Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 23/24

Comments

• Options
    Dan Burn, lifelong fan scoring against PSG on his clubs home return to the Champions League.
    Two Geordies have now scored for them
  • Options
    PSG got such a talented side but when you play L’Oreint and Clermont then how do you raise the intensity for Newcastle away?
  • Options
    What a performance from the Geordies.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Love watching this Newcastle team and they are currently 4-1 up, but I can't help but notice Nick Pope's kicking. It's awful.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Newcastle got such a talented side but when you play Luton and Burnley then how do you raise the intensity for PSG at  home

To be fair, Newcastle have actually had a tough opening 10 games - ignoring the likes of Sheffield Utd, Burnley and even Brentford for that matter, they've had City (twice), Liverpool, Villa, Brighton, Milan and PSG 
  • Options
    Love watching this Newcastle team and they are currently 4-1 up, but I can't help but notice Nuck Pope's kicking. It's awful.
    I was about to post similar just before Schär scored. Pope kicked three goal kicks in a row straight into touch.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    re FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 - Final - Page 3 - Football Soccer
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Newcastle got such a talented side but when you play Luton and Burnley then how do you raise the intensity for PSG at  home

You’re jesting?
  • Options
    Is it seriously being suggested the bottom of the French farmers league is as competitive as the prem? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PSG got such a talented side but when you play L’Oreint and Clermont then how do you raise the intensity for Newcastle away?
    Ironic that you picked two teams PSG failed to beat (or even score against) this season.
  • Options
    Dan Burn, lifelong fan scoring against PSG on his clubs home return to the Champions League.
    Fair play to him. Released by Fulham at 24, and at 26 was playing for Wigan in league one.

A lesson to all players not to give up on your dream.
  • Options
    Is it seriously being suggested the bottom of the French farmers league is as competitive as the prem? 
    No 
  • Options
    What I like about the way Howe and the owners have managed the club, is that they haven't just brought in a team of foreign superstars. By having that Geordie connection in the team, their success feels more organic, despite the massive spending with Saudi money.
  • Options
    What I like about the way Howe and the owners have managed the club, is that they haven't just brought in a team of foreign superstars. By having that Geordie connection in the team, their success feels more organic, despite the massive spending with Saudi money.
    They've spent a lot but it's not felt that "kid in a sweetshop" like it could have.

Seem to be taking a leaf out of City's book and signing 22, 23 year olds with potential rather than expensive 30 year olds looking for a last payday.
  • Options
    Tonali will turn out to be the best bit of business they do, he's only 23 and had been bossing AC Milans midfield and has some engine on him
  • Options
    Fair play to him. Released by Fulham at 24, and at 26 was playing for Wigan in league one.

A lesson to all players not to give up on your dream.
    Macauley Bonne will be chuffed to bits about hearing that!
  • Options
    Good game to watch that, last night.  When they got the first, jeez, the noise!

Good luck to them.  Dont have any ill will towards Newcastle (apart from horrible 7-1 and 5-1 defeats up there!)
    Would much rather see them do well over United and of course, them lot at the over end of the Seven Sisters Road!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Good luck to them.  Dont have any ill will towards Newcastle (apart from horrible 7-1 and 5-1 defeats up there!)
    Would much rather see them do well over United and of course, them lot at the over end of the Seven Sisters Road!
    I fear this will not be our viewpoint in 6-7 years.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I fear this will not be our viewpoint in 6-7 years.
    Probably right. At the moment they seem to avoid any hatred because they've spent really well and Howe is using a squad that still has a lot of the old squad there. However i believe a large part of that is down to FFP and old sponsorship deals meaning they're not actually able to spend fortunes yet.

A few years at the top, a bunch of Saudi sponsorship deals and a squad of 50m+ signings later and most people will hate them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love watching this Newcastle team and they are currently 4-1 up, but I can't help but notice Nuck Pope's kicking. It's awful.
    I was about to post similar just before Schär scored. Pope kicked three goal kicks in a row straight into touch.

Deano, Deano.
  • Options
    Heading up to Celtic on Weds for the game against Atlético de Madrid.
  • Options
    Heading up to Celtic on Weds for the game against Atlético de Madrid.
    Sounds like a great one to be at!
  • Options
    I must add - as a massive believer and supporter in our national team - we will have to be at our very best to beat France next summer.

I probably saw a good third of their starting line up last night - and there is some stunning talent there. The only other European line up to go toe to toe with us. And with a better defence.

Dembele, Mbappe, and Kolo Muani were all mouthwateringly good. But the one to watch was Zaire-Emery. He ran the show at just 17 years old - brilliant talent. 
  • Options
    Man Utd in serious danger of not only failing to qualify out of the group, but of also not even qualifying for the Europa.

They're bottom and now have to go away to Galatasaray and then play Bayern at home, although having already qualified Bayern might rest players.
  • Options
    That was never a red for Rashford. 

Not even a yellow for me 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Not even a yellow for me 
    Overreached, stamped on the guys ankle, using force, always going to be a red in this day and age, regardless of if he meant any malice or not. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    sam3110 said:
    MrOneLung said:

Not even a yellow for me 
    Overreached, stamped on the guys ankle, using force, always going to be a red in this day and age, regardless of if he meant any malice or not. 
    He wasn't even looking at the defender so to call it a 'stamp' is crazy. You can't stamp on someones ankle when you don't even know it's there. At worst it should be a yellow, but very harsh to give a red.

Of course the ref looks at a still image of the moment of impact and it looks really bad so he gives a red but for me he should take the circumstances into account.