Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holden sacked?! (Ed. Yes - Confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    cafc4life said:
    Moore incoming. 
    Do you mean Darren Moore, or just more managers incoming?
    Ronnie
    You mean Ronnie fucking Pickering. 

He has my support 
  • Options
    In case you need reminding how dysfunctional the club is, Holden was given a 3-year contract in March.
    Contracts don't mean anything anymore, least he'll get a decent payoff
  • Options
    I bet Dean is so glad he uprooted his family and brought them down here
  • Options
    Now we’ve off loaded all our full backs and started bringing in wing backs, you just know we’ll get a manager who doesn’t play wing backs!

The on-going rebuild continues!
    Hopefully. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    At Peanuts has said, the second goal yesterday should see him go, no pragmatism, when after the run we’ve been on, a point at Oxford is an excellent result, instead school yard football. 
    I would agree except that if you looked at that team selection and first half performance, that's really what should have done it. Despite playing better for the first 15 minutes in the second half, the fact that we were in that game to lose by the odd goal was a miracle. 
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Surely it should have been Hayes supported by Pearce.
    That decision has been made to keep the fans on side . 
  • Options
    Rumour has it that David Brent is on the shortlist. Nadine Dorries waited until yesterday to resign - perhaps she's on the list too.
    Our club has become an absolute farce.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like with Adkins, then Jackson, then Garner, now Holden. 

Shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic and pretending the squad is better than it actually is, is why we're in the same situation every single season. 
    Yup. This exactly. 
  • Options
    Brownie12 said:
    Right decision.
    The squad may not be the finished article but we could have a £30m squad and still be shite with the dismal coaching and tactical naivety Holden’s responsible for.
    is it? We will just appoint another manager, give him a long contract and then sack him. Lack of investment on the playing side is the problem. 
    You can only coach the players you have - we have a squad full of shit ones…again. 
    The squad may not be good enough yet for a promotion challenge but it’s not “full of shit ones”. That’s just cobblers. 
    Being silent on the touchline when Asiimwe was the last man, leaving us ludicrously exposed to the counter for their winner yesterday, was gross professional incompetence on Holden’s part and, in the circumstances of desperately needing a point, unforgivable. Curbs would have been going ballistic, whistling and barking at least at some of the players who’d gone forward to assume defensive positions.
    Of course they need to appoint the right manager now but Holden is patently not a good enough coach and us tactically naive. He’d had his chance.

"Gross professional incompetence"? Behave. I had you down as intelligent, but to use that line in this context proves me wrong. 
  • Options
    No real surprise, I said he'd go yesterday. Whilst not 100% his fault much like our previous 3-4 managers, we should have done better so far this season.

On we go again.........
  • Options
    Not Lee Johnson please God. You can almost guarantee the shambles continuing.
    What are you talking about, we'd never lose again.
  • Options
    Brownie12 said:
    Right decision.
    The squad may not be the finished article but we could have a £30m squad and still be shite with the dismal coaching and tactical naivety Holden’s responsible for.
    is it? We will just appoint another manager, give him a long contract and then sack him. Lack of investment on the playing side is the problem. 
    You can only coach the players you have - we have a squad full of shit ones…again. 
    The squad may not be good enough yet for a promotion challenge but it’s not “full of shit ones”. That’s just cobblers. 
    Being silent on the touchline when Asiimwe was the last man, leaving us ludicrously exposed to the counter for their winner yesterday, was gross professional incompetence on Holden’s part and, in the circumstances of desperately needing a point, unforgivable. Curbs would have been going ballistic, whistling and barking at least at some of the players who’d gone forward to assume defensive positions.
    Of course they need to appoint the right manager now but Holden is patently not a good enough coach and us tactically naive. He’d had his chance.

The fact that you could literally write this about yesterday OR LAST SATURDAY is also incredibly telling. As was his and Senda's reaction to Vale's second goal last weekend. Shell shocked and just sat there. 
  • Options
    Not Lee Johnson please God. You can almost guarantee the shambles continuing.
    What are you talking about, we'd never lose again.
    Edit. Wrong Lee. As you were.
  • Options
    Wilder more jones or Warburton for me. 
  • Options
    Like with Adkins, then Jackson, then Garner, now Holden. 

Shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic and pretending the squad is better than it actually is, is why we're in the same situation every single season. 
    100%. Whoever plays for us is almost automatically one of the best in the league. Same every year. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know you have offers from Derby and Bolton on the table but come to Charlton. We haven’t got a manager and you are guaranteed to be injured for most of the season. 

• Options
    In Pearce we believe
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Pearce caretaker till end of season 🤪
    Ze Bosh
  • Options
    The quality of the next manager will be telling. I doubt any of the above will come unless guaranteed significant investment. Time to see their hand.
  • Options
    mad to do this without a replacement lined up 
  • Options
    Rather have Pardew than Johnson
  • Options
    Another season over, who ever comes in will have plenty of reasonable excuses for how well they did to just get us top half.

Then August 2024, repeat………
  • Options
    Joke of a club in fucking pink trousers