Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Plus a comical run out followed by a stumping to make it 3 wickets for 23 runs, 3 wickets for 24 runs and finally 4 wickets for 34 runs 

286 all out off 49 overs 

• Options
    Pakistan's innings had many similarities to England's.

Ned 28-0  5 overs
  • Options
    28-1  (knew that would happen).
  • Options
    Pakistan win by 81 runs.
  • Options
    Jonathan Trott, Afghanistan's Head Coach, looks somewhat unimpressed at his side's batting performance against Bangladesh. On a good deck, they've managed to go from 83-1 off 15 overs and looking at 280 plus to 156 all out off 37.2 overs. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Sri Lanka won the toss against South Africa and have elected to bowl
  • Options
    Sheer bloody murder occurring
  • Options
    Bangladesh beat Afghanistan by 6 wickets with 92 balls remaining
  • Options
    I didn't even mean that game!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Sheer bloody murder occurring
    Temba Bavuma decided to Leave Right Now as a demonstration of his solidarity with Will Young 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    I didn't even mean that game!
    I know you didn't. They have a bit of batting to come too.
  • Options
    100* for de Kock (83)
  • Options
    And out next ball

214-2 off 30.4
  • Options
    van der Dussen reaches his 100* (103)

244-2 off 34.4
  • Options
    Markram becomes the third Saffer to reach his ton - 102* off just 49 balls
  • Options
    S A  finish on 428-5
  • Options
    S A  finish on 428-5
    At least we won't be bottom any more 😌 
  • Options
    Mendis raging against the dying light rather splendidly 
  • Options
    The bail just went for 6!
  • Options
    SL 326 all out. SA win by 102 runs. Just the small matter of 754 runs in the game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    S A  finish on 428-5
    At least we won't be bottom any more 😌 
    Unfortunately we still are which says it all about both the nature of our defeat and SL's excellent response to being battered when they bowled. 
  • Options
    Australia 85-2 off 20. Marsh and Warner gone and Smith looking very good but difficult to know what a good score is here. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Just had a drinks break. Smith is set. First ball from Jadeja, quicker than pre drinks, pitches outside leg and takes top of off. Smith tucks bat under arm and trudges off and will, no doubt, spend the next two hours studying what he might have done differently. Not a lot is the answer.  
  • Options
    India have fielded brilliantly today. Ishan Kishan leading the way in that respect. 
  • Options
    Well that was a massive waste of a review!
  • Options
    India have by SO far the best bowling attack at the tournament, that's what makes them favourites much more than their batting
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    India have by SO far the best bowling attack at the tournament, that's what makes them favourites much more than their batting
    Overall yes but, to be fair, one or two team's seam bowling department is deeper including that of Pakistan. India's spinners, though, all have the ability to build pressure and produce wicket taking balls. That makes the type of pitch and nature of the balance of the side so important and I'm really not sure that we have the squad to get that right - Rashid doesn't seem to be the threat he once was, Ali is OK as a third spinner but Livingstone is neither threatening or accurate enough. Little wonder Liam Dawson is contemplating honouring his SA20 contract rather than going on the India tour.  
  • Options
    Yeah, Liam Dawson feels like he should be an automatic all-formats pick in the subcontinent at least if not anywhere right now
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Yeah, Liam Dawson feels like he should be an automatic all-formats pick in the subcontinent at least if not anywhere right now
    Of course, had Stokes been able to bowl then things might have been different as we wouldn't then have picked six other seamers. But I suppose the question is whether we really needed six anyway? India only have five seamers in their squad and have picked just three in this game, one of which, Hardik Pandya, is really there to do the all rounders role. I suppose the acid test will be how many games someone like Willey will play as against how many Dawson might have played.