Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

23/24 Injuries thread

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:
    Leuth said:
    I give it a week or two before cabbles is calling Fraser by the name of his favourite League Two club
    Looking back at calling St Johnstone Mansfield, although it triggered a lot of people, I’ve had to put up with Fraser being called ‘The Scottish Pirlo’.  That’s pathetic.  The Scottish Pirlo???? That and whoever called Aneke a ‘Cheat Code’.  If I’m being vilified for Mansfield, then I think history will look back on those that joined in with the above nicknames for Fraser and Aneke, and they should be judged just as harshly.  
    What do you call all our illustrious alumni that play for MK Dons? 
    Good question.  I’ll have to come back to you.  Be like one of those alternative collectives for a group of animals you’re not expecting. 
  • Options
    Eileen Dury I think
  • Options
    Eileen Dury I think
    An Eileen Dury?  I like it 
  • Options
    What Charlton Athletic need:

Herbalist, homeopathic practitioner, Spiritualist, hypnotherapist, Reiki for universal energy, Padre for the believers, a humanist guru for the disbelievers, Acupuncturist to get Qi flowing through the body. Reflexologist, Chiropractor, hydrotherapist, Dietitian...

And there's more, so many more.
  • Options
    Chin is back now. Was part of the warm up on Saturday, I’m guessing on standby in case there were any warm up injuries
  • Options
    Drewery I think
  • Options
    Is there any science behind Vicks Vapour Rub, because it does clear the nose when sniffed?
    Not all non-western remedies are rubbish, many work in practice before they work in theory if you see what I mean.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    seth plum said:
    Is there any science behind Vicks Vapour Rub, because it does clear the nose when sniffed?
    Not all non-western remedies are rubbish, many work in practice before they work in theory if you see what I mean.
    There is some evidence that acupuncture is useful in headaches and in things like pain during a menstrural cycle. There is also some evidence that placebo is useful too. Much more research needs doing to find a real place for acupuncture in modern western medicine. I can buy into the notion of nerve stimulation but acupuncture loses me I’m afraid when it talks of lines energy an Qi and life force. It’s not quackery for sure but there is definitely poultry involved. There is science behind uses for menthol in clearing nasal passages. 
  • Options

Previously Injured - Now Fit. 

Leaburn - Missed 5 games
    Taylor - Missed 3 games
    T.Campbell - Missed 3 games

Currently Injured:

Aneke - Missed 6 games - Expected back?
    Chin - Missed 5 games - Expected back? - Potentially fit. 
    Fraser - Missed 5 games - Expected back?
    Camara - Missed 3 games - Expected back?
    McGrandles - Missed 1 game - Expected back?
  • Options

Panutche Camará (foot) and Chuks Aneke (calf) will be assessed.

Conor McGrandles (knee) is set to miss the game with an injury sustained in training.

Meanwhile, Scott Fraser (calf) continues to make good progress in his recovery after picking up an issue in Charlton's opening-day win against Leyton Orient. 

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/cup-preview-crawley-town-v-charlton

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:

Panutche Camará (foot) and Chuks Aneke (calf) will be assessed.

Conor McGrandles (knee) is set to miss the game with an injury sustained in training.

Meanwhile, Scott Fraser (calf) continues to make good progress in his recovery after picking up an issue in Charlton's opening-day win against Leyton Orient. 

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/cup-preview-crawley-town-v-charlton

picking up a big issue?
  • Options
    Camara doesn’t sound anything like as bad as Fraser. With the Wigan game off, I would hope he will be back for the next league game if not tonight.
  • Options
    TimAddick said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Leaburn - Missed 5 games
    Taylor - Missed 3 games

Currently Injured:

Chin - Missed 5 games - Expected back?

Wish we could get some updates on the injured players - even updated estimated time frames would be better than the nothing we're getting. 
    I am surprised that the club do not have injury updates on their site.
    On my Aussie rules team site, they list all injured players with details of injury and how long to anticipated return.
    May be CAST could approach the club to include this.

The West Coast injury list over the last couple of years has run to multiple volumes. By the time you'd read to the end it was time to start reading the updates with the next set of players out :(

• Options
    They've said for the past 3 games that Camara will be assessed. Makes me think its worse than they're letting on
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Putting Camara and Aneke in the same sentence for recovery might be telling?!

Sadly we are fetching for clues, as the communication is crap.

McGrandles got injured in training. At least that has been mentioned. Shame about Fraser's issue!
  • Options
    mendonca said:

McGrandles got injured in training. At least that has been mentioned. Shame about Fraser's issue!
    Yeah it would be much better to let the opposition know exactly what’s happening. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Yeah it would be much better to let the opposition know exactly what’s happening. 
    Yeahhhh, didn't think about that. 
  • Options
    They've said for the past 3 games that Camara will be assessed. Makes me think its worse than they're letting on
    Assessed - not fit
    Assessed - still not fit
    Assessed - nah, not just yet
    Assessed - oh, I'm sorry ... you've been wearing Chuks' training top for a laugh in recent assessments ... you're good to go.
  • Options
    Camara, Aneke, Fraser and McGrandles the only ones injured I think?

I am guessing Fraser who was out on the grass and not been out too long so could prob move straight to the bench without U23 games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Leaburn - Missed 5 games
    Taylor - Missed 3 games
    Chin - Missed 5 games

Currently Injured:

• Options
    mendonca said:

To be fair, no injured player is ever going to go straight into the starting line up are they so what tactical advantage are we getting from giving no updates? 

I'm not quite in the "deliberately hiding it" camp I'm more inclined to believe they just don't know because frankly I think our medical staff are not fit for purpose and haven't been for some time.
  • Options
    Fraser walked in from the grass when meeting Appleton, I think? But then McGrandles followed him so might just be kit rehearsal.
  • Options
    Chuks "he looks ready" Aneke 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    For me this pretty much confirms what has been hinted before that Chucks has probably been suffering from some form of mental health issues so hopefully fans will be a more understanding however frustrating it is.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    For me this pretty much confirms what has been hinted before that Chucks has probably been suffering from some form of mental health issues so hopefully fans will be a more understanding however frustrating it is.
    Or that he's hitting the Champagne on a daily basis and happy with life :/
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    mendonca said:
    Or that he's hitting the Champagne on a daily basis and happy with life :/
    Good for him. 
  • Options
    This thread will be longer than the takeover one 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chuks "he looks ready" Aneke 
    Old Car GIFs  Tenor