Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holden sacked?! (Ed. Yes - Confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    se9addick said:
    It’s interesting that they’ve (apparently) sacked the back room staff too. That’s an expensive thing to do, also suggests they have someone lined up who’ll bring their team with them. 
    I don't think Senda was that expensive. I suspect part of the reason he was promoted to the first team in the first place is because he was here and relatively cheap. He didn't seem to be really highly regarded by players and people who regularly watch the youth teams the way others (Hayes) seem to be. 
    Oh if it’s just Senda then it won’t have cost a fortune, but the cheap option is normally to sack the manger, let the coaching staff have a crack at it for a couple of matches and see what happens. Something tells me they have a manager + coaching team lines up already.
  • Options
    Right decision.
    The squad may not be the finished article but we could have a £30m squad and still be shite with the dismal coaching and tactical naivety Holden’s responsible for.
    is it? We will just appoint another manager, give him a long contract and then sack him. Lack of investment on the playing side is the problem. 
    You can only coach the players you have - we have a squad full of shit ones…again. 
  • Options
    Darren Moore would get in our team….easy one to sell to the Texan soccer investors.

• Options

Are those backroom staff actually coaches ? I've not heard of them . 
    Glyn Shimmell is the goalkeepers' coach. He's actually been kept on by every manager since Bowyer, I think. 
    He came in 2 years ago. You can tell how quickly things have changed that Adkins was the manager at the time, and Ged Roddy the technical director

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-appoint-millwalls-academy-coach-glyn-shimell-as-andy-marshalls-successor/#google_vignette
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    SDAddick said:
    se9addick said:
    It’s interesting that they’ve (apparently) sacked the back room staff too. That’s an expensive thing to do, also suggests they have someone lined up who’ll bring their team with them. 
    I don't think Senda was that expensive. I suspect part of the reason he was promoted to the first team in the first place is because he was here and relatively cheap. He didn't seem to be really highly regarded by players and people who regularly watch the youth teams the way others (Hayes) seem to be. 
    Oh if it’s just Senda then it won’t have cost a fortune, but the cheap option is normally to sack the manger, let the coaching staff have a crack at it for a couple of matches and see what happens. Something tells me they have a manager + coaching team lines up already.
    You’d like to think so, and might explain the lack of signings in the last 4 weeks, but I  doubt it and want to be proved wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Magician needed.
  • Options
    On the official site
  • Options
    Who would've done the sacking exactly - how does it work with all the board members, Methwen etc?
    Would have thought one of SMT by phone. 
    Wouldn’t be the first time someone sacked by a phone call,little s/&ts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    Jason Pearce interim manager. He was bloody U16 manager less than a year ago. Utter shambles. 
    I just hope it isn't a Jacko situation where Pearce goes on a run a form, gets a contract, then immediately gets found out for lacking ideas.

I'm not too concerned about who the interim manager is. I highly doubt Pearce is in consideration for the job, and if he is then I'll kick off. 
    I agree , although Jacko did better than both of his successors, without better players .  I’d also rather Pearce than Lee Johnson 
  • Options
    Surely it should have been Hayes supported by Pearce.
  • Options
    Who would've done the sacking exactly - how does it work with all the board members, Methwen etc?
    Would have thought one of SMT by phone. 
    Wouldn’t be the first time someone sacked by a phone call,little s/&ts.
    Charlie has distanced himself from the sacking in this article…which seems to suggest that it was Andy Scott’s call:

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/dean-holden-dismissed-by-charlton-athletic-with-backroom-departures-too/