Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CONFIRMED - Terry Taylor - Signs on a 3 year deal

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Its been quiet on the Terry Taylor front for a long time. Had to go back pages to find this.
    I thought a couple of months ago he was back in training ? 
    Has he gone back to the treatment room with his old long term roommate Chuks?
    Nothing has been said to suggest he's injured, we just have a lot of midfielders so he's down the pecking order a bit
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Its been quiet on the Terry Taylor front for a long time. Had to go back pages to find this.
    I thought a couple of months ago he was back in training ? 
    Has he gone back to the treatment room with his old long term roommate Chuks?
    Nothing has been said to suggest he's injured, we just have a lot of midfielders so he's down the pecking order a bit
    Admittedly the club have a lot of midfielders but thought  he would have made the bench at least once  by now.  Seems then he might be surplus to requirements without hardly kicking a ball.
    Shame , I was quite enjoying the wait until Terry Taylor is fit, will be like a new signing quotes.
  • Options
    I've seen him in the background of training ground images.
  • Options
    Jones clearly likes playing a settled midfield and Taylor isn't exactly the type to change a game off the bench with his energy like Bakinson or Camara. Can see him working in a double pivot with Coventry next season
  • Options
    If he's fit (and I've no idea), he's presumably behind Coventry and Dobson at the moment - when Dobson leaves and he's had a pre-season, maybe he'll get another chance.
  • Options
    Wouldn’t surprise me if he leaves along with the majority of this squad. 

Jones will make big changes this summer. 
  • Options
    It’s a bit of a mystery this one. 
  • Options
    It’s a bit of a mystery this one. 
    I don’t see where he’d fit in, he’s recovering from a major injury and we have a big squad with only a few out injured. You can’t leave Bakinson out after scoring midweek, and you’d generally have a GK, CB, FB, CM, winger and striker on the bench which only leaves one more spot. Makes sense that it’s another attacking player so you have more options to change a game.
  • Options
    As his old relative used to say, “Keep ‘em peeled…”, that’s all we can do with this mystery!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It'll be interesting to see if we win another game or two relatively quickly, if the likes of Taylor will be given a couple of games to show what they're all about before the end of the season. Similarly with Hector
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    It'll be interesting to see if we win another game or two relatively quickly, if the likes of Taylor will be given a couple of games to show what they're all about before the end of the season. Similarly with Hector
    I'm also thinking the goalkeeper
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Wouldn’t surprise me if he leaves along with the majority of this squad. 

Jones will make big changes this summer. 
    NJ-expect the unexpected
  • Options
    With George Dobson heading east we need to know if Terry Taylor is a contender to take his place in the 18 or even be a starter ?

Agree with Swisdom about Miles as the psychological effect of 3 big injuries in two years will be better served by him having a break from all the physio and rehab and being refreshed to join the pre season training; Leaburn for the sake of his career really needs to stay fit for 30 odd games or more in 24/25. For Cafc hopefully 🤞
  • Options
    I think we might see Taylor last few games of the season. I've still got high hopes for him being someone that can play a major role for us , it's just about properly managing his return as he's had absolutely no luck so far with injuries.

Fiorini was just an odd signing and I don't think Jones especially rates him or Louie Watson it seems. 
  • Options
    Kind of expect for Bakinson/Camera & Ladapo to drop off from the first team scene once we get through the Easter period. Maybe Taylor might return closer to the end of the season for some minutes. 
  • Options
    Am I mad for wanting to see a Coventry, Taylor, Fiorini midfield a couple of times before the end of the season?
    With respect, I do fear the answer to this is yes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 15
    With George Dobson heading east we need to know if Terry Taylor is a contender to take his place in the 18 or even be a starter ?

Agree with Swisdom about Miles as the psychological effect of 3 big injuries in two years will be better served by him having a break from all the physio and rehab and being refreshed to join the pre season training; Leaburn for the sake of his career really needs to stay fit for 30 odd games or more in 24/25. For Cafc hopefully 🤞
    I'm hoping with Leaburn it's just a case of him still growing into that substantial frame of his and being asked to play a few too many games back to back at such young age. Hopefully it'll settle down for him as he matures and we build a squad where he isn't so heavily relied upon. 
  • Options
    Am I mad for wanting to see a Coventry, Taylor, Fiorini midfield a couple of times before the end of the season?
    I don't sense Fiorini is in NJ's plans at all, but I would imagine we will see Taylor at some point, if he is actually fit. We're close to the edge of the woods, but we're not quite out of them yet so any experimenting will probably have to wait a few more weeks yet.
  • Options
    Wibble GIF - Wibble - Discover  Share GIFs

• Options
    Not writing him off of course, but similarly I'm not exactly waiting for Taylor to come in as some sort of L1 star in waiting. 

He was apparently "highly rated" but so were Lavelle, Kirk, DJ, Edun, Camara, Ladapo etc, so I won't get excited until he actually does it on the pitch 

It would be nice for him to get some games this season in a no pressure situation to show his worth 
  • Options
    Don’t expect to see Ness, Taylor, Fiorini, and Watson again this season. Maybe even Edun depending on whether Ramsay is back sooner or later.

It’s interesting how Asiimwe has come in to the squad with Edun dropping out despite having REG who can play at right-wing back if Watson needs to come off.
  • Options
    Out of the squad of ‘first team’ players. How many of these are you expecting to be here for the start of next season?

GK: Isted, Maynard-Brewer, Ward

RB: Watson, Ramsay, Asiimwe, Chin
    LB: Small, Edun
    CB: Jones, Hector, Edmonds-Green, Gillesphey, Thomas, Ness, Mitchell

CM: Dobson, Coventry, Anderson, Taylor, Bakinson, Camara, L.Watson, Fiorini, Fraser, McGrandles, Payne, Henry

RW/LW: LuaLua, Campbell, Jaiyesimi

ST: May, Kanu, Aneke, Leaburn, Wickham, Ladapo

37 players in that list. Many out on loan or in on loan. A big chunk of them are out of contract.

I anticipate there being around 17 of the 37 from that list still here at the start of the new season. A huge turnover in players. A really interesting few months ahead.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Out of the squad of ‘first team’ players. How many of these are you expecting to be here for the start of next season?

CM: Dobson, Coventry, Anderson, Taylor, Bakinson, Camara, L.Watson, Fiorini, Fraser, McGrandles, Payne, Henry

37 players in that list. Many out on loan or in on loan. A big chunk of them are out of contract.

I anticipate there being around 17 of the 37 from that list still here at the start of the new season. A huge turnover in players. A really interesting few months ahead.
    I think it might be something like this but so tough to predict. 
  • Options
    edited March 16
    Sage said:

Above would mean 19 left but would not be surprised if Assimwe and Mitchell were loaned out leaving your 17 number.  Then get in 5-7 really top class elite players and we are good to go

The likes of Henry and Edun may remain as they are contracted and might be difficult to shift.  I am sure we would move on Aneke if we could but I don't see it. 
  • Options
    Yeah because it sounds rubbish lol