Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CONFIRMED - Terry Taylor - Signs on a 3 year deal

Comments

• Options
    On OS, needs a scan when feeling better 
  • Options
    Passed backwards every single time yesterday despite having time and space on a number of occasions. Poor. 
  • Options
    Was out for 4 months last season. Came to us not match fit and has been out injured 3 times in 6 weeks. Hope not another McGrandles in the making.
  • Options
    One was a head injury .. he a player who put himself about so likey to get more knocks then most .. but that’s his game 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Was out for 4 months last season. Came to us not match fit and has been out injured 3 times in 6 weeks. Hope not another McGrandles in the making.
    That is the reality of his situation, rather than all the pretty quotes and graphs on twitter.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    If everyone is fit then Dobson Camara and Fraser has to be the best three. Possibly the best three in the division. 
    Hm, not convinced about that. We always seem to overrate our players (me included). Fraser blows hot and cold, haven’t seen enough of Camara, and there are plenty of teams who’ll be top six who’ll probably have better midfield threes than them. Just my opinion of course. 
    Perhaps it might be a different story in a couple of months when we know more about the new signings. Right now Dobson is the only automatic starter for me. I like the look of Louie Watson, Camara impressed, Chem Campbell looked lively, but let’s see what happens over the next six weeks. 
    In fact we have two home games this week. It’s going to be interesting to see who steps up. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Valley11 said:
    If everyone is fit then Dobson Camara and Fraser has to be the best three. Possibly the best three in the division. 
    Hm, not convinced about that. We always seem to overrate our players (me included). Fraser blows hot and cold, haven’t seen enough of Camara, and there are plenty of teams who’ll be top six who’ll probably have better midfield threes than them. Just my opinion of course. 
    Perhaps it might be a different story in a couple of months when we know more about the new signings. Right now Dobson is the only automatic starter for me. I like the look of Louie Watson, Camara impressed, Chem Campbell looked lively, but let’s see what happens over the next six weeks. 
    In fact we have two home games this week. It’s going to be interesting to see who steps up. 

I agree about Fraser .  He can be good - usually against poor sides but he can be anonymous . 
  • Options
    Feeling a lot like McGrandles last season, never got going and picking up further injuries.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come to Charlton for all your operations.  Rest and recuperate in the sedate and undemanding surroundings of League One obscurity.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Real shame that. He's young though, hopefully we can get him going again. He seems really enthusiastic about being a Charlton player and you can't fault that
  • Options
    A shame for him, as he is highly rated but we so far have not really got to see that.

At least midfield is once area we are not short. 
  • Options
    This is what happens when you sign players who aren't fully fit or haven't had a full pre-season. 
  • Options
    A shame for him, as he is highly rated but we so far have not really got to see that.

Admittedly it was brief but I wasn't a fan of Dobson and Taylor together. So as much as I obviously don't want to see Taylor injured, I'm not too gutted that we won't see it further (for a while at least). I hope he's able to make a speedy recovery and come back stronger. 
  • Options

Admittedly it was brief but I wasn't a fan of Dobson and Taylor together. So as much as I obviously don't want to see Taylor injured, I'm not too gutted that we won't see it further (for a while at least). I hope he's able to make a speedy recovery and come back stronger. 
    TT doesn’t get in ahead of L Watson but Dobbo will eventually get an injury and we are short of cover without TT
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

TT doesn’t get in ahead of L Watson but Dobbo will eventually get an injury and we are short of cover without TT
    I agree, TT looks like the back-up (and maybe long-term heir) to Dobson. Hopefully if he can get out of his injury crisis he'll be back soon that Dobson can be rested to try and give him a break if needed.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    wmcf123 said:

I agree, TT looks like the back-up (and maybe long-term heir) to Dobson. Hopefully if he can get out of his injury crisis he'll be back soon that Dobson can be rested to try and give him a break if needed.
    Dobbo is one booking away from a 1 match ban anyway
  • Options
    Have been underwhelmed so far but leaves us a bit light for a CDM if Dobson is out. When is McGrandles back? I guess he'd be the next likely replacement. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The club can confirm that Terry Taylor has undergone successful surgery on his ankle following an injury sustained during the Addicks' recent Sky Bet League One fixture at Shrewsbury Town.

The midfielder is now expected to be sidelined for three to four months.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/terry-taylor-undergoes-successful-ankle-surgery
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    wmcf123 said:

Dobbo is one booking away from a 1 match ban anyway
    Oh really? Didn't realise he was as close as that. Not sure who else is fit for that role right now, I guess L Watson is the closest thing we have available.
  • Options
    Sounds a good lad. The Club are being more transparent of late about injuries and expected period out. 

The leakage of medical records doesn't seem to be outraging anybody.
  • Options
    This is what happens when you sign players who aren't fully fit or haven't had a full pre-season. 
    It also happens every week to a player somewhere, some of whom had a full pre-season. 
    The ones who we have had most trouble with so far this season are those who were either injured at the end of last season and/or did not have a full pre season-Camara, Jones, T Watson, T Taylor, Edun.

Leaburn and Fraser got early injuries as well, but are in the minority. So Golfie is right.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Three to Four months is a shocker and this has been a poor start to his career at Cafc.
    I wish him well in his recovery and hope he hasn't taken the Charlton injury curse from Lewis Page who only managed 27 app in 4 seasons.

Signing both McGrandles and Terry Taylor with an injury seems to backfire on Cafc even though the subsequent injuries they incurred were different.

Stoke signed Alfie Spanner from Charlton when he had a bad hamstring injury and considering Alfie's USP was his speed, that was a risk. 
    He's at Luton now, so living the dream 🤔

• Options
    edited January 16
    Hope he can kick start his career here now... Very much a repeat of McGrandles so far, the poor sod
  • Options
    Hope he can kick start his career here now... Very much a repeat of McGrandles so far, the poor sod
    It’s funny as he was spoken about in the same regards to Leaburn, but like him also seems to have his injury issues.

Be interesting to see where he fits into the team now with the new midfielders. 
  • Options
    He can hopefully provide some attacking threat in the centre of pitch I think it will be him and this new lad from city sharing that more attacking role