Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

23/24 Injuries thread

Previously Injured - Now Fit. 

Leaburn - Missed 5 games
Taylor - Missed 3 games
T.Campbell - Missed 3 games

Currently Injured:

Aneke - Missed 6 games - Expected back?
Chin - Missed 5 games - Expected back?
Fraser - Missed 5 games - Expected back?
Camara - Missed 3 games - Expected back?
McGrandles - Missed 1 game - Expected back?

Wish we could get some updates on the injured players - even updated estimated time frames would be better than the nothing we're getting. 

Comments

• Options
    Oi!
    Ive already put that on the Statbank
  • Options
    Oi!
    Ive already put that on the Statbank
    Oops sorry - Missed that. 
  • Options
    @lancashire lad
    Update Terry to 3 missed on your list. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Someone on another thread said they saw “a player” leaving in a protective boot after yesterday. C. Campbell is the concern? 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    @lancashire lad
    Update Terry to 3 missed on your list. 
    Thanks, this is probably the hardest stat to keep accurately as you point out that info is limited, if you see any errors/omissions plse let me know
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Someone on another thread said they saw “a player” leaving in a protective boot after yesterday. C. Campbell is the concern? 
    Oh great, really? I hope they're juat using it as one's up for grabs after Leaburn and TC's return.
  • Options
    Camara was sat next to me on Saturday. Didn’t ask when he’s back though 😂

He looked and moved fine but that doesn’t tell us much. Would personally hope he’s back for Stevenage as otherwise that would be a month out for a ‘minor’ foot injury.
  • Options
    Camara and Fraser both being out is classic Charlton luck. Lose a whole dimension to our midfield with them missing.

All we have ever heard about Camara is a minor foot injury…… surely back for the next league game…. Especially as there is now a 2 week break. 
    Definitely Camara, not so much Fraser.  Imo, he’s been a bit of a flop so far.  Needs to show a lot more.  Chem Campbell could come in and take his place based on the early showing 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Leaburn - Missed 5 games
    Taylor - Missed 3 games

Currently Injured:

Wish we could get some updates on the injured players - even updated estimated time frames would be better than the nothing we're getting. 
    I am surprised that the club do not have injury updates on their site.
    On my Aussie rules team site, they list all injured players with details of injury and how long to anticipated return.
    May be CAST could approach the club to include this.

• Options
    @castrust is this something you can raise? Do we still have a fans liaison officer?
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Camara and Fraser both being out is classic Charlton luck. Lose a whole dimension to our midfield with them missing.

All we have ever heard about Camara is a minor foot injury…… surely back for the next league game…. Especially as there is now a 2 week break. 
    Definitely Camara, not so much Fraser.  Imo, he’s been a bit of a flop so far.  Needs to show a lot more.  Chem Campbell could come in and take his place based on the early showing 
    Didn't he go off injured? He might be next to add to the list.
  • Options
    Sage said:

He looked and moved fine but that doesn’t tell us much. Would personally hope he’s back for Stevenage as otherwise that would be a month out for a ‘minor’ foot injury.
    Sometimes when you're out for some time and then play/run intensely you can feel in in the sole of your feet. I hope this is just a case of fake plantar fasciitis for Camara.
  • Options
    What have the medical lot got to lose by getting in a decent acupuncturist (if they don’t already)?
    We are such a hospital club, some left field thinking might work because we always seem to have a lot out for a long time.
  • Options
    TimAddick said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Leaburn - Missed 5 games
    Taylor - Missed 3 games

Currently Injured:

On my Aussie rules team site, they list all injured players with details of injury and how long to anticipated return.

Noted - thanks. We’ll put this on our list of agenda items for the Fans’ Forum which is presently scheduled for later this month. We’ll put a call out for other items shortly once we have confirmation from the club re the meeting. 
  • Options
    That would be great. It comes across as if they're hiding something, not bothered about communicating, or under resourced. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Sage said:

Sometimes when you're out for some time and then play/run intensely you can feel in in the sole of your feet. I hope this is just a case of fake plantar fasciitis for Camara.

I'm so disappointed in young Sage not asking Camará if this was his problem 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    TimAddick said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Leaburn - Missed 5 games
    Taylor - Missed 3 games

Currently Injured:

You'd have to hire a full time member of staff just to keep on top of this. Would be the hardest job at the club
    Or the easiest, all they would have to do is write down Aneke every week. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    What have the medical lot got to lose by getting in a decent acupuncturist (if they don’t already)?
    We are such a hospital club, some left field thinking might work because we always seem to have a lot out for a long time.
    Or herbalist or homeopathic practitioner or spiritualist. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    That would be great. It comes across as if they're hiding something, not bothered about communicating, or under resourced. 
    Trouble is, I fear they will reply that  other clubs are no more transparent; that this helps them keep oppo managers guessing about line-ups. I'm not saying it's a good excuse, but mark my words, they will use it.
  • Options
    Is Camera, Digital or Analogue this may give us a better clue to expected return?
  • Options
    I enjoyed Holden's chats and interviews, but it he suddenly became vague with injuries.. I still don't know when to expect Fraser back.

“[Fraser] picked something up in his calf towards the end of the game with Leyton Orient. It’s going to be a number of weeks. It’s not going to be that we’ll have him back in the next couple of weeks, certainly. We’ll have to see how that is and how he recovers from it.

“Tyreece won’t be as bad as Scotty’s, maybe two, three, four weeks but again we’ll have to see."

• Options
    I think he was vague because he knew he had probably made it worse by forcing Fraser to play on when injured. 
    Due to having no subs left, also down to him. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I give it a week or two before cabbles is calling Fraser by the name of his favourite League Two club
    Looking back at calling St Johnstone Mansfield, although it triggered a lot of people, I’ve had to put up with Fraser being called ‘The Scottish Pirlo’.  That’s pathetic.  The Scottish Pirlo???? That and whoever called Aneke a ‘Cheat Code’.  If I’m being vilified for Mansfield, then I think history will look back on those that joined in with the above nicknames for Fraser and Aneke, and they should be judged just as harshly.  
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Leuth said:
    I give it a week or two before cabbles is calling Fraser by the name of his favourite League Two club
    Looking back at calling St Johnstone Mansfield, although it triggered a lot of people, I’ve had to put up with Fraser being called ‘The Scottish Pirlo’.  That’s pathetic.  The Scottish Pirlo???? That and whoever called Aneke a ‘Cheat Code’.  If I’m being vilified for Mansfield, then I think history will look back on those that joined in with the above nicknames for Fraser and Aneke, and they should be judged just as harshly.  
    What do you call all our illustrious alumni that play for MK Dons? 
  • Options
    Sage said:

He was looking forward to returning to action before you trod on his foot and set him back a month!
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Leuth said:
    Quite right about Fraser, he's the Scottish Griezmann, not Pirlo. The person who called Aneke a cheat code? Um uh I'm sure I'll remember who that was at some point, gimme a minute...
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    seth plum said:
    Or herbalist or homeopathic practitioner or spiritualist. 
    I marketed energetic therapy for a year, you meet some interesting characters in that industry.

Anekes issues could lie in birth trauma or trauma experienced in a previous life! 

Glen Hoddles woman (cant remember her name) would have been an energy therapist!)