Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    Wicket to Garrett - Westley with a massive waft that is caught by Finch

10-2
  • Options
    edited April 12
    A bit weird to name a 13, then pick someone not in the 13. You might as well not bother announcing the 13, and just name the team on the day!

An interesting choice to go for Jaydn rather than say Grant Stewart, as I can't see him bowling much.
    I wonder if Stewart even travelled and they took Klaassen and Jaydn (who was probably always going to be the sub fielder) as cover because I can't imagine that they wanted on this pitch to go in with just three seamers. Stewart is just coming back from injury and they wouldn't necessarily have wanted him running around as 12th man whereas Jaydn fits that bill. Stewart at 7 certainly wouldn't be ideal but he's no mug with the bat and the potential workload for Agar, Gilchrist (overs still being managed) and Garrett (a relative rookie) has to be a concern. That said, we couldn't have started any better and hope Jaydn does well on what is his First Class debut. 

• Options
    Jordan Cox has made up his mind that he is going to hit Garrett out of the attack - a lovely cover drive to a half volley followed by, next ball, by a straight and aerial on drive for successive boundaries. 
  • Options
    Livestream for those interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqX3rmOGYTA
  • Options
    I’ve never wanted someone to fail as much as I do Jordan cox 
  • Options
    A bit weird to name a 13, then pick someone not in the 13. You might as well not bother announcing the 13, and just name the team on the day!

An interesting choice to go for Jaydn rather than say Grant Stewart, as I can't see him bowling much.
    I wonder if Stewart even travelled and they took Klaassen and Jaydn (who was probably always going to be the sub fielder) as cover because I can't imagine that they wanted on this pitch to go in with just three seamers. Stewart is just coming back from injury and they wouldn't necessarily have wanted him running around as 12th man whereas Jaydn fits that bill. Stewart at 7 certainly wouldn't be ideal but he's no mug with the bat and the potential workload for Agar, Gilchrist (overs still being managed) and Garrett (a relative rookie) has to be a concern. That said, we couldn't have started any better and hope Jaydn does well on what is his First Class debut. 
    It does leave us with just 3 seamers + DBD, and a lot of spin options. 
  • Options
    Garrett has been giving away too many freebies and has been taken off. Gilchrist is on and Agar has switched ends. 

48-2 off 10
  • Options

It does leave us with just 3 seamers + DBD, and a lot of spin options. 
    That was the point I was trying to make. I now wonder if we even took Klasssen? We'll see from the sub fielder but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't someone like O'Riordan or even one of the Academy lads such as Ekansh. Despite taking two early wickets (both poor decisions by the batsmen) whether we are going to struggle to make inroads and also the longer term implications re fitness on the likes of Agar and Gilchrist. Time will tell.    
  • Options
    Parkinson comes on and bowls an over of full tosses and half volleys - 13 off his over

95-2 off 18 
  • Options
    I've watched Kent for 20 minutes. They're finishing bottom
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I assume everyone is using the Kookaburra ball again, as batting does look very comfortable around the country for April. Warks Bazballing along at 114-0 from 20, against a Durham attack including Scott Boland and England caps Carse and Potts
  • Options
    50 for Cox
  • Options
    50 for Cox
    It’s ok. He always scores 0 in his second innings for Essex 
  • Options
    I assume everyone is using the Kookaburra ball again, as batting does look very comfortable around the country for April. Warks Bazballing along at 114-0 from 20, against a Durham attack including Scott Boland and England caps Carse and Potts
    That is indeed the case. And it won't get any more difficult as after about 20 overs or so the ball invariably goes soft. In the case of Essex, Khushi left one and Westley threw his hands at a wide one with a booming drive. I really don't think that the likes of Elgar would have got out to either of those balls. 
  • Options
    /MrOneLung said:
    50 for Cox
    It’s ok. He always scores 0 in his second innings for Essex 
    Trouble is he might not even need to have a second bat if these two put on 200 plus!
  • Options
    Elgar 50 too
  • Options
    Parkinson is dogshit 

that is all. 

• Options
    Warwickshire are now 140-0 off 27 overs which looks like a great decision by the Durham captain, Scott Borthwick, to put them in. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Parkinson is dogshit 

that is all. 

He hasn't bowled well but, to be fair to him, there is no turn and no bounce for him. In ordinary circumstances, he'd be bowling one over before lunch but given that we can't keep rotating our three seamers we have no choice but to bowl him at this stage of the game. 
  • Options
    123-2 off 28 at lunch

Elgar  54* (87)
    Cox    51* (80)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Awful decision bringing Jaydn denly in for evison, left ourselves a bowler light
  • Options
    Cox top edges a short ball from Gilchrist to Agar at fine leg but the diving Big Wes spills it.  
  • Options
    DBD surely needs to bring himself on as the 4th seamer
  • Options
    150 partnership for Elgar and Cox

162-2 
  • Options
    The Yorkshire card suggests that Joe Root and Harry Brook are playing but with the former making just 2 and the latter scoring 26 off 55 balls that surely can't be the case!
  • Options
    At least Surrey are suffering with the ball too - Somerset are 171-1 
  • Options
    Garrett traps Cox LBW for 67 (105)

169-3
  • Options
    edited April 12
    Warwickshire 201-0
  • Options
    Garrett traps Cox LBW for 67 (105)

169-3
    I trust the Kent supporters there chanted "Kent reject" as he trudged off.  Both of them anyway.
  • Options
    DBD surely needs to bring himself on as the 4th seamer
    One would have thought so though he didn't bowl for a decade because of historical back problems. Perhaps he has a concern there.