Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roughest pub you've been in

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Some cracking posts on here fortunately or unfortunately never been to any of them. 

As i originate from Gravesend i cant let these go without a mention.

The Dickens inn...now gone but full of rough yobbos and the traveling community who would come over and drink your pint and go yerr what you gonna do about it, with 6 of their mates behind them

The Admiral Beatty, also gone but full of those that thought they were tough. but weren't brave enough to try the dickens.

The Somerset Arms, my brothers pub, when ever i pop in there, there are always the same people sat in the same seats, wonder if they ever go home.

The General Gordon, on the notorious Kings Farm council estate full if those scum you would want to live next door to our politicians, Mysteriously burnt down one night.

The Gravesend Boat, Another estate pub housed next to one of the biggest estates in the country, Riverview Park. Whoever thought that moving so many people in an area all at once with young families was mad. They all grew up together and had hundreds of bored teenagers milling the streets and using that as an underage boozer. If your lucky you might avoid a bottling on a Saturday night but keep using it and your turn will come.
    Lived in Milton (Havengore Ave) 1985-88 there used to be a pub just around the corner that had a bit of a reputation, nicknamed the Woodchoppers Arms pretty quiet on the few occasions when I went in there., can't recall it's proper name.....never ventured into the Dickens Inn though. Pub scene was really good back in the 80's in Gravesend.
    My good mates dad had the Dickens for a while. Rough as fuck.

my mum and dad met on a night out in the Beatty.
    85 was the year I left Greenhithe, loved The Pier.
    We moved to Greenhithe in 96, first new development on the Thames.
    We went in the Pier one Sunday before we moved in just to check it out.
    Lovely pint of Pride, John behind the bar.
    Fella walks in, obviously a local, greets John asks for a large whiskey.
    Everything alright, asks John.
    I think I just murdered my wife came the reply.

Of course we stayed.
    He had a couple more whiskeys and the plod were outside waiting when he’d finished.

Never did find out the end to that story in the 18yrs we lived there lol

We were just glad we didn’t have to nick him 🫣😂😂😂
    My uncle had the Pier for a while.

I've been getting in there since i was about 5 with my dad. Still drink in there occassionally. had my dads wake in there.  

1996? must have been Sara crescent etc?  All built on Everards Shipping land - i come from Everards estate,

it's amazing what they've done with our little village Hastings Red. 
  • Options
    Some cracking posts on here fortunately or unfortunately never been to any of them. 

The Dickens inn...now gone but full of rough yobbos and the traveling community who would come over and drink your pint and go yerr what you gonna do about it, with 6 of their mates behind them

The Admiral Beatty, also gone but full of those that thought they were tough. but weren't brave enough to try the dickens.

The Somerset Arms, my brothers pub, when ever i pop in there, there are always the same people sat in the same seats, wonder if they ever go home.

The General Gordon, on the notorious Kings Farm council estate full if those scum you would want to live next door to our politicians, Mysteriously burnt down one night.

The Gravesend Boat, Another estate pub housed next to one of the biggest estates in the country, Riverview Park. Whoever thought that moving so many people in an area all at once with young families was mad. They all grew up together and had hundreds of bored teenagers milling the streets and using that as an underage boozer. If your lucky you might avoid a bottling on a Saturday night but keep using it and your turn will come.
    Lived in Milton (Havengore Ave) 1985-88 there used to be a pub just around the corner that had a bit of a reputation, nicknamed the Woodchoppers Arms pretty quiet on the few occasions when I went in there., can't recall it's proper name.....never ventured into the Dickens Inn though. Pub scene was really good back in the 80's in Gravesend.

Of course we stayed.
    He had a couple more whiskeys and the plod were outside waiting when he’d finished.

I've been getting in there since i was about 5 with my dad. Still drink in there occassionally. had my dads wake in there.  

1996? must have been Sara crescent etc?  All built on Everards Shipping land - i come from Everards estate,

Frobisher Way was the first one built.
    Our terrace looked out directly onto the wrecked boat you could see out of the White Hart Pub beer garden.
    Speaking of which, that was our favourite pub for obvious reasons. As Terry, the landlord was Charlton through and through.
    Many a happy lock in had in there.
    ’Have you no homes to go to? This is a public house not a boarding house’ 😂😂
  • Options
    No question  . . .The Oak on the Barnfield Gardens Estate back in the 80's . . .    
  • Options
    Mentioned this thread to Mrs H.....she reminded me of a pub we went to some years ago on the Seven Sisters road for a christening.....The Blackstock.
  • Options

Of course we stayed.

Our terrace looked out directly onto the wrecked boat you could see out of the White Hart Pub beer garden.
    Speaking of which, that was our favourite pub for obvious reasons. As Terry, the landlord was Charlton through and through.
    The John Franklin now, was my preferred pub when I lived there, but spent most of my time and money in the Legion 
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Of course we stayed.

The John Franklin now, was my preferred pub when I lived there, but spent most of my time and money in the Legion 
    Awful boozer once it was taken over and renamed.
    No idea why she ran a pub, miserable women 🤷‍♀️

• Options
    Mentioned this thread to Mrs H.....she reminded me of a pub we went to some years ago on the Seven Sisters road for a christening.....The Blackstock.
    Great pub.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Of course we stayed.

Awful boozer once it was taken over and renamed.
    No idea why she ran a pub, miserable women 🤷‍♀️

I agree.

My family meet there every 3 months or so for a drink and they are so miserable most of the time. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    German said:
    No question  . . .The Oak on the Barnfield Gardens Estate back in the 80's . . .    
    It was called the Den of inequity (?) in the local press. I’ve been in there a few times in the afternoon when pubs were closed between 3 and 5:30.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Of course we stayed.

Been to many do's in the Legion, mainly mates wedding receptions in the 90's.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The Beach Boys walk into a pub:

“Round?”

“Round.”

“ Get a round...”

“I’ll get a round.”