Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holden sacked?! (Ed. Yes - Confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    I think they’ve likely got someone lined up with a back room staff. You would hope. Interesting Hayes survives another managerial change. 
  • Options
    Seems harsh to sack Senda and not Hayes. Either way, promoting them to the first team has not only not worked for the first team, it's probably affected the academy too, when Senda was doing a perfectly good job with the U21s.

Also unusual to remove the GK coach Shimmell as well, though his track record can be considered questionable.
  • Options
    Wasn't calling for it to happen, but if it were then the coaches would have to go too and a fresh start, Hayes staying on doesn't quite give us that but there's some room for a new set up at least. 

Nice guy, hasn't been dealt the best of hands this season with injuries and a lack of transfer movement, but it's a similar story to Adkins'  where Holden is persisting with a broken gameplan and just not offering a solution. 
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    But… didn’t this lot bring Holden in?! He’s lasted less than a transfer window of them being in charge. We’re such a basket case of a club.

He’s had one striker!! With Leaburn fit he could have had about 12 points by now.
    Leaburn plays in defence as well now does he ? 
    Just so bored of switching managers. The results have of course been unacceptable, but he’s been without so many first team players already either through injury or lack of fitness. 

As it happens, I think there are a lot of good managers around at the moment.

I’d give it to Powell or Curbs in a heartbeat if they had any interest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wednesday or Utd hand-me-downs. Fate!

Common thing, they're both clubs with promotion success more recently than us. Their boards backed the manager, so.not sure Wilder or Moore, would want our shit show.

• Options
    Now we’ve off loaded all our full backs and started bringing in wing backs, you just know we’ll get a manager who doesn’t play wing backs!

The on-going rebuild continues!
    Edun will be fine at LB, not sure about Asiimwe at RB. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    It’s interesting that they’ve (apparently) sacked the back room staff too. That’s an expensive thing to do, also suggests they have someone lined up who’ll bring their team with them. 
    I don't think Senda was that expensive. I suspect part of the reason he was promoted to the first team in the first place is because he was here and relatively cheap. He didn't seem to be really highly regarded by players and people who regularly watch the youth teams the way others (Hayes) seem to be. 
  • Options
    Playing devil's advocate, I wonder if there is something else going on ? Are certain players leaving the club that Holden refused to countenance? 
  • Options
    That puts and end to any transfer targets being signed. Who would sign now? 
    Won’t have any impact at all. Players sign for the wages and contracts 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Definitely feels like someone has already been lined up. Otherwise getting rid of the goalkeeping coach is a bit odd. 

You’d imagine the new guy has told the club who is and isn’t surplus to requirements on the coaching side. 
    You’d hope so, but I’m not confident, if Holden was a stopgap until they got their man then fair enough.

I always thought Danny Senda being promoted, was a cheap option and excuse to get youngsters in the first team squad.
    If Holden was a stop gap they would not have given him his multiyear contract extension shurely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    SDAddick said:
    se9addick said:
    It’s interesting that they’ve (apparently) sacked the back room staff too. That’s an expensive thing to do, also suggests they have someone lined up who’ll bring their team with them. 
    I don't think Senda was that expensive. I suspect part of the reason he was promoted to the first team in the first place is because he was here and relatively cheap. He didn't seem to be really highly regarded by players and people who regularly watch the youth teams the way others (Hayes) seem to be. 
    Senda was the only one on the coaching staff (non-GK) to have played the game professionally
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    We are fooling ourself if we think we are going to be bring in a few more players this week, and suddenly it’s all going to click.
    That’s why we’re bringing in more than just players…..we bringing in a new manager / whole new set of coaches.
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Are those backroom staff actually coaches ? I've not heard of them . 
    Glyn Shimmell is the goalkeepers' coach. He's actually been kept on by every manager since Bowyer, I think. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Playing devil's advocate, I wonder if there is something else going on ? Are certain players leaving the club that Holden refused to countenance? 
    Imagine it is more to do with the 5 losses in a row and the season already in serious danger of being over soon than anyone would like...
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Bailey said:
    SDAddick said:
    We give the bloke a handful of free signings kids who are not up to the job (yes there’s promise and some stuff they produce is decent but over 90 not enough). You can’t polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter 
    Or you give him Taylor, one of the highest rated young players in the division, and he can't find a spot for him. You give him Edun coming down from the Champ, and he plays him in central midfield. You give him CBT and he makes him a wingback. You give him Alfie May and he has his teams play two touch and lump it. You give him Camara and the team bypasses the midfield by playing it long.

This is not a perfect squad, but it's the best one we've had for a while, it just looks like shit because Holden hasn't found a way to play to their strengths. 
    You neglected to mention, we didn't give him an experienced right back, we didn't give him a replacement Leaburn or Saki, we didn't give him ............ this is more an ownership issue than it is a manager issue, if they do the same to the next one, he won't see Christmas. 
     He wanted to play 3-5-2 so you don't need another winger in theory. Bringing in May was probably seen as a way to make up for JRS' goals. 

Miles will be back soon and while that was a tough blow, Holden had weeks to prepare for it and didn't. You're going to lose players for five or six games at a time. It's League One. You won't always have a direct replacement. And bringing in a Cosgrove to cover for Leaburn until Leaburn is back doesn't make a lot of sense. 

Completely agree about RB, although Holden seemed perfectly content letting Egbo go to the point where Asiimwe was playing ahead of him in pre season. 

It's not a perfect squad, but it's probably better than every team we've faced apart from Oxford. 
  • Options
    S.O.S

Shower of shit