Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    DBD brings up his century with a 4
  • Options
    Ton for DBD and his second of the season too 
  • Options
    When Tom Banton is bowling you know that the game is well and truly over!
  • Options
    Denly out to Goldsworthy for 110 (142)

290-4
  • Options
    I can't imagine Harry Finch really wanted to have to bat tonight, with 2 balls left!
  • Options
    edited April 8
    Match drawn. Shame because it might have been an interesting game had we not lost a day. 

290-4

DBD 107* (169)
    Finch 0* (2)
  • Options
    Northeast now has scores of over 400 and over 300 !! .. not many current players have done that .. does an England call up beckon .. I reckon .. nahhh
  • Options
    Sensible to not pick Bashir on an April deck
  • Options
    Never in doubt we'd see that one out....

:# 
  • Options
    Northeast now has scores of over 400 and over 300 !! .. not many current players have done that .. does an England call up beckon .. I reckon .. nahhh
    Not that many English batsmen average over 40 over the course of their career, over 35 in List A and over 30 in T20s as Northeast does. For whatever reason, he has been consistently overlooked and at the age of 34, the odds have to be that he will finish his career without a full England cap. But for that fallout with us then who knows what career he might have had!  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not that many English batsmen average over 40 over the course of their career, over 35 in List A and over 30 in T20s as Northeast does. For whatever reason, he has been consistently overlooked and at the age of 34, the odds have to be that he will finish his career without a full England cap. But for that fallout with us then who knows what career he might have had!  
    There's always a player like this knocking around. Hildreth before him 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    There's always a player like this knocking around. Hildreth before him 
    I waited years to see Hildreth make his test debut, almost as long as I waited for us to sign Paddy Madden, both to no avail
  • Options
    Left Kent to further his England credentials.

England call up Denly, Crawley and Billings instead!
  • Options
    Sam has scored big runs at times and his career stats overall are good.

However, when he was at Kent I remember him averaging only low or mid 20s in proper cricket in at least one season maybe even two.

Selectors might remember that.
  • Options
    edited April 8
    By all accounts, the ECB are proposing to apply for a super injunction preventing the publication of the below table as it shows that four of the top five places are occupied by non Test and/or Hundred hosting counties.

The ECB's cause will be aided by the distinct possibility that they will be able to impose sanctions on the leaders, Essex, following Feroze Khushi's bat failing an on-field dimensions check on day three. The bat was taken by the Umpires for submission to the ECB and Essex can only be hopeful that the ultimate punishment won't be automatic relegation.

May be an image of text that says Vitality County Championship- Division One Table Enter a team or competition Team 1 P w L Essex Ba Bo 1 2 1 Pts 1 Somerset 3 1 3 20 Worcs 4 3 1 15 4 Warks 3 3 14 5 Kent 2 3 1 13 6 Surrey 1 3 1 12 7 0 Lancashire 3 1 11 8 Durham 0 0 1 8 9 0 Hampshire 0 1 8 10 Notts 0 0 8 10101 3 Last updated 8th April 2024 at 1700

• Options
    edited April 8
    Joking aside, there will be repercussions about Feroze Khushi's bat but perhaps not just for Essex. I have taken a look at him batting in the game and the bat looks like being a Gray Nicholls. So the question is, given that Gray Nicolls are the biggest sponsor of English high profile players, how many more of their bats would similarly fail? It's a pretty basic fail too. 

There is another explanation and that is that the bat was made by another manufacturer with an agreement that it will carry Gray Nicolls' stickers. This does happen a lot and that includes some of the top batsmen in the world - Chris Gayle's bats, for example, were made by Keeley but didn't carry their stickers. 

• Options
    Joking aside, there will be repercussions about Feroze Khushi's bat but perhaps not just for Essex. I have taken a look at him batting in the game and the bat looks like being a Gray Nicholls. So the question is, given that Gray Nicolls are the biggest sponsor of English high profile players, how many more of their bats would similarly fail? It's a pretty basic fail too. 

There is another explanation and that is that the bat was made by another manufacturer with an agreement that it will carry Gray Nicolls' stickers. This does happen a lot and that includes some of the top batsmen in the world - Chris Gayle's bats, for example, were made by Keeley but didn't carry their stickers. 

As far as have heard, the only previous case of an oversized bat being penalised, Durham were deducted 10 points for the offence .. no idea what happened to the offending batsman
  • Options
    Kent are looking to get another overseas bowler in before the arrival of Swanepoel as there is a concern about the fitness of most of our seamers either because they are currently injured or in the case of Agar and Gilchrist because there is a concern of over bowling them. Whoever it is, they won't be here in time for the Essex game so it will very much be a short term solution. 
  • Options

As far as have heard, the only previous case of an oversized bat being penalised, Durham were deducted 10 points for the offence .. no idea what happened to the offending batsman
    I believe the actual bat was fine and within the limits, but it was some tape  Kushi put on the bat that made it a millimetre or two over the limit. 

Apparently it passed the measuring gauge in the dressing room fine, but not  the umpires one 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting couple of additions to the XI that played against Somerset for the game against Essex commencing tomorrow - Stewart, who has been injured, but more so Klaassen for one of his rare potential red ball outings. Quinn is still injured.

• Options
    Is Ekansh related to Jas?
  • Options
    Is Ekansh related to Jas?
    No he's not. 
  • Options
    edited April 12
    Essex have won the toss and have elected to bat. Jaydn Denly is in for Joey Evison and he wasn't in the 13 originally. Evison picked up an injury in the warm up!!!

A few of their players to look out for - MOL's nephew, Jamie Porter; Jordan Cox for obvious reasons; Dean Elgar for being the scorer of those thousands of runs at Test level: Feroze Khushi for his oversize bat.

One not to look at for (and this is massive) because "A Change Is Gonna Come" - Sam Cook who is injured!!!
  • Options
    Massive cook not playing for them, seems like that guy always gets wickets against us. 

Do hope evisons injury is not bad!  
  • Options
    A bit weird to name a 13, then pick someone not in the 13. You might as well not bother announcing the 13, and just name the team on the day!

An interesting choice to go for Jaydn rather than say Grant Stewart, as I can't see him bowling much.
  • Options
    A bit weird to name a 13, then pick someone not in the 13. You might as well not bother announcing the 13, and just name the team on the day!

An interesting choice to go for Jaydn rather than say Grant Stewart, as I can't see him bowling much.
    Maybe they want a bit more batting depth , and he scored 100 against their 2s yesterday so confidence must be high 
  • Options
    Agar bowls Khushi with his first ball!!!