Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Maxwell finishes with figures of 10-1-34-2 and he didn't go for a single boundary
    Amazing really. 
    It is but there does seem to be a bit of correction in the sense that batsmen seem far more prepared to take on spinners that they might previously feared to do so like Rashid Khan, Adil Rashid and Adam Zampa but an orthodox off break bowler like Maxwell who just bowls line and length they appear far more respectful of
  • Options
    232-3 off 40
  • Options
    20 over 0 for 137 for Australia's gun bowlers.
  • Options
    Well that was somewhat tame - Markram steers a slower ball from Cummins straight into the hands of Hazlewood at backward point for 56 (44)

263-4 off 43.1 
  • Options
    Another slower ball into the surface but this time a bouncer from Hazlewood - Klassen is through with the shot too soon and caught behind by Inglis for 29 (27)

267-4 off 44.1 
  • Options
    Really annoying loss of 2 wickets there. Has probably stopped them getting any more than about 310 now. Looked like 330+ for a while
  • Options
    Think we might see the SA bowlers go to the slower ball bouncer a bit earlier than the Aussies have done
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    20 over 0 for 137 for Australia's gun bowlers.
    2 for 12 off 3 since I posted that 🤣
  • Options
    Jansen is chewing up balls left, right and centre
  • Options
    And then hits 8 off 2 balls
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Jansen has gone in three balls from 9 off 15 to 21 off 18
  • Options
    The Aussie fielding has been shocking. I think that's five misses now!
  • Options
    Surprised Starc didn’t claim he was in control of that catch too
  • Options
    Catch Stoin 😂😂 you really hate to see it!
  • Options
    Oh my word!!! Stoinis drops a sitter - number six for the Aussies!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    The ball after the last two drops have gone for 10 runs
  • Options
    At last - the Aussies have taken a catch!!! Jansen goes for 26 (22) caught by Warner off Starc

310-6 off 49.1

• Options
    Miller yorked by Starc for 17 off 13. He will be very frustrated as he stood watching some 25 balls from the other end

311-7 off 49.4

• Options
    311-7 off 50

I would say that South Africa might be slightly disappointed with that score but probably nowhere near as much as the Aussies will be for their totally inept fielding performance  
  • Options
    The South African’s not running on that final ball has wound me up so much 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Marsh out to Jansen but the bowler can thank Ngidi for the pressure he's put on the Aussies from the other end who, as I type this, gets the wicket of Warner. Ngidi's figures are a remarkable 4-2-4-1 in what is the Power Play 

27-2 off 7
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Tomorrow is a fascinating game for me. 

Can SA bat, like they did against SL, against that attack and how do Australia bat against a weaker attack than India's?

We can look at bilateral series but they weren't in a world cup and they weren't in India.

I think it's unlikely that both these teams get to the semis so tomorrow's game is massive.
    SA's top 7, on current form, is as good as any in the competition - they average overall 44 at a strike rate of over a run a ball. Their weakness is that they only have the one decent spinner. Australia are in much the same boat so far as balance is concerned and their main spinner, Zampa, is not anywhere near as consistent as he was in previous years. The Aussies might also have another issue (and it sounds bizarre given that they are ranked so highly in Test cricket) and that is the prospect of having Smith and Labuschagne batting together for any period of time if neither of them is actually able to put the foot down when circumstances dictate that they should.

Whatever happens it should be a great game. 
    Watch these two make me look silly now with a partnership of 200 plus off 30 overs
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Tomorrow is a fascinating game for me. 

Can SA bat, like they did against SL, against that attack and how do Australia bat against a weaker attack than India's?

We can look at bilateral series but they weren't in a world cup and they weren't in India.

I think it's unlikely that both these teams get to the semis so tomorrow's game is massive.
    SA's top 7, on current form, is as good as any in the competition - they average overall 44 at a strike rate of over a run a ball. Their weakness is that they only have the one decent spinner. Australia are in much the same boat so far as balance is concerned and their main spinner, Zampa, is not anywhere near as consistent as he was in previous years. The Aussies might also have another issue (and it sounds bizarre given that they are ranked so highly in Test cricket) and that is the prospect of having Smith and Labuschagne batting together for any period of time if neither of them is actually able to put the foot down when circumstances dictate that they should.

Whatever happens it should be a great game. 
    Watch these two make me look silly now with a partnership of 200 plus off 30 overs
    Or maybe not. Smith out LBW to Rabada after a review by SA for 19 (16)

50-3 off 10
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Australia's decision to drop the better keeper, Carey, for potentially a lot more runs in Inglis is made to look as a wrong one as Rabada cleans Inglis up

56-4 off 11.1
  • Options
    60-4 off 14 at drinks

Jansen     4-0-31-1
    The rest 10-3-26-3
  • Options
    edited October 2023

50-3 off 10
    Was it out?
    BBC suggests some controversy...
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

50-3 off 10
    Was it out?
    BBC suggests some controversy...
    It's difficult to say but, some of the balls have been straightening rather than following the angle and going down the legside so one would assume, unless the technology is wrong that it was a fair decision. And as we are talking about Smith, I think it probably was plumb!
  • Options
    edited October 2023

• Options
    Maxwell, with 3 off 17, gets a leading edge and is caught and bowled by Maharaj. The Aussies in total disarray

65-5 off 16.1
  • Options
    Aussies look shot. Real shame….