Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holden sacked?! (Ed. Yes - Confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    I’d have Powell or Curbishley
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    mad that fans were told before journos could confirm. doesn’t exactly fill you with confidence 
    Is it any surprise? Methven and co have been using people on here, the other forum, and Twitter to share their comments etc for months. I’m sure in the next 24 hours, they’ll be plenty shared by those people, putting 99% blame on this season so far on Holden. 
    really clutching at straws here but the one positive is they’ll have seen what people think of Johnson and who they’d prefer. doesn’t give me much hope they’ll listen mind 
  • Options
    If it’s Johnson or Nathan Jones I’ll start supporting Millwall. 
  • Options
    I dont know anything about Johnson - why dont people like him?
    Me neither.

My main angle is how good a manager is he? 

I’m guessing if he’s just been sacked for poor performance and league start he might be a hard sell to the consortium who have just sacked another manager for the same reason?

Clearly people don’t like his height, personality, attitude and similarity to a weasel.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    mad that fans were told before journos could confirm. doesn’t exactly fill you with confidence 
    Is it any surprise? Methven and co have been using people on here, the other forum, and Twitter to share their comments etc for months. I’m sure in the next 24 hours, they’ll be plenty shared by those people, putting 99% blame on this season so far on Holden. 
    Exactly 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    RedChaser said:
    He’s a Gobby little shite.
    Just like Bowyer then.....
    You should apply to join the Trust Board 
    Eh?  I don't get it. 🤔
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    He’s a Gobby little shite.
    Don't be so hard on yourself.
    Talking of which 😉
    I thought I got away with my swipe! Damn and blast.
  • Options
    I said Neil Harris a couple or three managers ago, nobody could take that seriously probably because of Millwall and all that, but he would be miles more preferable than Johnson or Cowley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fenaddick said:
    When it is their fault for appointing him.
  • Options
    Rather have Dowie than Johnson 

Steady!
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    IdleHans said:
    I'd like to express my opinion that Charlie Methven is a useless slimy arsehole full of just as much shit as the serial uselessnesses that preceded him (just in case he reads this)
    Yes, but what do you  really think of him?!
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Rather have Dowie than Johnson 
    I'd even take Les Reed over him
  • Options
    Who would've done the sacking exactly - how does it work with all the board members, Methwen etc?
    Scott I assume
  • Options
    Mark Bonner for me 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Methen knows Johnson you say?

Lee Johnson TESTS Jimmy Bullards TECHNICAL ability   You Know The  Drill LIVE - YouTube
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Well, if its true that we've sacked yet another manager then I hope all the gobby twats on social media calling for this are happy, for all of 5 minutes before they start cunting off the next incumbent. And rinse and repeat.

Sometimes I feel like I might be getting the Charlton bug back again. But then I realise, again, that one of the main reasons I don't go much any more is because I absolutely detest the mindset of some of our "fans". 
    What a silly post. Imagine wanting a good manager to replace a bad one, absolutely nuts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pearce caretaker till end of season 🤪
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Atleast the potential new manager options are far better now than they have been in recent seasons when we have made our annual new manager appointment.

Would be very encouraged by the likes of Powell or Nathan Jones coming on board.
  • Options
    I’d be happy with Jones, Wilder or Moore. Don’t think any of them are particularly reasonable suggestions though 
  • Options
    There’s no way Jones’ ego lets him drop down to League One
  • Options
    Not going to help if true
    It will if we get Curbishley, Powell or Bowyer, plus half a dozen others that are free and know it's never a good idea to leave yourself with 1 or 0 defenders.
    agree mate , curbs made more sense in 5 mins than ive heard from a charlton manager in 5 years
  • Options
    Reliable Sauce.