Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holden sacked?! (Ed. Yes - Confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    follett said:
    I’d be worried we might go for Lee Johnson given he’s worked with Methven before and left Hibs today 
    Oh fuck sake. That makes too much sense.

I was hoping Darren Moore but we can dream!
  • Options
    I never thought I’d be the person to say this, even with all the manager shit we have been through *cough* Karel Fraeye *cough*, and I’m not necessarily upset Holden has gone as to me most managers sound like they are just a variation of a theme and it is what is on the pitch is all I care about.

But if Lee Johnson comes in as manager it stinks and I think I might need a Charlton time out.
    I wasn't being serious about him being an option, but he has been sacked!
    I didn’t say you were being serious or even respond to your comment as it has been mentioned across social media in general. Considering his previous with CM, it does not take a huge leap of faith to think it could possibly happen. 
    Oh no!
  • Options
    It will be lee Johnson 😢
  • Options
    If it does turn out to be true then its a crap decision. New manager has no time to assess his squad before the transfer window closes. He will be stuck with players he doesn't want & maybe wont fit into his system of play.  

Might as well just stick with Holden until xmas.   
    If a new manager knows how to set a team up.
    Can improve the non existent defence and knows how to attack and defend at set pieces we could be miles better off.
    Big word IF.

Adkins couldn't
    Jackson couldn't
    Garner couldn't

And the latter was dealing with basically the same players.

Fwiw. My sons choice would be either Darren Moore or Chris Wilder. But neither would touch us with a barge pole. 
  • Options
    Has Johnson been sacked as well? 
  • Options
    If true, I think it's the right decision. He's floundering and while there's a lot of other things wrong at the club, he's not getting the bits he's responsible for right. If not, he's a very lucky boy and it's only a matter of time.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Has Johnson been sacked as well? 
    Unfortunately he has - worrying timing
  • Options
    follett said:
    I’d be worried we might go for Lee Johnson given he’s worked with Methven before. We go into meltdown if it happens 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does feel like the problem has to be deeper than just the management. Can't work out what it is though as we've had high player churn too. The squad for the last couple of years have just seemed so unbothered 
  • Options
    I don’t want that little prick Johnson
  • Options
    That team selection was awful yesterday…..he lost the plot 
  • Options
    Circus if true
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    He's gone.

Nice guy but it's a results business . Personally i would have given him a few more games but that transfer window shuts soon and i suspect the timing is because of that .

The worst possible time to get a manager but it's hardly a surprise. I hope they have someone lined up and can bring his own players and coaching staff in in the next five days.

• Options
    So will we have a manager in before transfer window shuts. To have a say on players etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I dont know anything about Johnson - why dont people like him?
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Nile John coming back on loan 😉😆
  • Options
    So will this be used as another reason for not signing players this week?
  • Options
    If it does turn out to be true then its a crap decision. New manager has no time to assess his squad before the transfer window closes. He will be stuck with players he doesn't want & maybe wont fit into his system of play.  

Might as well just stick with Holden until xmas.   
    If a new manager knows how to set a team up.
    Can improve the non existent defence and knows how to attack and defend at set pieces we could be miles better off.
    Big word IF.

Adkins couldn't
    Jackson couldn't
    Garner couldn't

And the latter was dealing with basically the same players.

Fwiw. My sons choice would be either Darren Moore or Chris Wilder. But neither would touch us with a barge pole. 
    Wilder has been in kinda free fall recently, his final season with Sheff Utd onwards has been pretty poor. Would take him in a heartbeat though 
  • Options
    Don’t know much about Johnson - why the strong reaction & hate? Genuine question! Don’t shoot !
  • Options
    I do think Holden was given a bit more leeway as he comes across a really nice bloke, takeover delays and we put in a decent performance at Old Trafford.

But the start of the season has been poor and doesn't look like improving so better to make a change now than delay the inevitable 2 months down the line 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    I dont know anything about Johnson - why dont people like him?
    He’s a Gobby little shite.
    But he could be our gobby little shite like Robinson