Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    New ball due in 5 overs or so
  • Options
    Another one bites the dust.
  • Options
    Leaning quickly follows... 
  • Options
    I chose the wrong/right day to go - delete as appropriate 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Already taken it at 80 didn't they? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Already taken it at 80 didn't they? 
    Yeah, for some reason was thinking only 75 overs in - doh 
  • Options
    The new ball period is the one time the seamers look dangerous, we just need to survive the next few overs, as this afternoon will be perfect for batting.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I chose the wrong/right day to go - delete as appropriate 
     You could do the decent thing and have a word in your nephew's ear about easing off a bit!
  • Options
    Need another 80 runs to avoid the follow on I believe. Just picked up a second batting point.

300-5
  • Options
    312-6
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    312-7

Critchley ripping through us
  • Options
    Compton standing firm but not getting too much support from the other end - currently 127* (306)
  • Options
    If the Kookaburra has done one thing, it's to get the spinners loads of early-season bowling
  • Options
    Go on, Nathan! 
  • Options
    Seems odd to declare.  Can only assume Essex will set us an enticing target 
  • Options
    413 all out and 117 runs behind. Credit to Compton for being last man out and almost carrying his bat -165 (363)
  • Options
    Seems odd to declare.  Can only assume Essex will set us an enticing target 
    We didn't declare
  • Options
    2 of our top 3 batsmen did us proud, thank goodness. 

Normally, I'm not one of Compton's biggest fans but he played his vitally important role well.

And Gilchrist's runs were invaluable too as several of his colleagues missed out. 

Let's see what our bowlers can do now. 
  • Options
    edited April 14
    At 312-7 we did very well to get over 400, and 4 bonus points. Will Essex be brave, as it will need a very risky declaration to win tomorrow?
  • Options
    edited April 14
    Khushi caught by Jaydn on the boundary off the bowling of Big Wes (who had Elgar dropped in the first over by Finch, albeit off a difficult inside edge)

31-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 14
    At 312-7 we did very well to get over 400, and 4 bonus points. Will Essex be brave, as it will need a very risky declaration to win tomorrow?
    I think that they will declare and back their bowling but I'm not convinced that any declaration will be that risky. They could well be 350 plus ahead by lunch tomorrow which we won't get anywhere near off 60 overs for two reasons - Compton's strength is occupation and not chasing and if we find ourselves three or four down inside the first 30 over, with our batting to come, we are more than likely to shut up shop. 
  • Options
    Elgar LBW Garrett

58-2 - lead 175
  • Options
    Agar traps Westley LBW

79-3, lead of 196
  • Options
    Wondering what the pitch will play like tomorrow, but the weather is looking awful
  • Options
    Parkinson has just gone for 18 in an over

140-3, lead of 257

• Options
    Cox goes to his 50 with a 6 off Jaydn first ball of the innings
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Wondering what the pitch will play like tomorrow, but the weather is looking awful
    Essex have clearly made up their mind that there won't be much play hence hastening their declaration with all out attack
  • Options
    Durham have to follow on despite making 517. That must be one of the highest follow on totals?
  • Options
    Parkinson bowls Critchley going for another slog

166-4, lead of 283
  • Options
    Pepper has just launched one of Parkinson ball's only for the ball to go straight through Muyeye's hands for 6 and taking the score to 200.