Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 23/24

Comments

• Options
    Barca down to 10, the break PSG needed
  • Options
    Maatsen scored, only just turned 22. Feels like a decade ago he played for us on loan 
  • Options
    PSG now level on aggregate. Charltonish defending from Barca, standing off Vitinha.
  • Options
    Lewandoski looked like he was auditioning for a place in our back four on that goal. 
  • Options
    Barca imploding since the sending off
  • Options
    2 good games in progress that could go either way. I'm watching Dortmund v Athletico who have just levelled on the night and lead overall 4-3.
  • Options
    edited April 16
    Exciting game…ref making some brave decisions!! Now 3 reds!!
  • Options
    At this rate, the physio will be the only person left on the Barca bench!
  • Options
    Dortmund now 3-2 on the night. 4-4 overall

• Options
    This is some game. Dortmund now in front.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4-1 PSG, all over
  • Options
    Proper Charlton defending by Barca there. 
  • Options
    Dortmund are through.
  • Options
    Dortmund v PSG is a terrible semi final but you can’t argue with the entertainment. 
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Dortmund are through.
    Big blow to the English sides hopes that 5th will get Champions League. 

Arsenal-Bayern is massive for that now.
  • Options
    It'll be interesting to see how Eric Dier gets on. He has his flaws, but England are weak at CB.
  • Options
    Annoying, as its one of those nights where I want to watch both games
  • Options
    Rodrygo always turns up in the big games.
  • Options
    The pace of this City-Madrid game is incredible. 
  • Options
    Rodrygo always turns up in the big games.
    Very underrated player, goes under the radar as there's flashier names in Real Madrid and Brazil, but he's been fantastic for them for a while now and is only 23 still
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 17
    So are the fake big club, cheats, crashing out to a genuine historic big club in Madrid?

Longer it goes on how will Pep react?

I had a feeling both City and Arsenal would go out tonight….. really not sure at the moment though.
  • Options
    Aren’t Man City bankrolled by UAE oil money as opposed to Real Madrid who’ve had government hand outs 

Man City averaged near 30k in the third tier that’s a big club]
    48k against Charlton to get promoted to top flight in 1985 before football was trendy is pretty big 

as long as the owners put the dough in and it’s not loaned I don’t see a problem with big spending 
  • Options
    edited April 17
    Got no problem with Man City... the typical elite seem to want a closed shop so they can never truly be challenged, or kicked out of the top table. Thats all the current Financial rules are designed for
  • Options
    Bayern score
  • Options
    Poor defending all round from the arse. Lazy from Ben White in trying to stop the cross.
  • Options
    Arsenal always bottle big games
  • Options
    Bottlers, fucking north London wankers
  • Options
    edited April 17
    So are the fake big club, cheats, crashing out to a genuine historic big club in Madrid?

Longer it goes on how will Pep react?

I had a feeling both City and Arsenal would go out tonight….. really not sure at the moment though.
    yeah those plucky Madrid minnows

nothing to see here 

from the independent 

The property deal that helped Real Madrid pay for players such as Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldo and David Beckham is being looked into by the EU, who may order the club to repay some of the money.

Real's president, Florentino Perez, sold their 15-hectare training ground in the heart of fashionable Madrid to city and regional authorities for a staggering £290m in 2001. The sale helped clear the club's £177m debt, and left enough to pay unprecedented sums for Zidane, Ronaldo, Luis Figo and Beckham. But the European Commission suspects the price was over-inflated and included a hidden public subsidy for what has been seen since the Franco era as Spain's official state-sponsored club.

• Options
    Got no problem with Man City... the typical elite seem to want a closed shop so they can never truly be challenged, or kicked out of the top table. Thats all the current Financial rules are designed for
    Nah - fuck em. Cheats and they always had a chip on their shoulder when we battered them to the Championship title. And then humiliated them 4-0 first game of the prem season. 

They are basically an FFP cheating Sunderland or Sheff Weds in my book. Biggish club but well above their station.

Meanwhile we have been stuck watching this cold cup of sick for the last decade or so. 

So I will crawl back into my bitter old hole and think about Kinsella smashing it into the top corner for 3-0…
    Nah nothing will beat Claus Jensen's lob when the ball smashed against him ;)