Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited April 13
    Warwickshire finish the day on 490-1. That is starting to make me wonder whether this could end up one of the worst, numerically, ever decisions to put the opposition in. 
    It's not getting any better for Durham but it is for Stoneman's opposite number, Alex Davies, who probably couldn't believe his luck when Warwickshire asked them to bat. Given he's been the biggest recipient of Stoneman's generosity, Davies will probably be buying Stoneman a big drink post match.

562-1

Yates         191  (205)
    Davies       256* (310)
    Rhodes      100* (153)
  • Options
    Gilchrist has been awful this morning. Trying too many short balls and has gone for 39 in his 3 overs this morning

500-7
  • Options
    Warwickshire finish the day on 490-1. That is starting to make me wonder whether this could end up one of the worst, numerically, ever decisions to put the opposition in. 
    It's not getting any better for Durham but it is for Stoneman's opposite number, Alex Davies, who probably couldn't believe his luck when Warwickshire asked them to bat. Given he's been the biggest recipient of Stoneman's generosity, Davies will probably be buying Stoneman a big drink post match.

562-1

Yates         191  (205)
    Davies       256* (310)
    Rhodes      100* (153)
    562-2, Davies out. The start of the collapse  ;)
  • Options

562-1

Yates         191  (205)
    Davies       256* (310)
    Rhodes      100* (153)
    562-2, Davies out. The start of the collapse  ;)
    Ed Bernard, with a severe dose of pad rash, has just got out for a single! I see Parkinson got both wickets. The revenge of the twin! 
  • Options
    The Parkinson twins appear to have an aversion to bowling maidens:

Matt       27-1-125-2
    Callum   34-0-172-2
  • Options
    530-7 declared
  • Options
    Muyeye out LBW for 11 shouldering arms to one. He isn't yet an opener at this stage of his career and would surely do more damage coming in lower down the order.

27-1
  • Options
    A very uncomfortable batting period ends with us on 29-1 at lunch
  • Options

• Options
    Muyeye out LBW for 11 shouldering arms to one. He isn't yet an opener at this stage of his career and would surely do more damage coming in lower down the order.

27-1
    Denly and DBD have both opened in the past, one of them would surely be more suitable?

As it is, when Zak plays, Muyeye will now be the obvious person to be dropped 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

27-1
    Denly and DBD have both opened in the past, one of them would surely be more suitable?

From what Kent have said Zak should be back for the next game. 
  • Options

27-1

From what Kent have said Zak should be back for the next game. 
    At Muyeye's expense, whereas if he had played lower down the order and scored runs against the soft Kookaburra, he would have been safe 
  • Options
    50 for DBD. 

All a bit sedentary here. 
  • Options
    100 partnership up 
  • Options
    Can I just say kookaburra balls are shite on non hard baked pitches. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Think you're not the only one saying that! 
  • Options
    Only two wickets in the day’s play. Is it really all due to the Kookaburra ball or have Essex just prepared a road?
  • Options
    No extras so far in the Kent inning's
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Perhaps that's why the likes of Duckett, Root, Brook etc chose to include one or other, or even both these matches. The Kokkaburra ball won't be used again until two matches in August/September so those that have missed out on runs in this period might regret it. As it happens, it should help us because one would like to think that we aren't going to lose this game and haven't, therefore, wasted the opportunity of having Crawley playing for us. 
  • Options
    245-1 off 80 overs at close and 285 behind

Compton      100* (237)
    DBD              134* (215)
    We should get at least 1 batting point!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Perhaps that's why the likes of Duckett, Root, Brook etc chose to include one or other, or even both these matches. The Kokkaburra ball won't be used again until two matches in August/September so those that have missed out on runs in this period might regret it. As it happens, it should help us because one would like to think that we aren't going to lose this game and haven't, therefore, wasted the opportunity of having Crawley playing for us. 
    Zak in such conditions will either get out cheaply playing an expansive shot, or score a triple ton once he gets in!

• Options
    Arrived home from Macca Bonne's Cambridge(  :D ), eager to see our scorecard & the related comments on here. 

Not a great 90+ minutes' entertainment from our boys in black & seemingly a bit of a plod at Chelmsford...

But fears of relegation are now behind us and a positive start to our innings from the lads in white. 

Can't really complain.
  • Options
    it was a really underwhelming 245-1 if that can even be a thing when it’s your team getting the runs. 

Most of the afternoon was around 2.5 runs an over and can probably count on one hand how many LBW appeals there were as well. 

However, it is about the points at the end of the day, so hopefully can push on tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Being Kent, I still expect a batting collapse in day 4, leading to defeat.
  • Options
    So far, as at 13th April there have been: 

21 centuries 
    3 doubles
    1 triple 

I think we can safely say using the Kookaburra ball at this time of year has not really worked 
  • Options
    edited April 14
    DBD out for 135. 251/2
  • Options
    DBD out for 135. 251/2
    And so it begins.....
  • Options
    127 to avoid the follow on…