Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holden sacked?! (Ed. Yes - Confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    How many manager now since Curbs? 

Holden seemed a good bloke so wish him well for the future and I'm sure he'll succeed somewhere 
    I'm sure he will. I don't think we can say the same for Charlton Athletic.

We either get a manager who just wants a gig and doesn't really give a shit or an idiot who genuinely thinks they can turn the club around, in which case I wouldn't trust them to manage the tea.

Every time we dump a manager we get a little fantasy: Curbs! Powell! then, weirdly, Wilder! Who seems to have become proper Charlton despite never having had anything to do with the club other than a "no thanks" a few years ago.

• Options
    SDAddick said:

"nor his development of many younger players....because we have forced him to play them due to lack of investment."
    He didn't have to start Deji, Anderson, and Kanu yesterday. He chose to with more experienced players left on the bench. 
    And playing Edun at CM and CBT as wingback was insane, damaging our attack and defence in one fell swoop. 
  • Options
    Wilder more jones or Warburton for me. 
    Warburton ain’t leaving West Ham for this circus. 
    Warburton left Westham a while back.
  • Options
    Curbs 16-1
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Wilder more jones or Warburton for me. 
    Warburton ain’t leaving West Ham for this circus. 
    I thought he left West Ham at the end of last season. Not saying he would join us though.
    Ah cool
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whatever way you twist it, sacking a manager only 5 games into the season is showing how shambolic the club is run from the very top. 
    Amen.
  • Options
    I bet Dean is so glad he uprooted his family and brought them down here
    He didn't did he?
    His wife was already working down here I believe.
  • Options
    Does this mean no more player signings this transfer window as we do not have a manager.
    Also a new one would expect a budget for players he can have say over.
    This is just such a mess. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think players will still sign without a manager, although if we’re competing with other clubs you’d be concerned. Ultimately though players will join us, we signed Gilbey and Washington when the clubs existence was under threat. 
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Does this mean no more player signings this transfer window as we do not have a manager.
    Also a new one would expect a budget for players he can have say over.
    This is just such a mess. 
    I'm sure there'll be a few players not wanted or valued by their clubs but who have contracts. They'll come in on loan. 
  • Options
    I think Alfies long throws might have made the decision.
  • Options
    We wont be settled on the pitch - Until we have a settled Manager... This merry go round is fucking ridiculous, how do we build something with this approach? 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    We'll smash division 4, and tickets will be cheaper.

We need to concentrate on building in January for our 2025 promotion push.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Jack Ross possible as well as Lee Johnson perhaps? 
  • Options
    Whatever way you twist it, sacking a manager only 5 games into the season is showing how shambolic the club is run from the very top. 
    It's marginally better than sacking a manager just after the window has closed (which would have been after the Fleetwood game), but still dreadful, especially as still have so much transfer business to do this week, and a new manager will have different opinions about the current squad, and transfer priorities. That can't be left ENTIRELY  to Scott.
  • Options
    Shambles