Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup

Comments

• Options
    So following three maidens, it's normal service for NZ  

63-0 off 10 overs

• Options
    Ravindra is a class bat (who bowls too) and will get even better in time. He presents a selection issue for NZ for if and when Williamson comes back. Young was strangled down the legside first ball against England but is currently 58* so I suppose Chapman might become the unfortunate victim

117-1 off 22 
  • Options
    171-2 off 30
  • Options
    Not sure if it's just that the Netherlands have bowled well, it's the surface or that NZ have lost their way but the former certainly won't be disappointed with the current situation given what the score was at 30 overs

254-6 off 44.1

• Options
    NZ finish on 322-7 largely thanks to Santner's 36* off 17 balls late on
  • Options
    Netherlands 62-2 off 15
  • Options
    145-4 off 30
  • Options
    Santner gets his 5 fer
  • Options
    Netherlands 223 all out. NZ win by 99 runs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England still bottom of the group table on NRR!
  • Options
    Bangladesh will be no walk over tomorrow either. 
  • Options
    We ain’t getting out of the group
  • Options
    Bangladesh have won the toss and have elected to insert us
  • Options
    Only change is Topley for Moeen. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    We ain’t getting out of the group
    Probably need at least 6 wins to qualify. In 2019 NZ qualified with 5 wins and a no result.

Realistically we have to beat Bangladesh, Netherlands, Afghanistan and Sri Lanka.

So then we need to beat at least 2 of India, Australia, SA and Pakistan.
  • Options
    No idea what a par score is on this pitch… first innings ODI scores here over last 10 years

• Options
    Decent enough start without being spectacular.

49/0 off 8 overs.
  • Options
    It's not been easy, at times, as the score reflects as Bangladesh have mostly stuck to their plans on a wicket that has plenty of pace and bounce but Bairstow and Malan have negotiated the first power play well and no reason why we can't get 340 plus which, with our bowling attack, should be enough. That's the plan anyway!

61-0 off 10
  • Options
    Scrap that 340 target. Make it 450 and bowl Bangladesh out for 120. Our poor NRR wiped out in one game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    50* (39) for Malan
  • Options
    98-0 off 15
  • Options
    51* (54) for Bairstow

102-0 off 16
  • Options
    I wonder if there will come a point where we might consider sending Brook in at the fall of the first wicket? 
  • Options
    Bairstow out bowled by Shakib to his quicker arm ball for 52 (59)

115-1 off 17.5
  • Options
    128-1 off 20
  • Options
    Gonna be some Joe Root effigies burnt on the streets of Dhaka tonight
  • Options
    Oh wait, the guy's okay. As you were 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Leuth said:
    Gonna be some Joe Root effigies burnt on the streets of Dhaka tonight

I don't think that it is generally understood that the onus is on the batsman to be ready at the start of a bowler's run up. Just because, as Root did, a batsman looks up and the bowler is in his delivery stride when he isn't ready to receive it, does not give him the right to pull out just because that doesn't fit in with their "trigger". That said and this wasn't the case in this instance, some bowler's do try to rush through an over. I once umpired an over that I reckon took 45 seconds to bowl in its entirety- two step spinner, ball to keeper/cover and straight back to bowler. If I had been the batsman, I'd have been tying my shoelaces on at least one occasion during that over. 

• Options
    149-1 off 25

As I said, I wonder if we haven't just missed a trick in not sending Brook in. Root is finding his way and Malan's strike rate has actually gone down. In the final 10 overs of the innings, Bangladesh can have an extra man outside the circle making it harder to hit boundaries.