Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CONFIRMED - Terry Taylor - Signs on a 3 year deal

Comments

• Options
    He can hopefully provide some attacking threat in the centre of pitch I think it will be him and this new lad from city sharing that more attacking role 
    Thought he was more defensive? 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    He can hopefully provide some attacking threat in the centre of pitch I think it will be him and this new lad from city sharing that more attacking role 
    Maybe you’re right, I think I’m getting mixed up. I seem to remember people talking about his set piece ability 
  • Options
    Hopefully he can show what he's got and stay fit. Was quite excited when he signed and definitely see him as a strong option for the 3rd CM slot with Fiorini and Bakinson. 
  • Options
    Taylor was an exciting signing and having him return all joking aside will be like a new signing. Him, Coventry, Fiorini, Dobson, and Bakinson plus Camara when he’s back will be quite a strong midfield to select from. 
    I know he’s not shown it yet but Mcgrandles I think could show what he’s about too. He did very well under MA previously 
    True but I get the feeling that he might be going in the summer.
  • Options
    I know this isn't the Mcgrandles thread but will be interesting to see how he fits back in too. A lot of competition even if Fraser goes and Anderson is loaned out 

• Options
    Taylor was an exciting signing and having him return all joking aside will be like a new signing. Him, Coventry, Fiorini, Dobson, and Bakinson plus Camara when he’s back will be quite a strong midfield to select from. 
    I know he’s not shown it yet but Mcgrandles I think could show what he’s about too. He did very well under MA previously 
    I thought he's looked much better when he appeared after Appleton took over, again been unlucky in that regard with fitness
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s loaned out if we keep Dobson in this window. 
  • Options
    Good luck lad, it's almost feels like we have a first team squad of 76 if they ALL came back from injury... A&Ekee excepted of course, because that would be a crazy proposition.
  • Options
    Will it be Taylor, McGrandles or Camara playing as a No 9 this season, when we fail to bring someone in  ;)
  • Options
    I think we have 10 central midfielders when they're all fit (lol etc). Dobson, Fraser, McGrandles, Bakinson, Fiorini, Anderson, Taylor, Watson, Camara and Coventry. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see Taylor at all this season. He was put back in early at the start of this season and he was pretty poor, so he's obviously not a player who benefits from playing while unfit. I think we'd be better off just getting him shaped up for the rest of the season, maybe putting him in towards the end to get a bit more match practice into him.
  • Options
    Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s loaned out if we keep Dobson in this window. 
    More likely it would mean Karoy can get a loan.

I think the plan is to play with two deeper lying midfielders. One more a sitting/playmaking type, one a bit more all action and box to box(ish). Probably Coventry and Taylor more fit the first role and Dobson and Bakinson the latter so it gives us competition and options which is good.

Hopefully Taylor can push on from here because he seems to be well rated generally by those who know more about League One and things outside Charlton than I do.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Maybe you’re right, I think I’m getting mixed up. I seem to remember people talking about his set piece ability 
    In the limited playing time he’s had since joining us, he certainly looked capable of taking a decent corner. Something we’ve been lacking for years. Fingers crossed he gets a decent run of games on his return. 
  • Options
    Glad he’s back training and I hope he can now get a good run of it. No need to rush him, plenty of options ahead of him in Dobson, Coventry & Bakinson. 
  • Options
    He looked a good signing, and one for the future when we brought him in. Shit luck with injuries obviously but he always felt like "Dobbo Insurance." Between him and Coventry, if both comes good it feels like it will be two of three from them. And for as much as I love Dobbo, Coventry and Taylor seem better equipped to play on the half turn and in tight spaces, even if they aren't quite as good at breaking up play. 
  • Options
    Will it be Taylor, McGrandles or Camara playing as a No 9 this season, when we fail to bring someone in  ;)
    A narrow 0-10-0 looks the best bet at the moment 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What happened to this guy?
  • Options
    Think he's just being managed back. We've got enough midfielders that he doesn't really need to be rushed. Would think he gets on the bench for one of the next 3. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Think he's just being managed back. We've got enough midfielders that he doesn't really need to be rushed. Would think he gets on the bench for one of the next 3. 
    Or will he have another run out in the under 23?
  • Options
    Maybe he’s not any good like most of the other signings from the last 9 months ?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Or will he have another run out in the under 23?

Yeah if he's not involved on Saturday with the first team I'd expect to see him with the Under 23s next week. 
  • Options
    Under 23s? Do we have such a team?
  • Options
    All these players I keep thinking could do a job for us in L2 next season  :D
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    How will he even get on the bench, unless we fill it with midfielders?
  • Options
    Didn't play in U21's yesterday or make first team squad which is a bit odd.
  • Options
    Its been quiet on the Terry Taylor front for a long time. Had to go back pages to find this.
    I thought a couple of months ago he was back in training ? 
    Has he gone back to the treatment room with his old long term roommate Chuks?