Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    Still no play in the games at Durham and Derbyshire. The Derby ground must have poor drainage considering that the games at Edgbaston and Trent Bridge have seen plenty of play.
  • Options
    After biding his time against Agar, Renshaw is upping his RR against Evison
  • Options
    Still no play in the games at Durham and Derbyshire. The Derby ground must have poor drainage considering that the games at Edgbaston and Trent Bridge have seen plenty of play.
    New Road, Worcester has been struggling slightly more with the elements

Dramatic pictures of New Road cricket ground underwater as Worcesters hit  by flooding again  Worcester News
  • Options
    Following his 84 in the first innings, Jordan Cox does a "Jack Leaning"  in the second - strangled down the legside first ball
  • Options
    Really hope that Gilchrist can find his 2022 form that resulted in him being our top wicket taker with 33 wickets at 27 apiece and a call up for the England Lions. Last year he suffered badly with injuries (returned figures of 2-401) and his bowling really wasn't a representation of what he is capable of. It might still take him a few games to find his rhythm but fingers crossed that he does. 
  • Options
    Parkinson's first wicket, of many hopefully
  • Options
    Parkinson's first wicket, of many hopefully
    And Renshaw's is a great one to get too
  • Options
    Kashif Ali. Remember the name 
  • Options
    edited April 7
    Leuth said:
    Kashif Ali. Remember the name 
    He won't be the last success to come through the SACA system I'm sure.  
  • Options
    Another wicket to Garrett - Banton caught by Finch

252-4
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 7
    Swiftly followed by Gilchrist having Goldsworthy caught at cover by Evison
  • Options
    Big Wes strikes

255-6
  • Options
    Rew is out trying to slog Leaning

356-7 and a lead of 72
  • Options
    374-7 at close of play for a lead of 90
  • Options
    Not great but better than looked probable earlier in the day.
  • Options
    With the likelihood of rain tomorrow afternoon, hard to see Kent not drawing this. I imagine Somerset will try and score some quick runs then declare.
  • Options
    With the likelihood of rain tomorrow afternoon, hard to see Kent not drawing this. I imagine Somerset will try and score some quick runs then declare.
    I would hesitate to suggest that, bar possibly one or two games, any of the nine matches will end up anything other than a draw. In fact, there are a couple of games that might conclude without a single ball being bowled.  
  • Options
    So far at Lord's, 1080 runs have been scored in 3 days for 8 wickets  :D
  • Options

Dramatic pictures of New Road cricket ground underwater as Worcesters hit  by flooding again  Worcester News
    Derek Underwood would have been unplayable on that wicket  :)
  • Options

I think Graeme Swann would have liked the water...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Surely time for them to move to anew main ground ? seems to  flood three
    times a year 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Surely time for them to move to anew main ground ? seems to  flood three
    times a year 
    I believe that they are talking in those terms which, given its history, will be sad. That said, I did find it to be a bit of an odd shaped ground. 
  • Options
    I've done some Google Maps searching and found that there is indeed an Old Road just outside Worcester with a cricket-stadium-shaped patch of open land next to it. Make it happen
  • Options
    Yeah I saw last week that they're looking at moving away from New Road because they're losing so many games to the weather. Believe they're playing the first couple of games at Kidderminster because of it. 
  • Options
    Do these early wickets make it more or less likely we will lose 😆
  • Options
    Maximum bowling bonus points.

Survive the opening 20 overs with the Kookaburra, and batting becomes easy. 
  • Options
    Did I read on here that Gilchrist took 2 wickets last season? He has already bettered that!!!
  • Options
    Somerset all out with a lead of 119.

I’d much rather we were still bowling! 
  • Options
    The game at Derbyshire has been abandoned without a ball being bowled, which is pretty poor even allowing for the endless rain recently.
  • Options
    Two more wickets to Gilchrist and a run out to DBD for 403 all out. We get 3 bowling points. Somerset's lead is 119.