stop shaking...

Just want to say "Arise, Sir Nathan . You and your boys have made an old lady very happy tonight. "

( B*gger ! Meant for the Post Match thread !)
    Always good to hear about a quivering Fanny. 😉
  • Options
    Dare I say it, but I see a shade of Aribo in him.
    He's got some engine. Gets up and down with ease. Only going to get better and better.

Completely different kind of player.
  • Options
    I did say he was going to the top after seeing him play for the youths. The issue for him is he has had to get used to savvy opponents using the dark arts on him. That is probably a bit unfair but rather than let him do his stuff they will make contact. It is a learning curve and it probably helps when he is given a job that suits his game. We seem to be seeing the benefits of that. I think we have three nailed on going to the top players. Kanu, Asiimwe and Anderson. Kanu and Anderson are well on the way and maybe next season will be the one for Asiimwe. 
  • Options
    He was always going to be a good player, could see it at the start of the season, but because we wasn't doing to well, he was a bit of a scapegoat. Well played Anderson! Keep improving.. 

When he come in to the squad at the start of the season, some people within the club commented, he could be one of the best players to ever come through the academy, and he reminds them off Scott Parker, all action style. Not to say he will be, but I think he will go to play at the top! Still very young, let's not forget!
  • Options
    said at the start of the season that by season's end he would be a regular first teamer, he's now the first inked in name on the team sheet .. his value now is many millions .. we MUST NOT cash in during the summer though !!