Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

23/24 Injuries thread

Comments

• Options
    To put our 4(?) into perspective 

Premier League injury table going into Game-week 7:

🔵 Chelsea: 10
    ⚔️ Sheffield United: 9
    🦅 Crystal Palace: 9
    ⚫ Newcastle United: 9
    👹 Manchester United: 8
    🔴 Arsenal: 8
    ⚪ Tottenham: 8
    🐝 Brentford: 6
    🟣 Burnley: 6
    🍒 Bournemouth: 6
    👒 Luton Town: 6
    🦁 Aston Villa: 5
    🟥 Liverpool: 4
    🕊️ Brighton: 4
    🍬 Everton: 4
    ⚪ Fulham: 4
    🔵 Manchester City: 3
    🌳 Nottingham Forest: 2
    ⚒️ West Ham: 1
    🐺 Wolves: 0
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Squad sizes are a bit bigger up there though. A L1 table representation would be better. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Squad sizes are a bit bigger up there though. A L1 table representation would be better. 
    They also have a stricter "squad cap" in terms of the numbers they can register.

Ot doesn't say how well should cope with it just the number of injuries isn't a "Charlton thing".  Sheffield United Chelsea and Palace can hardly blame playing in Europe either.
  • Options

Previously Injured - Now Fit. 

Leaburn - Missed 5 games
    T.Taylor - Missed 3 games
    T.Campbell - Missed 3 games
    Chin - Missed 5 games
    Aneke - Missed 6 games.
    May - Missed , Concussion
    T. Taylor - missed 1, Concussion 
    Asiimwe - Missed 2 - Training inj
    Fraser - Missed 7 games - 

Currently Injured:

Camara - Missed 5 games - Expected back?
    McGrandles - Missed 3 games - Training Ground Injury - Expected back?
    Edun - missed 2 - Training inj - 3-4 weeks.
    T.Taylor - NEW - Knee Injury

So Terry is becoming our most injury prone player since... Well Chuks Aneke. 
  • Options
    3 CMs out at the moment. Good to see Fraser back to ease the pain.
  • Options
    Nice to hear the updates, even if most appear to be mid-term injuries.

@Cafc43v3r, I presume you will be reporting Michael Appleton for breaching medical records?

*there is a tongue in cheek, btw*
  • Options
    Shame about Taylor, feels like his season is following the McGrandles route from last year of starting off and getting injured, playing unfit and not getting much out of it and then getting a bad one. Realistically he's going to struggle to have too much impact this season if our injuries go how they normally do. He was always likely to be Dobson's understudy this season but this isn't a great way to integrate
  • Options
    Taylor's is maybe as a consequence of having an injury towards the end of last season and then not a proper pre season. No point in rushing things, we have cover, maybe Pan back in a month too. Just make sure Taylor recovers properly and see him in the new year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pan back just in time for ACON
  • Options
    Real shame about Taylor. Sounds like it’s long term 
  • Options
    Old fashioned looking room. Has he been fast tracked to a care home?!
  • Options
    So no update then. 
  • Options
    I'm worried that they've waited two days for a scan. It might be because they're waiting for the swelling to go down, which would not be good. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    I'm worried that they've waited two days for a scan. It might be because they're waiting for the swelling to go down, which would not be good. 
    Maybe waiting for swelling to go down?
    Right, but to me that would indicate it's bad.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    SDAddick said:
    I don’t think they’re hopeful of a great outcome. Complete guess but I think the best case is Chuks is back end of November :disappointed:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    SDAddick said:
    SDAddick said:
    I don’t think they’re hopeful of a great outcome. Complete guess but I think the best case is Chuks is back end of November :disappointed:
    If he was going to miss Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday no matter how minor it was really that's only 3 extra league games.
  • Options
    Ive just seen a post.
    Someone said they saw Chuks yesterday and he thought it would be a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Apologies I haven't continued to track this, work has been mad and headspace is currently all work no play. 
  • Options
    Do we know how far off Edun is? 3 weeks ago MA said "a good few weeks".
  • Options
    Ive just seen a post.
    Someone said they saw Chuks yesterday and he thought it would be a couple of weeks.
    That would be great news if there's any truth in it. 
    With the greatest respect to all concerned - breath.not.held
     Starting any games has always been a risk for Chuks, expecting him to last 45+ minutes is a triumph of hope over reason.
    With Chuks's contribution to the recent turn of forma and the current run of Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday  fixtures it was reckless

• Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Ive just seen a post.
    That would be great news if there's any truth in it. 
    With the greatest respect to all concerned - breath.not.held
     Starting any games has always been a risk for Chuks, expecting him to last 45+ minutes is a triumph of hope over reason.
    With Chuks's contribution to the recent turn of forma and the current run of Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday  fixtures it was reckless

Yes, the last sighting we had of Chuks, it was claimed he was partially disabled in a jacuzzi at David Lloyds.
  • Options
    If he is back in the match-day squad end of november I would take that, when he pulled up I feared i could be a 3-4 month hamstring tear like last time.

I really hope we stop starting him when he does come back, we need to accept he is a super-sub for the last 20-25 mins and st0p trying to start im as everytime he does he is only a couple of games away from an injury.
    But what difference does it make? He could easily come on on 65 minutes and still get crocked. Was it Brighton when he was subbed on and subbed off within 5 minutes? 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    If he is back in the match-day squad end of november I would take that, when he pulled up I feared i could be a 3-4 month hamstring tear like last time.

I really hope we stop starting him when he does come back, we need to accept he is a super-sub for the last 20-25 mins and st0p trying to start im as everytime he does he is only a couple of games away from an injury.
    But what difference does it make? He could easily come on on 65 minutes and still get crocked. Was it Brighton when he was subbed on and subbed off within 5 minutes? 
    Looks like the minutes he played before his last 3 significant injuries out were 30, 26 and 5.