Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    Cox reaches his 100 with a 6 over square leg off Gilchrist off just 85 balls to follow his 67 in the first innings
  • Options
    Yeah doubt there will be hardly any play tomorrow 
  • Options
    edited April 14
    At 312-7 we did very well to get over 400, and 4 bonus points. Will Essex be brave, as it will need a very risky declaration to win tomorrow?
    I think that they will declare and back their bowling but I'm not convinced that any declaration will be that risky. They could well be 350 plus ahead by lunch tomorrow which we won't get anywhere near off 60 overs for two reasons - Compton's strength is occupation and not chasing and if we find ourselves three or four down inside the first 30 over, with our batting to come, we are more than likely to shut up shop. 
    Forget a lead of 350 at lunchtime tomorrow - Essex finish on 257-4 off just 40 overs at close of play for a lead of 374
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    If the Kookaburra has done one thing, it's to get the spinners loads of early-season bowling
    Those that have been selected but not the four England spinners to tour India who have all missed at least one of the two opening matches. Or, or that matter, the Kent spinners who have match figure between them of 65-2-334-4
  • Options
    Think I'd better get some sleep ...

Sounds like my "happy feet " will be required from 11am tomorrow. 
  • Options
    I'm waiting for the commentator tomorrow to say ...

"Essex declare on their overnight score, and with the rain delay costing 60 overs of play, the game will almost certainly peter out into a tame draw"

Before Kent subside to 22-3...
  • Options
    Ground delay - inspection at 11.30
  • Options
    looking bright and suny out my office wondow, and I'm about 5 minutes away. Hoping the rain stays away now.
  • Options
    Have a horrible feeling about this today. 
  • Options
    How how many wickets will be down when we reach 375  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Raining heavily in Chelmsford
  • Options
    Raining heavily in Chelmsford
    Gutted!
  • Options
    1:40 start planned...
  • Options
    Well if we can't survive for two sessions then we don't deserve to draw the match. 
  • Options
    Muyeye gone for a duck. Played no sort of shot to one that nips away to a delivery from Porter. The "leave" is an opener's best friend and I'm afraid that, as much as he can be an outstanding and destructive batsman, he isn't one for the very top of the order.

4-1
  • Options
    The fact that we haven't scored a run off the bat in the first five overs suggests that we aren't going for the win!

5-1
  • Options
    Unless I've missed something, Muyeye has had a less than positive start to the season. 

We need a couple of heroes now to see us through today. 

Or, let the dancing begin....
  • Options
    With the passing of Derek Underwood, it's a sad day for Kent, so it would be nice for the players to do something good this afternoon in his honour.
  • Options
    Here we go then, Compton now gone. Deary me, even by Kent standards this is pathetic 
  • Options
    Compton LBW Porter 6 (22). He didn't look like he liked the decision either, presumably believing he hit it. 

19-2

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leaning owes us a score here. Never been convinced on him 
  • Options
    Who was it said we'd be 23-2 in a severely curtailed match.
    We genuinely seem to fold on demand for these games.
  • Options
    Come on we need 2 batsmen to dig in and bat out the remaining overs for the draw. 

Thought Compton might be the man but evidently not.
  • Options
    The frustrating thing is that is we hadn't let Essex score so quickly yesterday, they might not have been able to declare overnight with an unreachable target, which has left us having to defend for 2 sessions against Harmer surrounded by close fielders.

Indeed Deadly would have loved this situation to bowl in.

DBD out as I type this. Massive trouble now.
  • Options
    DBD out LBW trying to slog sweep Harmer for 18 (53)

37-3 off 18 overs
  • Options
    I'm waiting for the commentator tomorrow to say ...

"Essex declare on their overnight score, and with the rain delay costing 60 overs of play, the game will almost certainly peter out into a tame draw"

Before Kent subside to 22-3...
    Lol
  • Options
    37-4. Without Sam Cook either.
  • Options
    Leaning bowled Snater 8 (23)
  • Options
    We're going to struggle to get the draw here.
  • Options
    Finch LBW Critchley 14 (38). It's down to the Denlys to save us