Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 23/24

Comments

• Options
    If you're looking or not you can still motion your foot down in a stamping motion.

Rashford was stamping his foot down Infront of the ball to try and shield it from the defender, overreached with his leg and ended up "stamping" on the guys ankle. Like I said, no malice involved and it's unfortunate but it's a red all day in the age of VAR
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    MrOneLung said:
    That was never a red for Rashford. 

Not even a yellow for me 
    where's the shoulder shrug gif...

Had to laugh when Copenhagen got the winner.  Nevermind.
  • Options
    Only good thing for them is Hojlund looks a decent player (although I'm sure they'll beat that out of him soon).

If he played for a club with a functioning midfield and any sort of service, he'd be dangerous.
  • Options
    Only good thing for them is Hojlund looks a decent player (although I'm sure they'll beat that out of him soon).

If he played for a club with a functioning midfield and any sort of service, he'd be dangerous.
    Chelsea should've gone for him instead of Jackson. Hojlund is 2 years younger and a miles better striker.
  • Options

Chelsea should've gone for him instead of Jackson. Hojlund is 2 years younger and a miles better striker.

He would be great for Arsenal or Spurs.
  • Options

He did cost twice as much as Jackon, not that Chelsea seem to care much about high prices.

I think Hojlund was actually a United fan and really wanted to move there, which is quite endearing these days.  One player I'd like to see do well for a big team.
  • Options
    Absolutely scandalous penalty given to PSG in the 97th minute.

Ball hits Livramento's body, then bounces onto his arm (which is in a totally natural position). Pen given. I thought you weren't allowed to give them for that?
  • Options
    edited November 2023

Ball hits Livramento's body, then bounces onto his arm (which is in a totally natural position). Pen given. I thought you weren't allowed to give them for that?

In the Premier league that wouldn't be a penalty but unfortunately for some reason uefa decided not to implement that ruling.
    Obviously none of the EX players including Shearer realized that.
    Weird why there are different interpretations between the PL and uefa when the ball hits your body first before hitting an arm.
  • Options

In the Premier league that wouldn't be a penalty but unfortunately for some reason uefa decided not to implement that ruling.
    Weird why there are different interpretations between the PL and uefa when the ball hits your body first before hitting an arm.
    Who says there are different interpretations?

UEFA have stood down the VAR who made the decision last night so clearly they don't think there is a different interpretation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely the VAR guy didn't make the decision though, he showed the ref and the ref did.

The ref could still have said nope, not a penalty.
  • Options
    Surely the VAR guy didn't make the decision though, he showed the ref and the ref did.

The ref could still have said nope, not a penalty.
    Shouldn't have shown him in the first place. 

The whole point of VAR is to point out clear and obvious errors.

When they call the ref over to the screen they are essentially pointing out to him what he got wrong, like when your boss points out what you input wrong on your data sheet at work, or when you open up a burger in Maccy D's and point the pickle out to the non-plussed worker there when you "specifically said no pickles!"

• Options
    Mental how quickly the Semi-Automated Offside worked in the Galatasaray vs Man Utd game

I forgot it was a think in UEFA Competitions, and was baffled as to how a decision was made so soon.

Really needs to be in the Premier League from next season!!
  • Options
    edited November 2023

UEFA have stood down the VAR who made the decision last night so clearly they don't think there is a different interpretation.

A BBC sports journalist said there was a difference 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Why didn't the so called top ref tell VAR he was incorrect ?
  • Options
    lol! Man Utd are gonna do it again
  • Options
    lol! Man Utd are gonna do it again
    Oh I really hope so, especially if they lose to Bayern last game and don't even get the Europa spot
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Great attacking and the defences all at sea.
    Excellent game to watch when both teams attack, attack, attack.
    3-3 with United scoring and conceded for fun yet again in Europe.
  • Options
    Haha this game is amazing... How the hell didn't United just score
  • Options
    Man U keeper must come from the same "keeper stable" as the clown Duchatalet gave us
  • Options
    Onana was quality at Inter and Ajax though. 

Why is he so poor now ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's just the Manchester United virus
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Why is he so poor now ? 
    Having to play behind Maguire and Lindelof doesn't help. 
  • Options
    United have scored 3 goals in all 3 of their away group games.........and have got 1 point.
  • Options
    Away to Braga, Inter Milan have gone from 3-0 down to 3-3 within 20 minutes. 
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Man U keeper must come from the same "keeper stable" as the clown Duchatalet gave us

He was excellent for Inter Milan last season.
    Hero to Zero is instant for keepers.
  • Options

James Richardson on TNT said they have heard that VAR guy wasn't stood down over the late penalty against Newcastle but the earlier one not given against Gordon!
  • Options
    Watched the United game, they had Robbie Savage and Rio Ferdinand as co-commentators.

Never stopped talking like over excited schoolboys.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    sam3110 said:
    MrOneLung said:

Why is he so poor now ? 
    Having to play behind Maguire and Lindelof doesn't help. 
    Not quite sure you can blame either for some of the shit he's done this season. Woeful goalkeeper. De Gea won the golden glove last season!
  • Options
    Could be a long night for Man U. Despite having already won the group by a mile, Bayern have gone full strength. To go through, United need to win and hope the other game ends in a draw.

United's starting lineup isn't bad, but if it's not working their bench is very limited. 2 keepers, 3 defenders + 5 youngsters.
  • Options
    United look so toothless upfront.