Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup

Comments

• Options
    Interesting Moeen coming in now. Perhaps a realisation that we need to re-build for a period of time given that there are still 33 overs to go. 
  • Options
    It is weird how Moeen has these incredibly distinct batting roles that basically don't overlap. He's either going to dig in or try and hit everything for six
  • Options
    What was Moeen doing? Moeen was doing what Moeen does. Apart from the two opening bowlers, this is a really limited NZ attack and we are making them look like world beaters

118-4 off 21.2
  • Options
    Root batting by doing what he does best - working the ball around for 50 off 57 balls with just two 4s and one 6
  • Options
    166-4 off 30 overs

I'm going for 328 off 50 
  • Options
    Buttler becomes the fifth batsman to give his wicket up and another who looked in prime form before doing so - Boult and Henry only have three overs each to bowl which makes that even more frustrating. At least we still have Livingstone, Curran and Woakes but, with almost 17 overs to go, it is imperative that we do bat for the duration

188-5 off 33.2
  • Options
    This has been a right licorice innings.
  • Options
    I'm seeing reports that there are between 20-25K in a ground that holds 132k but, because it is so incredibly hot, they are all congregated in the more sheltered areas
  • Options
    And that is the difference between Root and so many of our other batsmen. Root will take five singles in six balls whereas the others are going dot, dot, dot, dot, boundary (or out)

221-6 off 38.5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Root you idiot. 
    No need to play that shot at this stage of the game. 
    We needed him to bat till the end
  • Options
    And after all I've said, Root picks the wrong ball to reverse sweep and is bowled for 77 off 86 off the part timer Phillips

229-7 off 41.1

• Options
    And that is the difference between Root and so many of our other batsmen. Root will take five singles in six balls whereas the others are going dot, dot, dot, dot, boundary (or out)

221-6 off 38.5
     :/ 
  • Options
    All a bit disappointing - nearly every wicket given away rather than lost. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    All a bit disappointing - nearly every wicket given away rather than lost. 
    And there's another one though I wouldn't be anywhere near as critical of Woakes because of the situation of only five overs left as I would be of the likes of Bairstow, Brook, Ali and Livingstone. This has been a really poor batting show.
  • Options
    Bookies can’t separate the winning team at this stage. 
  • Options
    What about now? 
  • Options
    Market might have moved a bit since you posted as a result of Curran getting out but there is quite a percentage difference between the two on the Betfair Exchange

England 2.52
    NZ 1.65
  • Options
    With sensible batting this was a 300 plus wicket. 
    New Zealand now favourite as far as I'm concerned 
  • Options
    England haven't been entirely convincing since September. They could have done with 2 decent warm up games out here, instead of the half a game the weather allowed

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    NZ have been really disciplined - just 3 extras in total (all wides) in 48 overs
  • Options
    This England team, in its make up, feels too much like the 1990s.

Some how, despite the incredible depth we have got we have managed to be both a batsman and a bowler light.
  • Options
    With sensible batting this was a 300 plus wicket. 
    New Zealand now favourite as far as I'm concerned 
    Heavy favourites for me. We need a very good start with the ball.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    What about now? 
    Both 10/11
  • Options
    282-9 off 50. Probably 40 plus light but we won't truly know 'til NZ get to bat on this surface but there doesn't appear to be too many demons. That said, very little between them in the market:

England 2.02
    NZ 1.96
  • Options
    All 11 batsmen got into double figures. That really doesn't happen very often but it also makes our total that much more disappointing. 
  • Options
    10-0 off one?  We're miles ahead!
  • Options
    My moaning that Curran isn't a new ball bowler paid off 🤣
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    My moaning that Curran isn't a new ball bowler paid off 🤣
    Nice to start with a wicket maiden.  Especially when you bowl five good balls and take a wicket with the leg-side pie. 
  • Options
    Then nearly gets a run out, amazing what 8 dots in a row does.