Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

23/24 Injuries thread

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2023
    clive said:

Asked for an update on the injury front, the Head Coach said: “We’ve got one or two that are sort of 50/50 that are coming back into it hopefully. They could give us a boost in terms of the squad for tomorrow.

"In terms of the lads who played last week, everyone is pretty much okay."

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/appleton-looks-ahead-burton-visit

Probably talking about Jones - Cant think who the other one is - Ness maybe
  • Options
    clive said:

Asked for an update on the injury front, the Head Coach said: “We’ve got one or two that are sort of 50/50 that are coming back into it hopefully. They could give us a boost in terms of the squad for tomorrow.

Probably talking about Jones - Cant think who the other one is - Ness maybe
    I was thinking Jones and McGrandles but I haven't heard a time frame for either. Jones was supposed to be 2-3 weeks so would make sense. 
  • Options
    clive said:

If they are 50/50 they shouldn’t be making the squad for tomorrow.
  • Options
    It’s got to be Jones and Ness that are close. Taylor and Aneke not too far behind.

Either way, if they’re 50/50, give them a few more days and see how they are for Orient or Bristol Rovers. Don’t rush for one game and potentially make it worse.
  • Options
    Is Ness fit?
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    'The 2 midfielders we signed when they were injured and have never been fit here mught be fit by the end of January. The striker we signed when he was injured and has never been properly fit, is not fit and never will be.'
    Three cheers for the recruitment team.
    And this has been part of the problem - we keep on signing half fit players who firstly cant start as soon as they sign & secondly spend months on the sidelines when inevitably they come back too soon. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So pleased for Isted, was just starting to get some form and Bam... Injured 
  • Options
    Hector out for 10 weeks with hamstring problems 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Hector out for 10 weeks with hamstring problems 
    Assume that will mean Thomas & Ness will remain at the club during the window. Frustrating that we seem to lose one player as another one returns.
  • Options
    Ten weeks for a hamstring that hardly anybody noticed he’d done. The guy from Brighton has a lot of work on his hands to fix this fitness shitshow.
  • Options
    Gives Ness a good opportunity. Thought 12 months ago we had a player on our hands but had a bad injury, I think he will surprise a few if given a run in the side 
  • Options
    Ten weeks for a hamstring that hardly anybody noticed he’d done. The guy from Brighton has a lot of work on his hands to fix this fitness shitshow.
    But you haven’t seen what he has in his big black bag have you.

Been told it’s a red and white Beach Deck Chair.🤣 
    Sorry.
  • Options
    Wonder if that's why the Macauley transfer was forced through this week ? 
  • Options
    cazo said:
    cazo said:
    From experience. I think if he starts take off at half time comes on as sub all well and good. It’s all about starting time back on for second half after little restThis is when the injuries happen all about warming up warming down to which he doesn’t do.
    So Chuks is often injured because he doesn't warm up or warm down properly? I doubt that's true, and how would you know anyway
    Well if you open your eyes on match days your see 
    Brilliant, any other insightful advice which will help my matchday? 
    Cup of Bovril?
  • Options
    Wonder if that's why the Macauley transfer was forced through this week ? 
    I dont think so, myself, since the priority  need for a centre back was obvious. The trouble with Hector is that apart frkm his glaring lapses, he clearly cannot play the leader/organiser role, and neither can Jones; as Curbs and especially Brownie have been pointing out virtually every gsme. So we needed this guy in urgently. And then Hector immediately does his hamstring in a way that hardly anyone noticed yet keeps him out for 10 weeks. So the reasonable goal of creating competition among centre-backs is immediately sabotaged. I remain wary of Appleton but honestly this would drive any manager to distraction and I cannot understand why more fans do not seem to recognise the issue. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Worried about Chuks having another set of scans. Those scanning tables are rock hard and not easy to negotiate. 
  • Options

Terry Taylor (ankle) and Conor McGrandles (calf) are both set to step up their returns to fitness by starting the U21s' Professional Development League 2 - South clash at Watford on Tuesday afternoon.

Michael Appleton confirmed that Panutche Camará (hamstring) and Chuks Aneke (hamstring) are both making positive progress with their respective recoveries, while Miles Leaburn (hamstring) is a long-term absentees.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/match-preview-charlton-v-northampton-town

• Options
    edited February 3
    Any rough dates for when Camara & Aneke could be back in the match day squad? 
  • Options
    We are desperate for them to return. They need to be fast tracked into the side before it’s too late to save our season.

Appleton said they were two weeks away roughly two weeks ago so hopefully they are close.

Aneke on the bench against reading would be a big boost.

• Options
    edited February 8
    Nathan Jones in his press conference earlier today: "everyone is back in training apart from Miles Leaburn".
  • Options
    Nathan Jones in his press conference earlier today: "everyone is back in training apart from Miles Leaburn".
    Think he must have forgotten Hector as he was said to be out for 10 weeks less than a month ago 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Think he must have forgotten Hector as he was said to be out for 10 weeks less than a month ago 
    Maybe he had issues with the previous head coach.
  • Options
    Hector posted a picture on his socials last week of his boots saying ‘finally’ so maybe he is ahead of schedule.

I also assume in training does not mean ready to play a match as well.
  • Options
    Taylor, Camara, Aneke, Isted and Hector all being back or close is massive... Although when added to 9 new January signings then how Jones makes the starting 11 gell near enough immediately I have no idea.
  • Options
    edited February 8
    A team something like....

Isted
    Ramsey.  Ness  Hector. Thomas.   Small/Edun
                  Dobson.     Coventry
                           Camara
                   May.         Ladapo

AMB
    Taylor
    Gillesphey
    Jones